Am I the only sweathog?

LaurenDoon

I sometimes try to look like Cathe and the girls and don't wear my sweatband but it just doesn't work.
Does anybody else use one, or is it just me locked in the 80s?

Lauren

No sweatband here, but your post made me think of the show Welcome Back Kotter with the Sweathogs. I even had a t-shirt with Arnold Horseshack with his hand raised yelling "Oooo, Oooo, Oooo" Yes, I'm sad, lol.

Stacy

No you are not the only sweathog. I am too. Don't feel bad about it. Consider it assisting your body in getting rid of toxins. I am an instructor and am the worst sweathog in the room usually unless I am teaching a spinning class and a couple of the men take the class then I have some competition. I also like wearing the sweatband to keep the sweat out of my eyes. I have even made my own sweatbands from tee shirts I don't want to wear. I think if we added the tights, leotards, and leg warmers - then we would have some issues about the 80's.
Sheila

I just wanna know how to workout and still look cute afterwards? Okay, not even cute, maybe just normal! Not only do I sweat like a horse, but even IF I put my hair in a ponytail, strands around my head escape it during the workout and by the end, I look like I've been dragged behind a car traveling at mock speed, hair going every which way, sweat spots all over my top and shorts, and my face turns colors I've never seen Cathe's or ANY of the crew's turn! They always still look normal at the end of the workout, I look like he@@! What IS the secret? This is why I refuse to workout in public~I am NOT a pretty site!

Donna
Fitness~ It's a journey, not a race!

I get red as a beet, and I've had people ask me if I'm OK. I also SWEAT - not glow, I sweat. And I wear a headband so the perspiration doesn't blind me.

I have the same problem so I guess I cannot help with advice. I always end up looking like soaked laundry but it is not so bad if I actually put my hair up. We are just really serious about our workouts and give it our all. I sweat my teeshirts totally (not a dry spot anywhere I can see). The only secret I can figure out is that they don't have sweat glands like ours. I work out in public because I usually lead the class or they already know I am an instructor when I take a class but I spent many a year at home working out to Cathe. She helped me lose about 60 pounds which is worth looking like a sweathog IMO.
Sorry I cannot help.
Sheila

Lauren,

You're not the only one! I wear 2 bandana's folded into a 2 inch strip tied around my forehead. After a good workout The bandana's are usually so soaked I can ring out about 1/4 cup of sweat! EEEEWWWW!

I go back farther than the 80's look--I usually look like Tonto, (from the 50's show The Lone Ranger) because I also wear my dark hair in 2 braids (I don't like it sticking to my wet neck and face!)

Donna, I've given up the idea of looking cute afterwards, and just hope people ignor my "I laughed so hard I peed my pants" look.

So who cares I say and keep sweating Kemo-sabe!

Nadine http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/tiere/tiere019.gif

Not to worry, Lauren, I HAVE to use a sweatband, too! I tried going without one once and the sweat was mixing with my mascara (which I should have taken off BEFORE working out!!) stinging my eyes! OUCH!

Donna, you are too funny girl! ROFL!!

And p.s., do I ever hear you about the hair. I am famous among my friends for the amount that my head sweats, even if we're just out walking on a pretty day and it's breezy. By the end of a Cathe workout I might as well have been swimming. Even if my hair's pulled back in a ponytail, my whole head TAIL AND ALL will be drenched. It's just mind-boggling.

I marvel at how the girls in Cathe's crew, and Cathe too, of course, look after a workout. Geez, they're just grinning away and looking OH so fresh after IMAX2! And those film sets have got to be 100 degrees. I've always comforted myself by saying "Well, when they're filming I'm sure they stop to mop up between segments." But then I saw that gorgeous picture of Cathe and Francine that was posted a couple of days ago (Cathe in the "Cathe.com" tank top) and was taken moments after a class. My gosh the woman's amazing!!!

http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/sport/sport003.gif Kathy S.

Does anyone know a convenient place to get a sweatband? I'm thinking of a terry cloth, stretchy one. My sweat blinds me and I know a sweatband would make me more comfortable.

As it is, I mop several times with a hand towel during the workout. Thanks in advance for store/internet buying info,

Connie

Connie, you're in southern Cal aren't you? I get bands for DH at Sports Chalet. Actually any sports store that caters to racquet sports seems to carry them.

Debra

Lauren,
I ALWAYS have a towel to keep the sweat out of my eyes and from pooling on the floor or my step! Cathe and crew always amaze me. We work out in my basement and it's about a constant 60 degrees and I still sweat! We always laugh about making our own video. It could only be for comic relief...mismatched gym clothes, sweat flyin' everywhere, hair piled high on top of your head in weird configurations, not to mention the dog licking your face while doing any floor work...definately not a pretty bunch! But hey, we clean up pretty good!
Amy

Ha Amy!

That is too funny! I need to share a bit about my daughter. She also pulls her hair up into "weird configurations" and the other day my granddaughter (20 months old) looked up at her and pointed at her head and said, "REINDEER!!!" LOL! My daughter cleans up good too!:7

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I don't wear a sweat band but my towel isn't far away.Yesterday I went for a run and it was pretty cold.I was constantly using my mittens...but that was for a runny nose....gross,gross,grossy.Can't have a pretty girl running down the road with a snotty nose now can we?;-)
LOri

When I lift heavy, you can bet I'm wearing my sweatband. Rather be out of style than blind w/a large barbell over my head.

:)

This was so much fun to read! I am new to the forum though not to working out and I too, sweat like a hog. As for looking good after a workout; forget it. I figure I should have enough self-confidence from all this working out and being in shape that I don't have to impress anyone with my good looks. That's what I tell myself, anyway!
Frankie

I'm another member of the beet-red faced sweathog group. I ALWAYS wear a sweat band and I sweat all over. Sometimes my hair gets so wet and salty that my eyes burn when the beads of sweat spray off. Ouch!! When I kickbox, I can spray a stream nearly across the room--both off my head and my arms. As soon as I start moving, out pops the beads, which turn into streams, which turn into raging rivers of sweat. I've known people who never seem to sweat, but I've never been lucky enough to count myself among them. Sweathogs unite!

No way, you are in great company!!!

I have had to give up working out in those cute flare leg bottoms Cathe wears, it's shorts and tank only for me now, even in Winter because I get too darn hot. I'm hot within minutes of starting the warm up, I turn the heating off and open the doors even in February in Michigan to cool me off!!

The rest of the family put their coats on indoors and I'm peeling clothes off!

I sweat so much that when I am cooling down and stretching, the sweat runs down my forehead, down my legs and drips on the floor. Gross and kinda cool too, in a Cathe-geek kind of way!!!!!! And yes, I keep a towel handy and towel off in between each exercise.

Welcome to the beet-faced, sweat-hog forums!!!!!!!

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.