American Idol

Boybert

Cathlete
Hey Idol watchers. I thought I'd do a new thread. Did anyone watch last night? I watched an hour worth and it got pretty painful. Melinda was fab as usual, though I didn't care for the song. Brandon can do better. He needs to step it up b/c he's starting to hang by a thread. I didn't like Chris Sligh's arrangement, though he has a good voice.

Dear AI gods, please put Haley & Sanjaya (aka Shirley Temple) out of their misery. Pweeeeeeeese. They are cute as buttons, but I'm not going to be staring at you when I'm bopping down the highway. Thank you.

Debbie

I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three.
--Elayne Boosler

This is funny, I only watched the first hour also. I couldn't take anymore after that poor Michael Jackson impersonator...

I just love Melinda, though. She is just in a different class than the rest of the pack, imo.

Oh, this is the worst season, by far. I can't bring myself to watch the guys at all, much less sit through them for the entire 2 hours to watch the few girls that I do like.

If you didn't watch till the end then you missed Jordan. She killed it. She was great. Last night was pretty ho-hum.
How many people get cut pre week now?
I don't know about previous seasons because this is my first year watching, so I am not disappointed yet.
LD

I am with you LD. Jordan was awesome!! I am not enjoying this year as much as previous years. None of the guys stand out too much to me and why in the world did 2 of them try and change the beats (or arrangement) of the songs??? I think they cut 2 a week....correct me if I am wrong...:)

I was watching up until last week. I'm just not interested this year at all. There is not one person that I want to vote for. Granted that there are a couple of the girls that are good, just not my style of music. So, I stopped watching.
I wonder if the ratings have dropped? I also wonder if they'll do another season with the way this one is turning out?
Just some thoughts that I have.

Kathy

LD,

From here on out they only cut 1 per week. The season lasts for 12 more weeks. I really hope they get rid of Sanjaya. He has absoubtley no stage presence and his singing just sucks. You can hardly hear him!!Anyway, my vote is for Melinda and Jordan. They were awesome.

Carolyn

Well, I don't see how some of these people ever made it to the top 12. For the guys, I do think Chris has a great voice... and I enjoyed the bald guy's song last night, but they don't blow me away. For the gals, Lakeisha has an awesome voice... I can see her on Broadway... and Melinda, too. I also like Gina cuz she's a little punkish and very likable IMO.

What is the deal with Sanjaya and his hair? I mean, is he going to have a different doo every week? What's next? Highlights?

I actually thought Sanjaya did better last night than previously--he came out of his shell a bit---but he's still not up to par with the rest.

When Haley was singing (better than she did last week, but still) I couldn't help but think that a better singer (whose name I can't remember) got booted off last week, and I wished she had been there instead.

I was thinking of the 'speaking of annoying co-workers' thread when Diana Ross said, TWICE, "pronunciate"! ("You have to pronunciate the words clearly"!)

>Is it me, or is Idol extremely BORING this year.

I agree completely!
Pretty much a snooze fest, with the exception of a couple of singers, and even they don't sing songs that really get me interested.

>I actually thought Sanjaya did better last night than
>previously--he came out of his shell a bit---but he's still
>not up to par with the rest.

It would be interesting if he stayed and kept improving (at least that would add something to the show).
>
>When Haley was singing (better than she did last week, but
>still) I couldn't help but think that a better singer (whose
>name I can't remember) got booted off last week, and I wished
>she had been there instead.
>
>I was thinking of the 'speaking of annoying co-workers' thread
>when Diana Ross said, TWICE, "pronunciate"! ("You have to
>pronunciate the words clearly"!)

>
>I was thinking of the 'speaking of annoying co-workers' thread
>when Diana Ross said, TWICE, "pronunciate"! ("You have to
>pronunciate the words clearly"!)

I was watching it with my mom and see noticed this too. So, "pronunciate" is not even a word? Is that right? My mom was correcting her, saying it's "pronounciate!" LOL!

Anyways, It is boring this season. Lakisha or Melinda or Jordin should be in the top 3.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

I don't usually watch this show, but I caught part of it last night with DH.

I had to laugh at the critique Paula gave to the girl who sang "Love Child". She said the song is "feel-good" and "makes you want to get up and dance", and her version didn't convey that. Really? A song about unwanted teenage pregnancy makes you feel good and want to dance?!?

Lori

Yeah, it's pretty snoozy this season. Dang, I missed Jordan. Well, I was happy to watch Melinda anyway. I really wish they would cut down some of that commerical time. UGH!

I really think this contest becomes a popularity contest or people think the good ones don't need as many votes. I guess that does make for some interesting TV. It doesn't help to call yourself a "shmuck" on national TV though...I hadn't even realized she missed some words b/c I was distracted. lol.

Debbie

I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three.
--Elayne Boosler

>Dear AI gods, please put Haley & Sanjaya (aka Shirley Temple)
>out of their misery.

Debbie - I was thinking "Please AI gods send them home and put US out of our misery." :p I can't stand Sanjaya and his crinkly nose smile. Ugh!

This season does seem boring. I don't feel like I HAVE to watch like I did before. Anyhow, Jordan, Lakeisha, and Melinda are my favorites.

I think its been a bit boring too. Although every week my husband and I try to guess get what kind of pharmaceutical Paula is on!!! Don't get me wrong, I like Paula, but she's kind of a train wreck. I can't believe she started sobbing after Melinda sang. ( DH said it must be a barbituate.)

I do like Blake, the Beat Boxer ( sp?) though. I am always curious to see what he is going to do.

Lynn M.

I watched about 30 mins of the show and decided I couldn't endure anymore.... it was awful!!! That's the last time I'll be watching.
And what about Diana Ross and her"pronunciate".... I hope someone has told her that the word is either "pronounce" or "enunciate".

I fell asleep super early, so I didn't watch the show, but caught up on the results. I think I understand why Brandon got booted - he's just forgettable. Sure, he sings much better than Sanjaya, but there is no oomph about him. Sanjaya has this energy, even though the poor boy can't sing a lick. Though think of this folks, if S makes it through one more week, off to the tour he'll be going. I don't think I love his energy THAT much. I think it really is coming down to that stage presence & personality(and I mean the other league besides Melinda, Lakisha, etc).

Debbie

--Elayne Boosler

Well, at least Sanjaya was in the bottom 3 this week instead of the top 4. Maybe he's losing his edge. I liked Brandon but I'm not surprised he was booted after forgetting his words and I agree, not enough oomph. My top five are Melinda, Lakisha, Jordin, Chris Sligh and Chris Robertson.

Marcy

I thought it would be Brandon. He has had too many bad performances. Well not that Sanjaya ever has a good performance but it is fun to see which song he's gonna mess up next! He doesn't seem to mind. He's still got that goofy smile on his face. Plus someone out there likes him.
LD

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.