? about South Beach Diet

Cid

Cathlete
My weight has climbed about 7 lbs. since summer and the scale just won't budge, so I thought I'd shock the system with the SB diet and lose the pounds. However, the thought of eggs in the morning, much less for 14 MORNINGS, is just plain icky to me. I'm and oatmeal kind of girl (the slow-cooking kind with a scant tsp. of brown sugar, lots of cinnamon, and milk) and that is what I have every morning. I could probably handle the rest of the day, but phase one breakfasts are kind of nauseating to me. Any suggestions? And how do you incorporate birthdays, get-togethers, etc.? I'll bet that there'll be at least 2 or 3 meals each week (aside from breakfast) which will stray from the diet a bit...will this counter the effects of the diet? Should I just give up now because this isn't the eating plan for me, or can I go sraight to Phase Two?
This is more than one question!!!
Thanks,
CinDee

did you check out their website? they answer a lot of questions. i'm pretty sure he says that you can start at phase two if you don't have that much to lose.

i tried it for awhile, lost 7-8 pounds in the first two weeks - HATED it. i need some carbs. i couldn't work out at all i felt so weak. but other people have luck with it. i guess it all depends on your system.

but man, i HATE eggs! blech. i'm not a big protein fan anyway so i rely on some shakes to get enough in my system. can't use shakes on south beach.

I think that the south beach diet is actually a very good diet. If you don't like eggs for breakfast, then why not have them for dinner and have a protein shake for breakfast instead? Phase one is hard, but once you lower your carb intake your will lose your belly bloat (assuming you have some to lose) and this is so motivating. But if you have evenings a week where you know you'll be "cheating" and wont be following the plan, perhaps weight watchers or something like that would be a better solution?

Belive it or not, I didn't even think of using a protein shake. Duh. I may try that. And as of Sunday, I have 12 to 14 days in a row where I can be in complete control, so this could work.
CinDee

I like eggs, morning or night, so that isn't a problem for me, but the plan really does work. I feel great now. A little tired at first, frist few days, getting used to lower carbs, but after that period, feel great. Good luck with it...and let me know how it goes... x

but if you hate eggs period - you are out of luck. except they say you are not supposed to drink protein shakes on SB. they want you to eat real foods. maybe you can do canadian bacon in the morning? i ended up eating lunch type food. i'd have a turkey dog and beans for breakfast.

my problem on SB was just that i don't like protein foods that much. the one thing i do like is skim milk, but they tell you not to drink that either. so it wasn't the plan for me.

for others though - who like proteins, they will probably have great results.

it's all a matter of finding what works with your lifestyle.

me? i'm in week one of Body for Life and i feel great.

No protein drinks? Well, that throws a wrench in it. It's not that I don't like eggs...I do, but usually at lunch or dinner. I have back to back birthday parties this weekend and although I'm going to be strict, I'm not going to exclude any foods. That just would be too much at a birthday party! But as of Sunday or Monday I'll try it and see if I can handle it. I've gotta try something since the weight (still) won't budge! Thanks for your input!
CinDee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.