Alwyn, TT, Kettlebeller's & Tony- Saturday chit-chat

sunnydelite

Cathlete
Hello fellow groupies!!

today i am cheating on Alwyn again ( i know i am so bad;-) ) this time with sean (yum). i am going to do one of my new downloads vol. 7 on the treadmill. wish i could go outside however it is already in the high 70's. today is supposed to reach near 100 degrees...good grief.

wendy- i know it's a no-no. however i use my wl gloves because i can't stand blisters on my hand. there are recommendations to use chalk. let me know when tony's new workouts are up for sale. you know i will be purchasing from you.

I am really hoping i get my strikezone dvd from Tracey S. today!!!

BBL....:)

Good Morning Chickadees!:7

Sunny: Chalk?? What kind of chalk? Enjoy Sean today. I recently downloaded 3 CC work outs. I did 1 once and then started AfterBurn and haven't even looked at them since. LOL Once I get my TM issues resolved I will have to re-visit them OR when I get a chance to do an outdoor run. I pre-ordered Tracey's strike zone. Are they shipping now? Tony's one on one are supposed to be released at the beginning of July. Just a heads up since you are planning on ordering: Make sure you click on my coaching page link and log in there to order b/c if you go through the main Beach Body site I won't get the sale.

Today's work out is HIIT and I am attaching a regular run to it as well to work on my TM issues so I'll probably do a 45 min work out in total today.

Okay so I suggest we coin a new phrase:

KETTLEBELL LEGS :7 }( :7 ;)

Yup, you guessed it! After y'day's work out I have the same type of leg doms I had last weekend. It's not as fierce as it was but it's still early...give it time!:p

Gotta go for now but I'll be back!:)

Good Morning girls!

I slept in today, woohoo! Wow, what a difference a good night's sleep makes.

So cardio is on tap today, 45 minutes worth of 1/2 HIIT and 1/2 SS. Then tomorrow I'm running a 6k with a girlfiend. She and I got into doing races last year and had some fun, so this is the first for us this year, and I fear that endurance wise I am in NO shape to be doing this race. Pair that with the fact that it's supposed to be 94 degrees and humid tomorrow, I'm not looking forward to a good performance. However, the race is for a good cause, so if nothing else comes out of it, I've at least supported my local firefighters.

Sunny, you cracked me up with cheating on Alwyn with Sean. ITA :9 Something about that man's voice...

Wendy, how heavy is your kettlebell, and do you have different weights? And I know I shouldn't even ask this....but where did you get them? }(

After my workout I'm heading out for the day. I've got plans to spend the day (and night) in Portsmouth, NH where there's some great shopping and excellent night life. The kids are with their dad for the weekend, so the BF and I are taking advantage of a brief little romantic getaway. :7 It's gonna be a blast.

Hello to all who follow, and enjoy your day today, everyone!

TTYS~

Jen

Hello ladies!

I am wrapping up my first week of NROL today. I am liking the total body circuits. Next weeks workouts drop down in reps and rests between sets :eek: :eek:

Wendy ~ Kettlebells really work the legs. Have you tried AOS Providence? I like that workout a lot. I also have the Goddess workout, but I really didn't care for that one too much, although it does have a nice tutorial in it.

Jen ~ Enjoy your weekend.

Sunny ~ Coach Sean :D :D :D if you are going to cheat, well you picked right :D

Kettlebell legs...........Hell, I have Alwyn WSFL legs!! My legs have been soooooooo stiff!

Today is my WSFL Recovery Day.......so I did cardio with my HR in the 50-60% range that he recommends..........Yikes....I don't even feel like that was cardio dude!!

I did Mindy's new Gliding 15" the DAnce portion followed by Denise Austin's Indoor Walk. Cardio was 60" with 10" stretch at the end (Denise ...laugh if you will....is particularly good for these great 10 min. stretches at the end of her cardio. I burned 330 calories. At 50-60% of max, my HR was only at 95-110 on my monitor and I did go slightly over from time to time. But...geez...that hardly feels like cardio. I guess I shouldn't have that piece of chocolate I wanted at the movies later!

I also did Living Room Yoga - Twist and Bend. YOY, am I freakin stiff! I can't believe it. Alwyn's program must be killing my lower body with all that heavy weight. I also could't muster the energy to do the sun salutations! I'm such a wimp these days. Hope I have more energy tomorrow.

Speaking of food....these ladies at work are the WORST to be around. The one part-timer, brings in goodies every time she comes to work. Yesterday, she brought me a brownie (so much for cleaning up my diet) and a couple other days cookies! I've been eating them too! I'm so bad! I'm not really sure where my weight is right now...as I'm super bloated. I had to take pain meds that bloat the heck out of me for a week when we got home from Vegas...as the long trip killed my injury. I won't know my true weight until the meds get out of my system and the water retention goes down. It should take about 7 days (from past experience). So I'm not sure how much I gained on vacation.

