Adding to a rotation?

stephanie932

Cathlete
I just started the Beginner/Intermediate Rotation w/ BS/BF, HSC and the Timesaver. Today was day 1 and at 5:00 a.m. I did the Basic Step as Cathe suggested. My question is.....is it okay to do another cardio workout if I'm up to it? I felt energized tonight so I also did 45 mins. of Step Heat at 7 p.m. I'm used to doing 2 workouts on the weekends, and 1 during the weekdays because of work; however, for some reason, today I was full of energy, so I threw in another workout. I just don't want to screw things up by not following the rotation to the letter.

Any opinions on this?

~Stephanie~

"Happiness is knowing what you are doing next without me saying it!" - Cathe

Hi Stephanie,

You sound like you're already a seasoned exerciser, which means you know what your body is capable of more than anyone else. People modify rotations to suit their own preferences all the time. When you feel like adding to the rotation, just check and make sure that there isn't a really challenging day ahead whereby you might want to conserve your energy a bit, that's my only advice. Rest is as important as activity.

I love your tag line, and in the recesses of my mind I remember Cathe saying this, but it must be in a workout I don't do very often. Is it from Basic Step?

All the best,
Sandra

***DING, DING, DING....YOU WIN!!!*** You got it, Sandra!!!

I wouldn't say I'm a "seasoned" exerciser, I've only been exercising since August.....I still have 30 lbs. to go. Let's just say my feet get all screwed up all the time, but with BS/BF, believe it or not, I didn't have too much difficulty at all! I really believe that it is Cathe's great cueing, because w/ the Firm BSS3, I was all over the place. This was just the boost I needed for my "step" confidence. And then, I became addicted to Cathe. I wanted to pick a rotation for 3 reasons: #1 - I had all the workouts, #2 - that would give me a good foundation for Cathe workouts and #3 I've heard that if you stick to one of Cathe's rotations you get better results, and I need better results. I've done very well in 2004, but now it's time to reach my goals in 2005 and I think Cathe will get me there.....or, I'll go broke trying...lol

TY again for such a quick response, Sandra!!

~Stephanie~

"Happiness is knowing what you are doing next without me saying it!" - Cathe

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.