about to finish meso 1

Tracy Sheehy

Ok...I am just about finished with meso 1 and I was wondering of those who have done the series, were you sore after every workout? Because I am surprised that I haven't been that sore and I did do the 1 rep max test for all exercises, so I should be at the correct weight while lifting. When I have done other Cathe weight dvd's I have been really sore. My husband though says that he is starting to see results in my body. Just curious.

I've read a lot on these forums about people with DOMS after STS workouts. I rarely got DOMS after STS workouts, & I had really great results from the program. I guess everyone's body is different. I DO stretch for at least 20 minutes after every workout I do - maybe that helps. I also was told to take Alka Seltzer after every STS workout - that it helped prevent DOMS. Some days I took it, some days I didn't, so I'm not sure that helped at all.

I was extremely sore after the first leg workout (like hobbling around), but I had just returned to exercising in general. I've been sore each time the workout routine changes but not in so much between...for example, in Meso 1, I had never gotten DOMS in my chest..but in Meso 2 when she adds in barbell bench presses, then I did. I think the trisets from Meso 2 legs had me sore the first week too. I think about 5-6 weeks into STS, I started feeling that I have built some muscle in my arms but they haven't been too sore throughout the program. I'm finishing up Meso 2 this weekend.

I just finished Meso 1 last week, and I too was surprised that I wasn't more sore after the workouts for upper body. Legs, the 1st 3 weeks my legs were super sore, so bad I could hardly walk the next day. lol Week 4 legs I went for a walk later that day, and I was hardly sore the next day. So I'm going to make sure I get a walk in at some point after legs from now on.

I'm starting Meso 2 on Tuesday, so we'll see if my upper body gets sore this time around.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.