Adding Power Hour into rotation

robyn6002

Cathlete
I recently got S&H and LOVE it. I'm on week 2 and feel it already. I've been doing ctx (10/10/10, PC, Kickbox) cardio kicks, and circuit max for cardio.

Today I went for a run -thanks to cathe i was able to do 3 miles without too much problem :) HOORAY

Anyhow I like to follow general rotations (but change based on how I feel that day).

I just can't figure out how to get Power Hour in and I love it!!!
PLEASE someone come up with a creative idea of how to incorporate it!

I find 3 days of S&H is good for me.

THinking of getting PS for the next rotation (and perhaps I'll add in body max and interval max) I have them both.

Hi Robyn,
I too love Power Hour so I understand why you want to incorporate it into your rotations! The general concensus with S&H is to do each tape once per week (as you are doing) for no more than 3-4 weeks (although I believe some people have done it for longer). I believe Cathe herself has advised no more than 3-4 weeks as the workouts are very intense and are designed to be a "plateau breaker". I am currently eagerly awaiting my copies of the S&H series and have done a fair bit of reading about the series on the forum and the general advice seems to be that an S&H rotation on its own (with separate Cardio days if you wish) is sufficient. I personally wont be doing any other weight work in the same week as S&H. However, others may disagree with me and no doubt will give you their reasons or experience to the contrary.
If you are anything like me, I like to mix things up a bit, and am currently doing the following rotation, which was posted by Cathe in response to someone asking for an MIS/Power Hour rotation:

Wks 1-4 Power Hour x 3, Cardio x 2-3
Wks 5-8 - MIS x 2, Power Hour x 1, Cardio x 2-3
Wks 9-12 - Power Hour x 2, MIS x 1, Cardio x 2-3
Wks 13-16 - CTX (I doubled up each time on upper body in order to work upper twice a week)
Wks 17-20 - Bodymax x 2, Power Hour x 1, Cardio x 2.

I'm not sure if you have MIS, if not you could substitute it with the upper body work in BodyMax and the lower body work in PS combined into one session.
Hope this helps,
Kaz.

Hi Robyn...Glad you brought up this question as I just ordered Power Hour and was wondering how to rotate it into my program. Right now I am doing MIS 3x and MIC 3x because they are the only tapes I have.

Thank you Kaz for the rotation info. That is exactly what I was looking for!

JJ

THanks for the info that's great. Yes I was not going to add power hour in with the S&H rotation.

Based on that rotation sounds like I should get MIS - maybe I can put off getting PS at least for awhile ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.