Advise on when to arrive (flights)

run_to_step

Cathlete
Hey guys. This is my first road trip and I don't want to potentially miss out on any of the action. So I am trying to weigh my options for arrival times. Is it advisable to arrive the night/day before, or is it generally ok to arrive the day of (so on the 27th)? I am coming from Nebraska with 1 connecting flight and about a 6 hr total trip. I could get in on Friday by 10:30AM, but the connecting flight layover is only 40 minutes so if there is any sort of delay I could potentially miss some/all of Friday. Need your advice!

This is my first road trip too. I'm flying in Alabama and will be arriving around 1. I wanted to be sure I had plenty of time before registration at 3 to get to the hotel and should there be any unplanned delays.

I believe that the Friday bus departs the hotels at 3:45. As long as you're there before the bus pulls out of the lot then all is good! If you decide to come in the night before there will definetely be a handful of anxious cathletes hanging around causing some sort of rukkus (probably a little lobby gathering or something) so feel free to join in :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.