Amy Bento or Kelley Coffey-Meyer?

NathL

Cathlete
I'm thinking of getting one of these 2 workouts: ASC from Amy Bento or Ready, step go! by Kelly Coffey-Meyer. The 2 seem to be workouts over 35 min. long and with high intensity. Which one do you suggest?
TIA
Nathalie

Well, of those 2 I 'd say Amy's ASC, but I really don't think that's her best step workout. I'd suggest ASC 2 or 3 instead. On both of them, she has a bunch of shorter premixes that would keep the workout shorter and the music is great. ASC had some production issues during filming and while it's a good workout, but you don't get the "full fun factor" of Amy. She also whoops a lot in it, something she doesn't really do much of in her later workouts.

I prefer Kelly's 30 min, Bootcamp and her 30 min Kickbox. The BC has 2 circuit workouts 30 min. long, but there's a 30 min. cardio only premix. The KBx one has 2 30-min workouts, w/ premixes that mix, match and combine the 2. I sometimes have a hard time w/ Kelly's cueing, especially for step. I nearly killed myself trying her Step Kickboxing 2! For BC and KBx, I can handle her cueing, but for step--no way.

JMHO and HTH!

Last edited:
Hey there! I would say that they are both great but it depends on what you want. Amy's ASC is tough and you have to commit to a learning curve. I had ASC 2 years ago, returned it and now have ASC 3 which I am learning. I just don't think I was ready to do the work before.

KCM is easier with her choreography and I don't think her cuing is terrible but totally agree it could be better. I am a big fan of her step, though. I think it is much easier to learn than Amy's and once you do the workout once or twice, you'll catch on to Kelly's cuing style and you shouldn't have a problem with it. I am in agreement that her 30 minutes to fitness workouts are terrific, too.

I think the possible frustration factor with Amy is higher but her workouts are very fun once you get them down. KCM is easier to learn but not as interesting, although I get a great workout from her without feeling like I am beating myself up, which I need somedays.

So they are both good, just different. Did that help? I feel like all I did was make things more confusing!

So they are both good, just different. Did that help? I feel like all I did was make things more confusing!

You did not make things more confusing. You confirmed to me that they were both good choices.
I have ASC2 but do not use it often because I have a hard time learning to steps. I figured that maybe, if I had ASC, beside giving me a good workout, it would help for ASC2. I hear so much good comments about Amy Bento (the fun factore you're refering to)
As for KCM, I had heard about her cuing and that is one of the reasons I was hesitating.
I still don't know which one I will choose but either was, I think I will be a good choice.
Nathalie

Amy Bento's step is the best. Tough, fun, motivating. ASC is a first offering from her so the production values aren't as good as they are in ASC2 & 3. Still, a great one though!

I like a lot of KCM's stuff, but not all of it. For some reason Ready, Step, Go didn't click with me and I traded it. It has been so long that I don't remember why.

I like everything Amy has put out withe the exception of Rumble and her 10 Min. Solution workouts.

ASC isn't long enough - I loved it - really enjoyed the choreography but didn't like that it felt like half of a good workout.

I love and continue to love ASC II but I agree - you need to commit to learning it - once down it is a total blast. I love it so much I am want ASC III.

I have one Kelly Coffee Meyer workout - can't remember which one now but it isn't the one you mentioned. It was enough to convince me I didn't want anything else she had. It wasn't bad - but it wasn't tough enough or interesting enough.

Hope you make the right choice!!!!

Nathalie: I think Amy's hi/lo are easier to learn than her step. Her step takes a fair amount of previewing and practice- it's worth it, but it can be frustrating. Kelly is definitely easier in the choreography department and I think her cuing is OK once you get used to her and do the workout once or twice.

Another question: Is the KCM workout I'm thinking of buying as high intensity as Cathe's? To which of Cathe's workouts would you compare it ? Or KCM workouts in general if you don't know this particular one?
Thanks
Nathalie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.