addicted to salads

kariev

Cathlete
Yes you read the title right. My name is Karie and I'm addicted to salads. LOL! Anyone else love salads. I normally have a huge one for dinner with some sort of lean protein in it. I also have a small one with my lunch. When I don't get a salad with my lunch I'm craving one so bad by dinner. All my family and friends think i'm weird. Just seeing if i'm alone on this one.

I wouldn't say I'm addicted but.....I like to have one nearly every day for lunch and something else on the side (too much veggies alone gives me a tummy ache, I need something with it to help the digestion!). But I prefer to make them myself, just the way I like it!! I made myself a yummy one today with some Trader Joe's Tongol Tuna and a grilled cheese on the side (whole wheat bread, 45 cals a slice and 2 slices of veggie pepperjack cheese). So good!! :eek:

I make a HUGE salad to have with my dinner every weekday. I put tons of different things in it, veggies, everything. And I thoroughly enjoy it EVERY night! :)

I make a salad nearly every day for lunch at work along with either tuna or a few deli turkey slices as well as a small baked sweet potato. It's the perfect amount of food and keeps me away from the bread! :D

I love salad and have a large salad everyday usually for lunch. I love them so much it is usually what I get when I go out to eat. My DH thinks I am nuts!

Oh yeah, me too. I could live on salads! Love, love, love them - I'm fine having a salad as my meal (and do it regularly).

Stebby

Yes you read the title right. My name is Karie and I'm addicted to salads. LOL! Anyone else love salads. I normally have a huge one for dinner with some sort of lean protein in it. I also have a small one with my lunch. When I don't get a salad with my lunch I'm craving one so bad by dinner. All my family and friends think i'm weird. Just seeing if i'm alone on this one.

Me too!! I've always been this way. And my salads just keep getting bigger over the years. I used to use a single sized bowl, but now I make my dinner in a big serving bowl. I usually have 4-6 ozs. of protein like chicken, tuna or salmon, and then a ton of mostly raw veggies. Lettuce, shredded red cabbage, broccoli, bell peppers, cucumber, carrots, cauliflower, scallion, mushrooms, etc. When I add asparagus, it's cooked. Those giant salads are the mainstay of my diet, and if I don't eat them for awhile, like when I'm on vacation, I crave them. And, YES, people think I'm a looney tune.

Last edited:
Yes, love my salads. Can't get enough of them. Last night I made salmon patties with steamed broccoli on the side and a very BIG salad.

I'm a everything and the kitchen sink type of salad maker. My favorite topping is fat free italian, a little dijon and blended almonds. YUM YUM

Yes ma'am I love salads as well -- pretty close to addiction! I have one just about every day for lunch. A while back I made a nice chef salad for my husband one night for dinner, so now he likes that a few nights a week (makes it easy when you're trying to think of what to fix for dinner!). What's so great about salads is that you can vary it up so much, it's like a different meal each time!

I love salads when someone else makes them. I don't enjoy all that chopping and prep. Any tips for making salads less labor intensive? I really want to take salads for lunch at work but can't take the time to prepare them.

I love salads too! I love to make my own dressings, some of which I've found on allrecipes.com. Yum!:D I usually make mine pretty simple (greens, some lean protein that I've cooked ahead of time, red pepper, pine nuts, berries, and maybe a little Feta cheese). Otherwise I get overwhelmed at all the prep work.:eek:

I love salads when someone else makes them. I don't enjoy all that chopping and prep. Any tips for making salads less labor intensive? I really want to take salads for lunch at work but can't take the time to prepare them.

BuffyR - Don't know if you're into beans, but I like to make bean salads (Black, kidney, green) with corn, red peppers, nuts and Feta cheese, plus a light dressing. They are super simple and would be easy to make in the morning without a lot of chopping (except for the peppers). Just a thought.

BuffyR - Don't know if you're into beans, but I like to make bean salads (Black, kidney, green) with corn, red peppers, nuts and Feta cheese, plus a light dressing. They are super simple and would be easy to make in the morning without a lot of chopping (except for the peppers). Just a thought.

Thanks. Great idea. I love beans. In fact, in the wintertiime I usually make a big pot of bean soup and freeze it in individual containers to grab to take to work. I like to idea of some canned and some fresh food. Makes it more manageable. I'll give it a try this week.

Another salad lover here! I usually have them for lunch-with leftover lean protein:) Yesterday I had a spinach salad with some blackened salmon, feta, and some Newman's Own Light Cranberry Walnut dressing:) The day before I made a buffalo chicken salad-I used chicken in a pouch, mixed with Frank's Buffalo sauce, added some blue cheese, carrots, celery and a drizzle of yogurt ranch dressing-yum!!

salads

Hi,

I probably eat a big salad 6 out of 7 nights a week. I usually add some lean protein and I'm good to go. I've even gotten DH into the habit and he loves them now. My favorite combination is avocado, raisins, red onion, gorganzola (or any kind really), and chopped egg on a bed of greens.....

Tracy

Especially in the summer time, it is just too dang hot to cook here. I would be happy with a salad and bit of protein. I am always trying different ways to prepare salads.

I was brillant today.....I usually get pre washed salad or the organic salads in plastic container, but I still rinse and add whatever to it. Realizing I had leftover salad I put in large baggie so it is already 'pre-made' , does that make sense.

I found in the larger Dollar Trees w/refrig section real Feta cheese. Mix with nuts and Blueberry vingerette is wonderful.

Sometimes I'll add fruit, ie apples and oranges to the spring mix.

Another way from restaurant is to add (less than perfect lettuce), tomoato soup and taco seasoning.

If you have any leftover fresh string beans (which I saute lightly in skillet w/olive oil and add peanut sauce), refrig and then add to salad mix next day it is delish!

I love salads, too, but I love even more when somebody else makes them for me.

Salad will last for a week or so if you have one of those vacuum canisters. It's what I use. I've haven't been able to test the "whole week theory" because it's all gone in a few days. This is a tip i got from one of my friends.
My friend even stores her leftover dressed salad and it stays fresh and doesn't get soggy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.