ACTIVE WEAR

Haaha! I walk daily & cycle sometimes for transportation, so I wear semi-active wear a lot. When I take the train to my pilates class, I wear my active wear as well. I couldn't be bothered with lugging a bag full of extra clothes with me .....taking the mat around is enough.

Wearing the Active Wear. Where do you wear yours?

Karen!!! I saw this last week on the Today Show. I had to show it to my DH because it is totally me. I love the part about "showing off my baby in my active wear" and "buying active wear in my active wear." Yeah, that's me.

My almost-4-year-old was in the room when I showed my DH the clip, and now our entire family--most especially my DD--all say "active wear" with the Australian accent (she sounds more like "aug-dive wear" but whatever!). My DD begs to watch the video over and over again. And, since I wear it pretty much every day, we always talk about mommy being in her "active wear."

It's the little joys in life, isn't it?

Lisa

Karen!!! I saw this last week on the Today Show. I had to show it to my DH because it is totally me. I love the part about "showing off my baby in my active wear" and "buying active wear in my active wear." Yeah, that's me.

My almost-4-year-old was in the room when I showed my DH the clip, and now our entire family--most especially my DD--all say "active wear" with the Australian accent (she sounds more like "aug-dive wear" but whatever!). My DD begs to watch the video over and over again. And, since I wear it pretty much every day, we always talk about mommy being in her "active wear."

Lisa

You go, Lisa!! Rockin' the ACTIVE WEAR! It's stretchy, and so comfortable. So much the little joys!

I have heard the term "Athleisure" used to describe athletic clothing, and I think that sums it up perfectly. Everyone runs around in active wear these days. I am very self-conscious and don't think it's appropriate for a lady my age to be running around in tights. However, I own a boatload of Athleta 2-in-1s, and I feel totally comfortable going to the grocery store after hitting the gym wearing those. I mostly live in the looser fit pant styles they sell, and those are appropriate for many activities. I'm with Belinda in that if I want to go shopping at a retail clothing store (for items other than athletic apparel), I prefer to be dressed... in jeans. :)

You go, Lisa!! Rockin' the ACTIVE WEAR! It's stretchy, and so comfortable. So much the little joys!

I guess I should also add that I need the stretchy comfort since I spend my days carrying and racing after and chasing after 2 little lovelies, on the floor, outdoors, etc. My biggest obsession is the leggings, which I often pair with a normal top or tank. I definitely don't do the "sports bra around town" look!

Hugs to all you active wear lovers, no matter when or where or how you rock the active wear look!

Lisa

I guess I should also add that I need the stretchy comfort since I spend my days carrying and racing after and chasing after 2 little lovelies, on the floor, outdoors, etc. My biggest obsession is the leggings, which I often pair with a normal top or tank. I definitely don't do the "sports bra around town" look!

Hugs to all you active wear lovers, no matter when or where or how you rock the active wear look!

Lisa

I agree, when mine were young, I wish I could have "rocked the active wear." Active wear at that time was leotards, tights and leg warmers. "Rockin' the Active Wear? Not so much!

Last edited:

Lisa
What Lisa said! Yeah, I do a lot of toddler squats and -- does it count as a deadlift if the child is flailing wildly? Anyways, no time for jeans. Whenever I read, 'ditch the scale, go by how your clothes fit', I think -- 'uh, you mean my leggings?! They ALWAYS fit perfectly!' :D

If I'm not too gross, I'll run to Trader Joe's in my workout clothes. Post-workout showering these days involves my daughter trying to get in the shower, too, and spilling water all over the bathroom floor. But hey -- that's why they invented headbands -- to cuten up my icky hair!

I agree, when mine were young, I wish I could have "rocked the active wear." Active wear at that time was leotards, tights and leg warmers. "Rockin' the Active Wear? Not so much!
Karen, have you ever been into an American Apparel store or seen their ads? It's all about THAT kind of Active Weah! Pull out those legwarmers and walk the catwalk, baby!
The look I'm a little perplexed about is wearing a tank with arm holes that are SO huge that you're basically just wearing a bra. I see high school and college students wearing it all the time. And it's not even a sports bra! I'm a little like... wha?!

Karen, have you ever been into an American Apparel store or seen their ads? It's all about THAT kind of Active Weah! Pull out those legwarmers and walk the catwalk, baby!
The look I'm a little perplexed about is wearing a tank with arm holes that are SO huge that you're basically just wearing a bra. I see high school and college students wearing it all the time. And it's not even a sports bra! I'm a little like... wha?!

I see that all the time, Roz. It's like why bother with the tank? Just wear your bra, honey!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.