Anarchy Workout

It definitely looks like insanity with dumbells. I have a feeling it would probably be as high impact as insanity so my knees wont handle it. Temptation over :)

Not in the mood for an Insanity clone. Maybe another time. Ok, just read Videofitness reviews. Sounds very enticing. Very metabolic. But, I have enough on my plate, right now.

Last edited:
Unfortunately for me too this looks like a "copycat" program. The moves look the same as seen everywhere else. I may tuck it in the back of my mind for later or watch and see if he does other stuff down the road. Thanks for sharing!

Has anyone tried this one? Any reviews, or feedback? So many programs, so little time.
http://www.theanarchyworkout.com/theanarchyworkout/index

I tried the first disk from Kineticflix. These workouts aren't like insanity or P90X3. Each disk has a cardio, a strength and an endurance workout. They run about 30 minutes each. I classify them as bodyweight workouts with a functional twist and a good cardio element. The impact isn't crazy, mindless or constant. IIRC, it is mostly in the cardio workout. There is a lot of up and down movements. You only use dumbbells in the strength workout. I remember liking the endurance workout the most. For all 3 workouts, you do a set of moves working for 30 to 45 sec and resting for 15 to 20 sec, sometime longer. There is a timer on the screen. The moves are repeated 3x. With each round, he adds new twists to increase the intensity. I would classify these workouts as intermediate/ low advanced. The second disk is supposed to be harder but can't comment on that since I haven't seen it.

The instructor is new to me. While he talks more than I care for, he is not annoying. I take him any day over Tony Horton. I think yelling and non sense phrases have no place in a professional workout. He keeps it to a minimum compared to many others out there. Overall, the content of the workouts is worth the price. DH also liked it. We will end up buying this set. It is good for a shorter workout day or as an add-on. There was enough new in it to justify finding shelf space for it.

I try many workouts from kineticflix but rarely buy. I preview quickly and return them, most without trying even once. It saves me from buying what I will never use. Cathe and Tracie long are the 2 instructors that I purchase from without first renting.

Soapmaker, did you keep or return the workouts? It looks pretty good. I never bought into PX90 or anything that seemed heavily commercialized. It always seemed like a gimmick.

tlc, I haven't bought the set yet. I returned the first disk to Kineticflix recently. I looked at my notes in my to buy list. I thought that either the cardio or the endurance workout followed by the strength workout would make for a nice hour long workout. There is a good mix of agility, balance, and directional changes. The emphasis is on performing the moves with control. The endurance workout doesn't repeat like the other 2 but has a finisher using many of the moves. The cardio workout included bodyweight moves and isn't pure plyo drills.

I'll wait till rodale has a coupon for 25% off to buy the set. IIRC, the workouts aren't chaptered. I'm not willing to pay much for workouts that aren't chaptered.

I still own P90X. It was good back in the day. We haven't touched it since STS came out. I didn't care for P90X2 or 3 as sets. With Cathe's sets, you get workouts that compliment each other but are different enough to justify having them in the set. You get a balanced routine from doing them all. With most other sets, the workouts run together and could have been made into a single good workout with few premixes. I don't bother with beachbody sets anymore. Slim Series is their only set that I still use despite being the most boring production ever.

Has anyone else tried this? I read the reviews on video fitness. Seems pretty good. The reviewer said its intermediate/advanced.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.