Alwyn, TT, Kettlebellers, etc Mon 7-14

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

Can't believe it's Monday already...ugh. This morning I did Volume One of my new Dove workout. Wasn't sure if that was a good choice since I'm taking a rest day Wednesday due to me going to that Seether concert tomorrow night. It was a fast/high rep workout similar to Slim Series or Karen Voight's Great Weighted Workout with some Tae Bo like leg work thrown in. Workout was 70" and I burned 460 calories. I followed the low impact modifiers during the jump rope segments since I'm "babying" my foot that feels like it's getting a stress fracture. Felt like a wimp! I also flared my shoulder pain up doing either incline or decline pushups...should have modified.

I'm trying to give up my "dried cranberry addiction". I love them with my Shredded Wheats....but since I can't find any unsweetened dried fruit (except online....and it's expensive and still high in sugar), I bought Kashi Autumn Harvest Shredded Wheats to try. They are surprsingly good and only have 7 grams of sugar and 0 sodium. They are whole wheat also. I Love Kashi products! They are the best. I did order a few packs of unsweetened dried cranberries from online to eat with my plain shredded wheats that I have left. I hope I can wean off of them! I'm a sad case, huh?

Have great workouts everyone.

Good Morning All.

No time for personals this morning but I'll get to them later on for sure!:)

I have some total body DOMS ragin' right now. Keith Weber is a freakin' ANIMAL!}( :+

Today's work out will be cardio only. The bod needs a break. LOL I would love to run but it can't happen between work this morning and bowling tonight so I'll see what dvd jumps off the shelf at me this afternoon.

BB in a few hours. :)

Good Morning Gals!:)

Im thinking we are almost half way there...to DH's trip being over! LOL This week will probably fly by now that I am back to work tonight and tomorrow night. Doesn't leave a whole lot of room for whining:) I was really lonely last night though, not sure why it had to be last night....anyways....

Im not sure what todays workout will be. Yesterday I did about a 12-13 kms run. I cut it a little shorter then Sats run. Its not suppose to rain today but it looks like it might. We will probably end up going for a run, if thats the case, I am going to try to get 4DSUB in before we go.

Im going to catch up on yesterdays thread and I will be back with personnals.

Lori:)

Mornin' everyone!

Quick check in before I hop in the car to go to work. Today was the first day of Stage 2, and as always, Alwyn was a sadist. The workout left me wiped. Yesterday I had a good diet day, first one in several days. So today will be day 2 of following the WSFL way of eating. This month will be an experiment of combining the two.

Okay, off to work...will BBL!

Jen

Lora** Hope you have a good day at work today! Hopefully everyone will be in a good mood. Probably unlikely considering that its Monday! LOL Who likes mondays anyway? Im still checking in even though I am not following P90X right now. I like this group. It is just the right size:)

Wendy** Sounds like you and DH had a great time Sat night. I like nights like those as well. Its been a little while since we did that. Im willing to bet that he is homesick! LOL We can't communicate at all so we won't be talking until he is on his way home on Fri.
I think you and I are about the same height, and probably the same size. You might just think you are bigger, when really you aren't! Im not quit 5'4" but I say that I am;)

Jacque** I have never ran a HM so a FM would be quit the attempt....its a bummer to know that I probably wouldn't make it though. My knees would not let me! I don't have pain in my knee like a did before I got pregnant, its more of a weak feeling. I can handle that when I am running for exercise but there is no way I could train for a marathon. Hope your hip is feeling better!

Jen** I can't imagine him not having a afternoon nap but I think the day is soon comming. He is just so full of energy.It was 10 last night before he settled down and this was after being up at 7:30,only napping 90 mins and spending the WHOLE afternoon outside in the fresh air. Around 6ish he seemed to be getting tired but then he got his second wind and magically he wasn't tired anymore x(

I will bbl to report my workout!

Good morning ladies !

I started my Fitness Freaks Summer Rotation over today since last week just didn't work. Today was 4DS UB premix. Had to shorten a bit since I was slow getting around.

