Ab help please!

mizlaur123

Cathlete
Hey guys,
Ok so here's my problem. i am in the middle of Cathe's Boot Camp rotation. I've been eating basically clean and doing tons of ab work. But I feel like my stomach is bloated all the time! Its not "that time of the month" and I haven't been eating extra salt or anything so what gives?! My stomach feels harder but looks bloated and chubbier. Has anyone had this problem? Its kinda of discouraging after doing all this work and my stomach is looking worse then before. Any ideas what the heck is going on? Thanks!

Lauren

How is your fiber/veggie intake?

As good as these foods are they tend to make me bloated and gassy. Sorry about TMI! One last thought is if all is "regular", if you know what I mean....

Good luck! Your hard work will pay off!

You know what I HAVE been eating Activia yogurt lately because I have a tendency to.. uh... not go (couldn't think of how to share without giving TMI lol). Could that be the problem? I have been more regular since starting to eat the yogurt. But maybe thats what causing the bloated looking belly? I would hate to stop eating it because it has regulate me a bit but I can stand this belly!

Oh yuck! I can't stand yogurt so I can't help ya there! I just about gag when I see my girls eat it! Not sure if that would cause bloating or not. I hope you get some good answers! Maybe in the AM more people will be on to help you out.

Well Laura, i can attest to this feeling. i know it very well. I usually get that bloated feeling mostly in my lower belly. Alot of times, in my situation, If it isn't that time of month, it's either gas or me having to, uh, "go". :) What i usually do is take a colon cleanser once or twice a week and it helps me go alot more regularly and helps wit the bloated feeling.

I've done quite a bit of research and learned that the problem can psychological as well. Not sayin that u have issues, but i read in a few places that If ur undergoing an extreme amount of stress or any amount of stress for that matter, ur body releases an adrenaline (i forget the name of it) that causes fat to collect in ur belly, mostly the lower belly and around the belly button area. Is it possible that you can be goin thru a stressful period right now? If so, this may very well be the cause of ur bloated belly. :(

Hope i helped and didn't offend. ;)

Lauren....
You might look at your overall dairy intake. When I am working on a super cut tummy I have to limit my dairy to 1 serving a day....Dairy bloats alot of us- If you are eating clean (lots of raw/steamed veggies with most meals) you'll get your calcium just fine.

Lauren, I just started eating Activia yogurt too. It is yummy. I've been reading about inulin, the "active" ingredient in Activia, on the internet, and there are some mixed opinions. You may want to Google "inulin" and see what's out there. Many praise its health benefits, but I also read about one woman who wound up in the hospital with a blocked colon. If I were you, I would avoid Activia for a week or two and see if the bloating goes away.

Thanks for posting! I had 2 containers of Activia yesterday and I'm feeling a bit bloated myself. I didn't make the connection until you posted. I think I'll ease up on the stuff.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts! I think I'm gonna stop the activia for a bit. I do also have a hard time dealing with stress so maybe if I start to relax a bit more if will help also. I am going to try to cut back the day to once a day, also.

Lauren

Also, If you haven't done so already, you should really try yoga. It's so relaxing. I too have a difficult time dealing with stress and once i started doing yoga about 3 times a week, i noticed i was able to deal with my stress alot better. Once you're done with your yoga workout, you'll feel like a whole new person. ;)

Okay, Lauren. I'm sitting here at my desk bloated. I'm swearing off Activia for awhile. I'll bet anything that's it because I don't usually have this problem so severely.

Kashi cereal makes me bloat. I thought it was the milk with it, but found out it was the cereal. I avoid it now. Until I made the connection, I would be miserable bloated, distended belly by 1:00 p.m. every day. Cut out Kashi, no more bloat.

Now, if I could cut out M&M's http://www.emotihost.com/tempted/3.gif[/IMAGE]

Jeanette

Wow Jeanette thanks for sharing that! I have also been eating Kashi Cereal everyday! I didn't have the Activia today and felt a little better but still felt slightly bloated. I'm going to avoid the Kashi cereal too now and see if I feel better.

I've been having this problem too lately....maybe I should cut out the dairy somewhat. 1 yogurt and 1 cup of milk a day may be too much.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.