A shorter version of STS?

jaz050465

is there a premix to make STS only half an hour? If not, could I just stop aft 30 minutes and still get an effective workout. I'm so used to 30 minute DVDs that I think knowing I had 50 mins to an hour, would put me off doing it.

Hi jazz,

STS does not have premixes (except for the total body one). You could just get that one and use it for upper and lower body days. On the other hand, Xtrain has lots of great premixes! Do you have that one?

Beth

is there a premix to make STS only half an hour? If not, could I just stop aft 30 minutes and still get an effective workout. I'm so used to 30 minute DVDs that I think knowing I had 50 mins to an hour, would put me off doing it.
If you use STS in ways for which it was not designed, you won't get the expected results; however, it's your program and if you want to tweak it and stop after 30 minutes, then make it work for you. I'd just be sure that you balance out each side for unilateral moves wherever you stop.

I just started doing some of the 4 Day Split workouts and my first thought was that series is like a mini STS. The weight workouts are shorter than STS, around 30 minutes or so, but they are challenging. Maybe you should look at that one to start out with.

I just started doing some of the 4 Day Split workouts and my first thought was that series is like a mini STS. The weight workouts are shorter than STS, around 30 minutes or so, but they are challenging. Maybe you should look at that one to start out with.

Great suggestion!
I completed 4ds as a "prep" to build up strength for STS.:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.