Amy Bento's Shipped

Hey ladies! Can I jump in here and ask about Amy Bento? I've seen her name mentioned here a few times and, of course, want to know about her. I looked at some of her videos on-line and see that she has some step videos - I LOVE STEP! You guys obviously think she's great - can you recommend any particular videos? What do you like about her?

Thanks!
Natalie

Hey ladies! Can I jump in here and ask about Amy Bento? I've seen her name mentioned here a few times and, of course, want to know about her. I looked at some of her videos on-line and see that she has some step videos - I LOVE STEP! You guys obviously think she's great - can you recommend any particular videos? What do you like about her?

Thanks!
Natalie

I'd start with her newest ASC3 or ASC2 for your first Amy step workout, then buy everything else!!

Why do I think she's da bomb? Extremely creative choreography, genuinely advanced aerobic work, great music, solid cueing (once you learn her method & terminology), excellent customer service, and an all around sweetie pie if you email her or post a question to her. Lastly, in terms of workout length and intensity, she's the best bargain out there!

I also love her Hi Lo and I was not a Hi Lo person until Amy came along. You have to try her Hi Lo Cardio Knock out--it's the hardest, funnest workout I own. Her kickbox workouts are outstanding too--mega calorie burning. I've never done as many kicks in a kickbox workout as in her KBX.

Ooops, almost forgot to mention her weight training. Slo Mo is fabulous--my butt hurt for days and it's 3 hours of wt training for $20!! APX offers varied moves and is also great. She complements Cathe's weight training very well. My DH loves her standing core work; it's done wonders for his back! HTH!

I'd start with her newest ASC3 or ASC2 for your first Amy step workout, then buy everything else!!

Why do I think she's da bomb? Extremely creative choreography, genuinely advanced aerobic work, great music, solid cueing (once you learn her method & terminology), excellent customer service, and an all around sweetie pie if you email her or post a question to her. Lastly, in terms of workout length and intensity, she's the best bargain out there!

I also love her Hi Lo and I was not a Hi Lo person until Amy came along. You have to try her Hi Lo Cardio Knock out--it's the hardest, funnest workout I own. Her kickbox workouts are outstanding too--mega calorie burning. I've never done as many kicks in a kickbox workout as in her KBX.

Ooops, almost forgot to mention her weight training. Slo Mo is fabulous--my butt hurt for days and it's 3 hours of wt training for $20!! APX offers varied moves and is also great. She complements Cathe's weight training very well. My DH loves her standing core work; it's done wonders for his back! HTH!
All that AND she consitently delivers the workout she says she will deliver. Not a lot of build up and hype just factual write ups, nice long preview clips, easy to navigate forum, and she truly delivers an advanced workout. One of my pet peeves is instrctors who say they are creating advanced routines yet hype up their write ups (workouts then sorely don't live up to that write UP) then say this is a workout anyone can do from beginner to advanced.

A note about her step, it is much more advanced/complex choregraphy wise then Cathe. People complain about her "lack of cueing" but I find it's just enough once you learn her style and once I know the workout (b/c I do her workouts over and over) it's nice not to have to hear the same lengthy description each and every time I do the workout so what some people say are weaknesses or things they don't like about Amy are actually things I appreciate.

Another thing I enjoy about Amy is she really seems to think out her projects. She has stayed consistent and only gotten better since her first offerings (which I own and still enjoy) instead of being wishy washy and trying "too hard" to be different so that there is no consistency. She seems to know who she is instead of going from the extreme of trying to please everyone to the extreme of limiting herself to a small group of hardcore fans. She seems to have found that line between professionalism and maintaining "friendships" with her customers without working them.

Amy has learned form her mistakes early in her career instead of continuing to make them again and again. I think Amy has come a long way in a short amount of time and I look forward to many future, advanced, creative workouts from her! While I understand this this is a tough business to get into and be successful at and my hats are off to all the instructors out there trying to make a name for themselves and create advanced routines for at home exercisers, I spend a lot of my discretionary funds on workouts and my money goes to those who have earned my trust and my business through consistent delivery and Amy is one of those who gets my presale money almost every time (if I have the funding at the time).

Think of Amy as a blonde, taller version of Cathe. She's more cardio focused (versus strength training). Her choerography is more complex---it takes several tries before I can do the entire w/o---but worth it b/c of fun factor. :)

Amy's website NRGfitness is the only site shipping right now. She stated that after all the preorders go out she will be shipping to other vendors.

She is the bomb!!! I love all her stuff and she is only getting started in this industry. What a talent!

Thanks! This Rumble dvd looks like something right up my alley, I just went and ordered my first Amy Bento DVD!!

I agree with all the posts about Amy. she rocks!! and I'm not usually someone who enjoys complex choreography but for some reason Amys is addictive and fun. It takes a few tries to get it down, but now most of her workouts I know it so well I already know what is coming so the basic cuing she gives is perfect. Her workouts are non-stop heart thumping fun. :) She is really nice on her forum also.

I also love her Hi Lo and I was not a Hi Lo person until Amy came along.

Neither was I, and, in fact, I hated it. It wasn't until I tried Amy's that I found out I liked it... even though I do mumble things under my breath if I can't keep up. ;)

Dela, I hope you'll be happy with your purchase. The Amy from the Rumble clip I saw is not the high-energy Amy we see on her other cardio workouts, she's more low-key in Rumble.

What is hi lo?

Thanks everyone! I think I'll order the kickbox extreme as well, I mainly do kickboxing videos for my cardio, and it's always good to have choices.

This might sound dumb, but what is Hi Lo exactly?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.