Have great days everyone. Off to eat my breakfast and then get my bath with my Lushie bath bomb.

Just a drive by before I start my day.

Sounds like you are all getting in some great workouts, Alywyn or not !}(

Love the Kettlebell legs Wendy - you really must stop with the KB's before I get too curious.:p

Lora, agree about the 50 - 60 %. That would seem like a slow dog walk to me, but if it is a "rest type of day" then I guess it is still keeping you moving and giving your body a chance to heal from the heavy weight work.

Jen I hope you have an absolutely wonderful time away this weekend.

Tammy - way to go on the first stage. I just finished too and am taking a two week break to do something different.

Muscle Max for me today - then loads of chores and errands to try to finish up some projects around the house.

We are finally going to hit the 80's today - can you believe it is June and California has hardly been over the 70's - at least here in the north.

Woo hoo, maybe summer is arriving finally. The cooler weather has helped the veggies get a good start and begin plant growth before the hot sun dehydrates them so it isn't all bad.
:9

Hi Gals!

Just finished my workout for the day. Another 9 miler, thought about doing legs as well but DS is here and I learned yesterday that it isn't a good idea to take him into the weight room with me. So Im just gonna call it a day, although I would like to get abs in there.

Not sure if I reported yesterdays workout but it was the GS UB and BM1, seg 1...then a small walk. I think I told you guys that yesterday. Surprisingly I don't have much DOMS from yesterdays workout. The GS always leave me sore...prehaps I am in better shape then I think;)

I did read everyones post but no time for personnals. I have to get into the shower and get ready for work again!

Lori:)

RE: Alwyn, TT, Kettlebeller's & Tony- Saturday chit-cha...

Hi Friends-

No Alwyn today either. yesterday was enough with stage 3A and the lovely BWMx2 + 30" EXT.

This morning was golf. We started at 7:30 to beat the heat. By the 16th hole I was in trouble with my swing. I am not used to hot weather golf yet. Then at home DS & I did 2 hours worth of edging the landscape beds and spreading mulch. That was enough in 92 degree temps for one day. So technically this was a rest day, but not a lazy one.

Wendy- how did it go with the TM today?

Sunny- I saw the mention of buy 2 get one 1 free on the OD forum and thought of getting the 3 you mentioned. But I am being good with finances for now. We have 7 graduation parties to go to. We will give all of the new grads nice cash gifts. So I will have to wait on CC.

BTW the one KB workout I did gave me leg/ booty DOMS that were memorable too.

Lori- Did you say GS legs? I don't get DOMS from that workout either. Nor does L&G giv eme DOMS but it is hard for me to get through it at the time.

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

Hey folks.

Will be back for personals a bit later but wanted to report this morning's work out:

HIIT on TM:

W/U: 5 mins
High: 6% incline @ 5.5
Low: flat @ 4.0
High: 7% incline @ 5.5
High: 8% incline @ 5.5
C/D: 5 mins

and then:

15 min run starting at 5.0 and slowly picking up speed to 6.1 for 1.46 miles total.

It was a much better TM day then the last time. I'm just doing the best that I can. I will continue to work on it until I am back to normal. I refuse to give up!}(

BBS for personals!:)

wendy- the type of chalk powerlifters use to keep their hands from getting sweaty so they are able to keep a grip on heavier weights. good job with the TM today!! you should be getting your SZ workout any day now.

jen- enjoy your romantic getaway, how fun!! hope you get alot of good purchases.

judy- you are doing great with nrolw. i read at jp..this girl is doing nrolw and she is now able to do 235# dl's !! she is so tiny. 7 graduation parties...WOW!!

tammy- 'nuff said, lol!

i got strike zone in today so of course i am anxious to give it a whirl but i will hold off til sometime next week.

have a good evening ladies!

Sunny: Thanks re the chalk! I got SZ today too! I need to preview it. :)

wendy- kewl! did you preorder any of amy b's new ones? i got rumble}(

NO Rumble for me Sunny! Go read my last 2 posts on the Cheetah thread and you'll see why! :eek: }( :eek: :p

Jen: My kettlebell is 15# and I bought it at Target. I only have one. Too expensive to buy multiples at one time. I may actually just keep it to a single bell and just increase in weight if/when I feel I need to.

wendy- i can see why you are not in a hurry to purchase any new vids. however are you planning on getting tony's lastest and greatest?}(

Sunny: YES I plan to order the new vids asap! I will not be passing up going One on One with Tony. That's for sure!}( :9 }( :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.