almost done with begineer rotation - where now?

rachandcarl

hi there everyone,
i have just recently discovered Cathe, and an into week 8 of the official beginner rotation. I am loving it but am after some advice. i have looked at the official intermediate rotation but don't own many of the dvds on it. I did just get a bunch that someone was selling secondhand, i have not tried any of them yet as i am trying to stick to rotation and would have no clue what to try anyway.
So my rather long winded question is what should i do?
bite the bullet and buy all the dvds for the official rotation? ( i am in australia and have to order them from overseas and our exchange rate is not doing any favours)
The dvds i have are:

Low impact step with total body sculpting
basic step and body fusion
total body stretching
stretch max.

and the ones i have not tried yet.
4 day split cardio and weights
cardio fusion
low impact circuit
GS chest and triceps
cardio kicks and circuit max
GS back shoulders and biceps
gym style legs

ANY help greatly greatly greatly appreciated.

rachal.:D

Hi Rachal,Do I understand correctly that you have all the workouts listed in your post? (though I think the Cardio and Weights listed in Cathe's intermediate rotation is Cardio & Weights from the Intensity Series)I'm getting back to Cathe after a four year sabbatical:eek:. I started with the beginner rotation and worked up from there.* If you go to the "Video & DVD Questions and Comments" section of this forum, there is a stickied thread titled, "Ultimate guide to Cathe's Workouts."* The workouts are ranked according to difficulty (these were ranked by Cathe forum readers, I believe). What I did was look at the ranking for the workouts used in the beginner rotation and work up from there.

I've really been able to do most Cathe's, but I do modify quite a bit and pause Cathe and Crew quite a bit.

I'm sure some other more experienced Catheites will come along...
Good Luck...of course, once you get hooked on Cathe you'll end up buying all her DVD's anyway:eek:

Oh, I see that you have low impact circuit (?) I just got that one and have done the step premix twice in the last week. That step segment is a blast!

Shari

I think with what you have, premixes will be your friend! 4 Day Split alone could carry you through an intermediate rotation with the premixes. The step choreo can be a little challenging so maybe try something like this:

(This is based on Cathe's intermediate rotation, taking into consideration your collection)

Week one
M: Low Impact Circuit
T: Cardio Kicks
W: 4DS Kick Box/Boot Camp Disc - Lower Body Weights Premix
Th: Low Impact Step
F: 4DS Lower Intensity Step/Higher Intensity Step Disc - Upper Body Weights Premix
S: 35 min run/walk + stretch of your choice
S: Rest

Week two
M: Circuit Max
T: 40 min indoor or outdoor cycling
W: Low Impact Circuit - Total Body Sculpt Premix
Th: 4DS Kickbox only (no weight work)
F: Body Fusion
S: 30 min walk/run + stretch of your choice
S: Rest

Week three
M: Total Body Sculpting
T: Cardio Fusion - All step cardio premix
W: 4DS Lower Intensity Step/Higher Intensity Step Disc - Low Impact Circuit Premix
Th: 35 min walk/run
F: Low Impact Circuit
S: Low Impact Step

Week four
M: Cardio Kicks
T: GS Chest and Tri timesaver premix
W: Low Impact Circuit Cardio Blast Timesaver Premix
Th: GS Legs Timesaver Premix #2
F: 40 minute indoor or outdoor cycle
S: GS Back, Shoulders and Biceps Timesaver Premix

In week three, there is a lot of step. If you would rather sub some other cardio (Maybe Boot Camp cardio only from 4DS or the 4DS Cardio Power Premix) that would work, too. Also, I am not sure about ab work on a lot of those premixes, so you may need to add some in. Stability Ball Abs on Basic Step/Body Fusion is a good one to add in. There are also 2 ab routines on the 4DS series. You will definitely need to add abs during week 4 with the Gym Styles.

Good Luck! I hope it works out for you!

thanks

thanks for the advice so far.
yes i do have all the dvds listed..got them in a bulk lot
am loving cathe but its hard work!!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.