Alwyn, TT, Kettlebell, the X, etc....Saturday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies. :)

I got up at 6:15 in anticipation of my race. I have to leave here just before 8am. It's a 9am race that isn't far from home but I want to be there in plenty of time. I hope the weather is pleasant this morning. :)

Just wanted to get us started. I'll be back in a bit to see if anyone else has posted.

Good Morning Wendy and all who follow:)

Wendy** I didn't know you had a race today. How long is it? Just a short one? I have yet to run in a race...maybe this summer! Who knows? LOL

I got up early today to do my workout and surprisingly I wasn't tired. DH and I watched a movie and I didn't get to bed until 11:40. I like to be in bed by 10:30 when I work the day shift. DH has a hockey party tonight with his buddies, so there will be no reason for this gal to stay up late:)

Todays workout was a 30 mins run (did 3.22 miles) BM2 circuits, and BM2 Bic,Tris and Shouls. It was a good workout and I squeezed in more then I thought I was going to.I even made enough time to wax my bikini line:eek: and shave my legs! LOL TMI?

Hope everyone as a good day. I think my afternoon is going to be fairly busy but my morning is gonna be slow.

Lori:)

Hello ladies,

wendy- have fun with your race today! i know you are gonna smoke it:)

lori- sounds like an awesome workout you did today!

linda- yes, i have joined the monthly subsciption plan. if you are only a monthly member then you only have access to the workouts of the month. are you a yearly member? i believe if you are then you always have access to each of the rotations. let me know.

well i am back from my les mills seminar yesterday and it was so very good. they are an extremely dynamic company.

today i am running on the treadmill using CC #4 and a little later on today dh and I are doing back and biceps. bring on the pain}(

ttyl....:)

Lori: Today's race is a quickie: 5k. I just signed up for another 5 miler on July 12th. I ran it last year. It was hot but nice scenery. My friend and I got there late last year and got a good work out in by just literally RUNNING around to get to the start on time (which btw, the race ended up starting late anyway so we would have been FINE!ACK!). So by the time the race got underway we were already tired! LOL I am hoping that doesn't happen again this year!:p Great work out this morning. Have a good day at work.

Sunny: Glad you enjoyed the seminar y'day. Have fun workin' back and bi's with DH today. I love racing but actually wish I could join you on the TM with a CC or an Itread today instead. Oh well. I'm planning to hit it on Monday...after some HIIT with Alwyn!}(

Morning Ladies -

Today was my scheduled rest or optional recovery cardio day. I chose the latter. I did Ellen Barret's Flat Belly Interval Cardio....but followed the low impact person (only added some jumping in by accident here and there). I kept my HR relatively low...but not as low as Alwyn suggests. I stayed more around 60-72% versus Alwyns suggested 50-60%. I added on Beyond Balletone Cardio segment and tried a bit of Zak Lee's Kickboxing. Total cardio with c/d and stretch was 56" and I burned 394 calories.

I also did Rodney Yee's Yoga Core for Strength 30" and Ravi & Ana's Quick Fix segment for headaches.

I tried that kickboxing DVD briefly cuz I wanted to see if it got my HR up cuz when I previewed it ....I didn't think it would. It hardly got it up...but I just tried part of the intermediate. I'll try it again on a rest day and see what I think. Certain kickboxing DVDs make it REALLY hard to get my HR up. That's one reason I like Strike Zone so much....as I don't have that problem with that one.

Have great workouts or rest days everyone.

Sunny** Sounds like you have a good workout planned for today. I love weight training. I use to always put it on the back burner b/c I was a cardio junkie but over the past couple of yrs, Ive learned to love it more and more.

Wendy** What kind of time are you hoping for? I bet you are running right now. Its 11:10 here which means it 9:40 there.When I started running it was just 5 kms, I should run it now just to see how long it takes me. I use to run a 7 min km, but I think its more like 5 mins now. Its kind of hard to tell b/c when I run long distances, I end up getting tired near the end, and slow down no doubt.

Lora** I like the sound of a recovery day as well! LOL Enjoy whatever you decide to do.

I remember (a few yrs ago) my rest days were always saturdays. I worked every sat, went to the solorium on the way home, had a 10 mins power nap,eat KFC for supper and start drinking! haha! Oh...times have changed! For the better:)

Lori:)

Good Afternoon everyone!!

I'm home briefly from my mom's so that I could shower and stuff. After all my complaining yesterday about hating to work out, I went for a five mile run this morning in my mom's neighborhood and it was the BEST run I've had in a looooooong time. It reminded me why I ever started! It's a long story, but in brief, the part of town where my mom lives is also where my sister lives, and when ex-DH and I split, my kids and I moved in with my sister for eight months. During that time I started running a LOT. It's fairly rural there, the scenery is gorgeous, and at that time, when I was going through all these transitions in my life, the running cleared my head, made me feel free, and gave me the time to focus on all the things I was grateful for in my life. Being out there brought all those things back to me this morning, and it ROCKED!! :)

Later today, I'm going golfing. For the Very. First. Time. Yikes. :p I've hit balls at a driving range before, but I've never been on a course, so this should be interesting.

Wendy, I hope you enjoyed your race!

Lori, where do you live that you're an hour and a half ahead of us on the East Coast?

Lora, sounds like you had a good recovery workout!

Sunny, DH is still punishing you, huh? Hope you have fun!

I'll BBL...

Have great afternoons everyone ~

Jen

jen- so happy you had an awesome run! yes dh is still punishing me}( . however i am lovin' every minute of it.

wendy- so how was the race today?

lora- maybe you shouldn't take on a new job since you are liking this one so much. it's hard to find a good work environment.

lori- yes, i am a former cardio junkie/convert also. still like it, however the weights have my heart:)

workout for today is over and it was extremely tough...tougher than Tony i might add. i am sure to have some DOMS tomorrow}(

ttyl...:)

Quickie post and then I have to get ready to head out with the girls for the evening. :)

My race went well. It was a bit on the hot side but not as bad as last week so I was happy about that. It was the first time I've done this particular race. It was an out and back 5k that was comprised of about a mile of road, a mile of hilly narrow rough trail terrain and then another mile of road. I had to slow down in the trails so that I wouldn't trip on the tree roots, etc and STILL managed to pull of about a 28:45 finish! I don't have the official time yet but I looked at the clock as I passed it so I have to be close!:) I'm very happy with my time and have a challenge for next year now....TO BEAT IT!}(

Gotta go now but I'll catch with you ladies in the morning! Pray for me NOT to have a hang-over, okay? ;)

Have a great rest of your saturday!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.