Am I killing my "diet" with drinking coffee mate every day?

JulieL

Cathlete
I get the coffee mate made with Splenda. For some reason I can only get it in the smaller size than the large size but that's getting off topic. The serving says 15 calories w/ 1gram sugar for one teaspoon. So I probably put in four or five teaspoons in, and I try to only do this once a day. Sooo I'm consuming lets say 60 calories with 6 grams of sugar making that a smidge over a teaspoon of sugar. I've tried black, powder creamer, organic, soy (I'm allergic to it), organic hazelnut milk from Wholefoods, and now I'm back to Coffee Mate. I am trying to cut down calories but I don't think this is to bad of a daily cheat... or is it, any thoughts?

RE: Am I killing my

would you be better off (and less calories) putting in a splash of skim/2% milk?

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

I use 1 tbsp of flavored creamer every day in my morning cup of coffee. It hasn't hurt my results at all.

If you find you are stalling or not making progress, you could try eliminating it and seeing what happens.

Colleen

I think that's fine! I only use whole cream and it hasn't hurt my weightloss at all.

Another option that I've gotten addicted to: skim milk with extra protein in it. The brand I use is Skim Plus, but there's others. It really works--I hate coffee or tea that has watery skim milk in it, but this stuff isn't like that at all.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.