Active Recovery *Series*

AVeyRa

Cathlete
I’m about halfway through my first pass of the STS 2.0 rotation. I am certain I will repeat it. I really love this series. It’s the best — by far — of the new workouts Cathe has released in at least a decade. You all put some serious work into STS 2.0, and it shows. Everything pops; it’s all where it’s supposed to be; it’s visually stunning; it’s not fatiguing to my senses, but energizing; the work is no-nonsense, thoughtful, and straight-ahead, with some interesting new challenges (I just did the dip bar today, which I loved).

As cohesive and integrated as the entire series is, though, the standouts have got to be the Active Recovery, Mobility, and Foam Rolling — with the former two being the ones I’d like to see more of.

There is no shortage of cardio, strength or stretching workouts in Cathe’s catalogue, but active recovery and mobility are new **and something I desperately need**. As we age, we need to be more mindful of flexibility, rest days, and mobility — everyone seems to have a problem area that flares up as they get older or recover from injury. Flexibility and mobility in joints and muscles, I know, is something that will not only protect me from injury, but will also keep me moving on days when I can’t get a strong workout in because I’m tired, I’m sore, or life just happens. It’s much more motivating (and reassuring) to be able to pop in a DVD where the moves are moderately challenging strength-wise, and the pacing is slower, but that will also make sure my joints are mobile and flexible. I will come away feeling “actively recovered” and ready to take on the next day when my regular workout will take me up a notch. If this concept were made into a series, it could be very easily integrated into any existing rotation — old or new; Cathe-centered or not — and (chuckle) I would give you my money so fast, your hair would curl. :D

Going to tag on that she should include an animal flow type of workout in this series, too - basically all bodyweight exercises that get you down on the floor and moving that way. May not be ideal for those with wrist issues, however. Not sure if she can have someone in the cast show modifications maybe?

Going to tag on that she should include an animal flow type of workout in this series, too - basically all bodyweight exercises that get you down on the floor and moving that way. May not be ideal for those with wrist issues, however. Not sure if she can have someone in the cast show modifications maybe?
ooooh, I like this idea!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.