? about pre-event activities...

llp

Cathlete
Hi Cathe & SNM!:D

On your RT Blog( http://cathe.com/roadtrip/texas/event-info.php ), you wrote: "Special social pre-event activities are being planned, so you may want to arrive a day early."

I was just wondering what time those activities will start? I was looking at all my flights and the earliest my flight can arrive is about 3:00-3:30.
I think it would be fun to enjoy these activities, but, if they start sooner than that, I'd have to arrive 2 days early(which actually would be ok, then I could do some exploring/site-seeing)! That's just me, coming from the West Coast, so, maybe a late start time (past 4:00) wouldn't affect anyone else.

Also, I just found out the check-in time at Woodlands is 3:00pm, so maybe for those arriving a day early, it would be more convenient to check-in, put stuff in rooms, then enjoy the scheduled pre-event activities, that way everyone wouldn't have to lug around all their luggage if the activities are before check-in.

Anyway, I thought I'd just bring this up since you may still be planning the pre-event activities.

Looking forward to this whole trip and seeing new faces and previous RT'rs!

Pre Event Activities

This is something we're just starting to work on now and we're open for suggestions. We're looking at things like a hike or bike ride on The Woodlands nature trails, shopping, scenic boat ride or just getting together for a casual conversation. This could be one event or several events, but we don't want anything to be too structured... just a relaxed and fun way for Cathe and our staff to get to know everyone, and for everyone to get to know each other a little better and have some fun too before everything gets officially started! We're actually thinking about doing something as early as Thursday late afternoon or evening and maybe again on Friday Morning. Our event planners are currently working on this, but since this will be our first time at the Woodlands we would appreciate any suggestions.

Hi,

everything that was mentionned sounds interesting. Certainly the bike ride to explore the Woodlands area sounds great (that sounds nice for friday morning), as well as getting together for chit chat and getting to know each other. I was fortunate on my first road trip (San Diego) to have met a great bunch on the Thursday evening and we all agreed to meet for dinner. It was so much fun! I'll keep checking the forums.

linda

This is something we're just starting to work on now and we're open for suggestions. We're looking at things like a hike or bike ride on The Woodlands nature trails, shopping, scenic boat ride or just getting together for a casual conversation. This could be one event or several events, but we don't want anything to be too structured... just a relaxed and fun way for Cathe and our staff to get to know everyone, and for everyone to get to know each other a little better and have some fun too before everything gets officially started! We're actually thinking about doing something as early as Thursday late afternoon or evening and maybe again on Friday Morning. Our event planners are currently working on this, but since this will be our first time at the Woodlands we would appreciate any suggestions.

I like all those ideas. I could do all on my own except for the boat-ride, so the boatride as a group sounds fun. Do they have sailboats? But, if you picked the other things that would be fun. Breakfast/ or brunch or lunch would be good on Friday before it all got started. Maybe you could call the concierge and get ideas. I would definitely book a flight even an extra day earlier if I knew this would start Thursday afternoon.
Yeah on what LindaR(Molly2222) said about dinner on Thurs night! (that was really fun in SD!)

Gosh, some nice walks, bike rides, boat rides, chitchat would be great! All nice things to get everyone into the swing of things and warmed up for the first workout on Friday. I would suggest that shopping is not the best idea, as we can shop anywhere, and it would be much nicer to be able to experience the Woodlands property while we're there.

And just as an aside -- would they have enough bikes?:eek: If you build it they will come, as they say, and I suspect many people will alter their plans to arrive early for another opportunity to spend time with Cathe and company.

rental Bikes

I'm not sure how many bikes they have, but I do know they rent them. They're painted green with purple handle bars. I guess this prevents any sane person from stealing them. I'll see if I can find out how many bikes they have.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.