Lora - I don't want it to be Monday either.x( Hope the week goes by fast. Good to hear you are taking it easy with your foot and sorry to hear about your shoulder. Don't feel like a wimp because if you don't ease up when you need to then you won't be working out at all. You do a bang up job of exercise so you need to listen to your body. I'm a Kashi fan too - usually get Go Lean since it's at Costco and most affordable that way. I wonder how hard it would be to dry cranberries? I have a dehydrator but have never tried drying them.

Wendy - will be waiting to hear which cardio you chose today. Hope the day goes well for you. I'm assuming Keith Weber does KB DVD's?
And DOMS again? Do you just walk around with DOMS daily lady?:+

Lori - I'm sure the days will fly since you will be working. Funny how the little ones get a new burst of energy when they seem like they're ready to crash, huh? I have always thought it would be so wonderful to figure out how to can their energy and sell it !

Jen - Sounds like Alwyn is at it again ! Good job on the eating - so you're doing a combo of his AB and WSFL eating plans?

BBL to see what y'all are up to.

Hi Girls.

Well work was nuts today. Horror show! Lots of kids and lots of criers! ACK! x( I was thankful when it ended but I have to go back and do it all again tmrw. :eek:

I plan on doing a cardio mish mosh of HSTA, HSC and KM cardios but FIRST, I need a nap!;)

BBIAB!:)

Wendy** Sounds like the biggest baby of all needs her nap;-) I love naps. Hard to do in the summer time though, but love taking them in the winter monthes! Eck....winter:+

Jacque** Good job with the workout today. I kinda get a burst of energy a couple of hours before bed as well. Around 8ish I am so lazy but then at 11, I still might have my eyes open. Prehaps he gets it from his mama?:)

Ive had a very eventful day at its almost 4 o'clock. Before ya know it I will be heading out of the house for work:) Thank goodness! I did the rest of my housework, then DS and I went for our run, ate lunch in my sweaty clothes, and then did UB. It won't be long now and it will be time to get dinner ready. I think I am going to hang out on the patio with DS for a little while before I start making dinner.

I will bb tonight when I get to work!

Wendy - LOL about you needing a nap !:eek: I remember when I worked as a preschool teacher's assistant for 3 & 4 yr olds. It was fine when they were in good moods, but that didn't always last. Have a good workout after your energizing nap.

Lori - I used to get additional energy when I worked out after work, but I was having a hard time getting motivated when work went bad (and it's been pretty busy for this entire year) so I started AM workouts. By the time 9 rolls around I'm asleep for at least a few hours. Am thinking of just doing a short slow run, maybe 30 min. on the TM in the evenings to see if I will be able to sleep all night long with that added cardio. Oh yea, I still have Turbo Jams to do.;) Hmmmmm. "see ya at work".:+

Well the nap didn't exactly energize me the way it was supposed to, LOL, but I still pushed through one heck of a work out!

KickMax blast challenge, High Step Challenge cardios 2,4 and 5 & High Step Training cardios 1,3 and 5. YEOWZAS is all I have to say about THAT one!}(

Gotta grab a shower now.

BBL~

Hi Ladies.

Late check-in for me. I bowled well tonight and we took 5 points. YAY! It gives us a chance to get outta the gutter finally!:p

Lori: Don't think I'm quite as petite as you but I'm pretty happy with myself nonetheless. :) I am always looking to lean out but it's tough so I've kind of excepted I may never get below 18ish % bf. Oh well, such is life. :+

Jacque: Yes, Keith Weber is the guy who does the Extreme Kettlebell Cardio Work out that I recently raved about and got AWESOME DOMS from!}( Let us know how you like FF's updated summer rotation. If it has 4DS in it then it HAS to be good! :+

Jen: You asked y'day about Keith's Cardio KB work out going well with AB. Well, let me tell you, if you are not familiar with KB's then I would not try to do this one right out of the gate. It's freakin' AWESOME but what an arse-whooper! I would go for something slightly more subdued like Anthony's Kettle Bell your Way to a Perfect Body or AOS Providence which are the same work out but Kettle Bell Your Way is a remake and has a tutorial in it. Much better choice to start with. There's also the Iron Core Way DVD's in Target which are great to start with. All in all though, any f/b kb work out will go well with AB if you are looking to do what I did and replace the repeated work out every week with a KB work out.

Gotta run...it's past my bedtime now!:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.