American Idol

sarab

Cathlete
Okay....what did you all think? I was bored with the show last night and forwarded (tivo) through most of the performances, but listened to the judges opinions. Overall, I liked Chris (naturally) and Paris. I did not like "kiss" from Paris, but I loved the Mary J Blige song. She did awesome with that. I can't decide who may be going home. It is hard to tell...either Elliott or Paris.

Sara
http://www.picturetrail.com/saraburnham1

Let's see, I don't listen to billboard charts radio, so don't know some of the second songs sang(well most of them), I listen to CD's mostly.

Elliott - first song, OK, had some pitch problems, I really liked the second song a lot, but DH said he has heard the song many times, and that Elliott did not do it well.

Whose next?

Paris - I liked Kiss, probably the only person in the nation who did, :), and I liked the second song too, again, never heard it before, but the blanking out of words was distracting, and so were her pants.

Chris - well I love rock and roll, I love Styx, and told a co-worker Chris needed to do Styx, and even though I thought his voice sounded very tired on both songs, I just love a rocker and love watching him(OK, so it is old lady lust, what can I say).

Kat - first song was a disaster, second song was really good, odd on the knees, but she really sang well. Again, I have never heard it before.

Taylor - OK, I confess, I got up and danced with him, so had to rewind and watch it for real. It was fun, awful, but really fun, and it made me laugh. Second song, I love the Beatles, and hearing it with a bit of a Southern twang at first did not work for me. The second time I watched it, it was OK, he does have a nice voice.

The rocker in me voted for Chris, the Mom in me voted for the elf Elliott.

Bottom two, Taylor and Paris, going home Paris.

Now I have to go listen to Styx, and Pat Benetar and drive to work!

I liked Catherine's second song, but I was waiting for her to GET OFF HER KNEES. Very odd, IMO. I'm surprised Simon didn't comment negatively on it.

I think maybe Elliot and Paris (or Taylor) will be in the bottom 2.

I like Elliot, but he really needs some dental work done to get rid of that mushy 's' pronunciation.

I'm wondering if it's really a good idea for Chris to win? He might have a little more say in his material and more control over his career if he comes in second or third. Though I've also heard that the top 12 are all obligated to sign a contract with some record producer (which doesn't jibe with some guest judges saying they would sign them, etc.)

Right now, I think everyone who is left will have a career in music. And those who come in 2nd or 3rd might actually do better than the winner. It seems to me like the only number 1 finisher who is doing better than the runners up is Kelly Clarkson (it's too soon to tell for last year's winner).

Taylor - the funky white guy!!!!! That was SUCH a fun song, perfect for him. He's got the entertainment factor sewn up, and as Simon said, he CAN sing!

Kathryn did well, and I still have to love Elliot. Paris - bye, bye.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain ;-)

I thought they all could have done better with it getting down to the wire, but maybe the stress and exhaustion is getting to them. I agree with the rest of you about Catherine- the whole knee thing was just odd and I just can't shake the feeling that she is a little stuck up.
There is just something I love about Elliot, he seems so humble and unaffected by everything and I love his voice.
I loved Paris at first as well but as time goes on I wonder if maybe she's a little to young right now???
I agree the bottom will probably be Paris, Elliot or Taylor.
Think the top two will be Chris and Catherine.

I don't even know who I am rooting for anymore. I feel like Elliot is the underdog so I naturally want him to stay longer, though I know he won't win. I think the next couple of weeks are just going to be waiting for Elliot and Paris to be kicked, then the real competition starts. Not that I don't like those two, but America doesn't seem to.

I thought Elliot's second song was much better than the first.

I liked Taylor's Beatles song. The first song was fun, but I couldn't really hear his voice.

I didn't like Paris doing Prince, but I liked the second song.

Kathrine did not do it for me last night. I don't like how it seems like she thinks she is a professional singer already and chooses songs too hard for her. I didn't like the performance on the the knees, but DH that is was okay.

Chris's voice seems not to be strong enough to handle the Shine Down song. That was a hard song to do.

I had a hard time laszt night just voting for Chris. He's my #1 pick every week. But last night I wanted to vote for Taylor too. I loved his performances. His first song was so entertaining I started to sing along and bounce around in my seat. I love his second pick too, I'm a Beatles fan, but not die hard. That probably the reason why I liked it.
Chris needs to give his voice a rest for a few days if he can. He's got such an awesome voice, I would hate to see him have to drop out because he lost it in the last couple of weeks.
I still think Chris should win, but I I did like Taylor last night too. Kat, he rsecond song was a good one, but the first one was so bad, I was winsing through the whole thing. Paris, Bye, bye.

Kathy

I like them all at this point and I can see how the fatigue is setting in for them. I think Paris will go tonight or possibly Elliot. :-( We LOVE Taylor although we think Chris or Kathryn will take it all. (Did not like her on her knees last nite either and was very surprised Simon didn't comment!) Does anyone plan to go see the final 12 on tour? That would be a fun nite out!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I think all at this point are good but for different reasons so it is tough.

I worry about Chris' voice and wonder if he could handle a heavy concert schedule.

Does anyone know the name and artist for the 2nd song Katherine sang?

I don't know who will be going home tonight. Each has their strengths and a different style.

Hi all. I voted for Taylor last night. He won me over with "Something." Very strange Catherine stayed on her knees. I kept waiting for her to get up. I loved the song .Chris's first song was awesome. I enjoyed both of Paris' performances. Everyone of them is so incredibly talented. I can't imagine the pressure!

>Hey Marie!! The name of the song is "Black Horse and the
>Cherry Tree" by K T Tunstall.
>
>Donna

Thanks. I would have never guessed that.

I am so confused as who to go home. I really like Elliott and Taylor and of course Chris. I think that Paris is incredibly talented and versatile, but I don't want her to win. Katherine to me isn't consistently good. I am hoping that Paris or Katherine go home. It is really getting interesting. I think that they are all really talented. I love Taylors energy, but I don't think he will win. Elliott has a beautiful voice,but maybe not the confidence to make it all the way. I think that Chris looks the most comfortable on stage. Anyway, I am really looking forward to tonight to see who goes. I love that they sang 2 songs each.

Susan

I can't even remember how Cathrine sang, I just kept waiting...and waiting.... and waiting for her to get up off the dang floor. What's up with that? It was catchy for a sec, but then it got annoying as he!!. I'm also surprised Simon didn't say something.

I think Paris and Cathrine can sing very well, they are just to boring for me, especially Cathrine.

Taylor definitely has the most personality, even if he's nuts (in a fun way). LOL!

I think Chris will win, but like Kathryn said, he'd probably be more successful with more freedom to be himself if he didn't win.

Maybe Elliot should win, just for the sake that he is the underdog (I don't know why I say he's an underdog, just seems like he is :)), and he won't be as successful as Taylor or Chris if they don't win. IMO. Although he sings just as well.

I like Chris, Elliot and Taylor. I think they should be in the top 3.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.