Afraid of Meso 3

Saturn

Cathlete
I am doing my active recovery week, and am scheduled to start Meso 3 next Thursday. I have to admit- I am scared of M3! I think it is because I have been lifting heavier than ever in M2, and I know I have to up the ante even more for M3. I don't have a squat rack, and plan to do Plyo legs. I am posting for a pep talk! If you love M3, please tell me why, and that I am going to love it too!;)

I love meso 3. I am doing both plyo and squat rack legs each week. Squat rack not my favorite but plyo legs is awesome. It is tough but it moves so fast you are done before you know it. It is also a great cardio workout. SR legs moves slow and has long rest periods. I don't feel like I can lift any heavier with good form (I start to feel it in my back/core) I feel like I am resting more than working.
I also love the split of the upper body in this one. With the smaller muscle groups on their own I am able to lift heavier. I feel really strong doing shoulders, biceps and triceps.

I was worried too but its all good.:p Have fun.
chrissy

I was scared as well! Mostly of the plyo legs. It's really not so bad. I'll say I enjoyed the other 2 cycles more, but that's not to say I'm not enjoying M3 at all. You'll be amazed at how much you can lift! Oh, and plyo legs flies by at least LOL.

Heather

Enjoy meso 3...

I was scared but not of meso 3 I was scared of meso 2. But somehow when I got there to meso 2,I was lifting like never before, I got confident and for meso3 I was lifting heavy and the rest time I loved because I had the time to recuperate and go crazy for the next set.
You'll see is not that bad...

There are less reps and more recovery time than other mesos. Don't be scared, its not bad at all

I ended up enjoying Meso 3 more than I thought I would. I cut out the forth group of exercises to shorten the workout, which made for a better overall experience. You might try that for the first week, I'm sure you will enjoy the workouts more than you think.

As metioned before the rests are long, giving you ample time to recover, stretch, and change weights. I tried Plyo Legs once then went to the Squat rack legs workout, because I enjoyed that style of lifting more than the Plyo. I didn't have a squat rack either but added a 20 lb weight belt {ankle weights} for the lower body which helped, but even without it I would have gotten a great workout.

I'm sure you will do a great job! I tend to get dread factor from Cathe's workouts because I know how hard she makes us work :eek:, but once I get started I find myself enjoying the experience. :D HTH

I just finished last week and I think you are going to love it!

I too was worried just looking at the high numbers on the workout cards each week. I thought, “I can’t lift that!” I had never lifted heavy before. I was surprised to find that I struggled less in Meso 3 than I did in Meso 2, that I just felt so much stronger suddenly. Also, the low numbers of reps always made it seem possible to complete the set.

I could feel the use of my core regularly during Meso 3. I felt my form was solid and I could focus on the muscle group I was working. I enjoyed chest and back the most.

I did squat rack legs without a rack. I used 20 lbs in a vest to add weight. I could have gone heavier with the legs but would not risk injury. I also “leisurely” used my elliptical machine on the long breaks during legs. I plan on doing plyo legs in the next round of STS.

Lastly, I continued to lose weight and see changes in my body. I may be in the minority but Meso 3 turned out to be my favorite of the three.

Thanks guys! I start M3 tomorrow, and you have all reassured me! I am hoping that it works for me as well as it has for all of you! I have definitely seen changes from M1 and M2- and want to see more definition, further leaning out (though I am getting pretty lean), and definitely more strength. I think that M3 will be a good challenge and once I jump in I will realize it will go along fine like the first two mesos did. Thanks again for your feedback!

Just wanted to say that I loved the first workout of M3 today! It rocked and it felt great to lift that heavy! I did this morning. Then tonight, I took an hour long walk with my x vest on- love the vest and STS!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.