Ambivalent about holidays becauses it messes up your workout schedule?

tralaiven

Cathlete
I am sorry to be this way about holidays ...but it means family get-togethers (which I love) but I also hate that my workout schedule is totally messed up!!!

Ok, I feel totally self-centered and selfish...but this week has been so crazy busy....with holiday stuff....last nite: Maundy Thursday service, today: traveling 3 hours away after work to be with family. Tomorrow with family all day...
Wednesdays has to be a day off because I am going from 5 in the morning until 9:30 at nite! I haven't worked out now since Tuesday!!!! ARGHHHH.

I love getting together with family and everything that the holidays stand for, but I need my workouts!! There are just not enough hours in the day sometimes.

Done venting...I have to go pack and hop in the car...

I can totally relate, family lives close by but it's my husband that puts a major kink into my exercising. I love the man dearly BUT just his being home is hard on me because he takes me out of my routine. He'll go in the basement and do his 3-4 hours of exercising - no exageration or lie, he does do 3-4 hours and I do my stuff upstairs but I feel rushed.

...Cheryl

Yes! I am just now taking a wee break from cleaning my house. I always get stuck hosting the holidays and I think tomorrow I am going to tell everyone this is it for a while.

When I done cleaning, I have to start cooking/baking. Again, there are never any offers of helping out/bringing food and requests from me are met with 1, 001 excuses of why they can't bring something. "I'm too busy to cook." "I'm too broke to buy a pie."

Because I am trying to get everything done, my eating isn't the best. I pick on what ever is the fridge. I am determined to do something today, but it will be something brief. I like my weekend workouts a little longer than usual, though.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.