Adjustable ankle weights

berry99

Cathlete
I have been eyeing up ankle weights for some time now and I know that I definitely want adjustable ones. I was thinking of getting two 10 lb adjustable weights, but my just end up getting two 5 lb weights. I have been looking around and the ones I saw at Target didn't impress me too much. It was hard to get the little sandbags out of the holder. Does anyone have adjustable ankle weights that they like and are relatively easy to adjust the weight? Where did you get them? Also, were they expensive??

TIA,

Karin

Hi Karin,

I bought both the Danskin Adjustable 10# pair ($29.99 on sale @ amazon.com) and the Danskin Adjustable 5# pair (24.99 on sale @ amazon.com). You get free shipping on orders of at least $25. I like mine. To me, they are comforable and relatively easy to adjust the weight. HTH!

Teresa:)

I have a set of All-Pro adjustables, each of which goes up to 20 lbs each. The weights are in these cigar-shaped rods that are very easy to slip in and out, much easier than sandbags. I can't remember if I got them mail-order or at Sports Authority, but I do like the All-Pro brand and the method of manufacture. I believe you can get them through Perform Better AND Power Systems online or paper catalog; I'm sure other fitness catalog retailers sell them.

I'd suggest, whatever brand you go with, to get the ones that are 10-lbs each rather than 5-lbs. You'd be amazed at how easily you work up to 5-lbs, and then you're stuck having to get the heavier ones anyway. So you might as well save yourself the extra trip and expense.

A-Jock

I have an old pair of firm ones. They have little metal weights in them . They slide right out.Hhey are only 5lbs each though
Never saw them with sandbags,I bought these about 15 years ago for like 12 bucks then.
They work. I really don't use them much though.
Anne
http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Same here - I have the old Firm ones with the little weights that slide in and out. I have no idea if anyone has them still. I'll look around and if I find them, I'll post it here.

Carol
:)

I have Ironwear adjustable ankle weights: up to 10# each, and able to be used as thigh weights as well, or to hook together to make a weight belt. The weights are heavy rubber (so no rusting like metal, and no leaking like sand) and are also usable in the Ironwear weighted vest I have. I really like Ironwear products. I have gloves, the ankle weights, and a vest. The heavy rubber is very comfortable.

The best place to buy ankle weights is a Medical Supply Store. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Elln

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.