A reintroduction and some questions

workout junkie

Cathlete
Hi everyone! A little bit about me and then my questions. If you want to skip the sappy stuff, skip to the end. :)

I used to be a regular on here, but have been gone for several years. My husband passed away unexpectedly after complications from heart surgery in 2014 and I lost the desire to workout. It was all I could do to get through each day. I literally felt like I had a hole in my heart and whenever I thought I should do something positive and beneficial like workout, I couldn't even get through the warmup without feeling like I would collapse. Life sucked for a bit, but long story short, I met someone when I wasn't looking and we ended up getting married. Life has changed a lot for me. I never had dogs. He had two when we met. Now we have six, lol.

I recently started receiving Cathe emails and I'm not sure why because my email address changed a few years ago. I don't remember updating it here, maybe I did, I don't remember. My point is, the last email got me to look here and I see a new series is coming out. I used to love working out and I want to get back into it. The only thing I've done to keep somewhat in shape is a lot of yardwork and a lot of dog walking and playing fetch.

My priorities have changed and I don't have the time to dedicate to working out like I once did, but I do need to devote a little more time to myself. I'm not looking to be supersculpted or superfit, just want to regain my strength and get some definition.

My favorite workouts in the past have been good old Power Hour - loved getting a great full body workout in an hour. I remember liking Muscle Max for the same reason. I also liked to sometimes alternate days of upper and lower. I liked the Pyramid series (especially upper body) for that because if I only did Pyramid Up or Down, I could get it done in about a half hour. I also liked Slow & Heavy for upper body, but for lower body preferred Butts and Gutts or Legs & Glutes premixes. I liked the Gym Styles too.

I am not into HIIT or cardio workouts. I have a treadmill and an elliptical that need dusting off for that. But I do love good Kickboxing workouts. Kick, Punch and Crunch is a fave. I'm not into step. I don't generally like to mix cardio and weight workouts because I get so out of breath I feel like the weight work suffers, but occasionally I don't mind something like High Step Challenge or the original Boot Camp.

I have a lot of Cathe workouts, but definitely not all of them. I think the last series I bought was the ICE series, but I don't really remember doing them.

While I have a lot of oldies but goodies I could use to get back into working out, I'm contemplating pre-ordering the new LITE series. Any opinions on that for me? And if I were to purchase that, I'm wondering if there are any other DVDs that I've missed out on that I should pick up while I'm at it, based on my likes and dislikes.

Thanks for reading and thanks for any input.

The original Ice series would be perfect to get back into the groove. I also think the new series might interest you. Workouts are going to be shorter and low impact. With Premix options for longer workouts. You can read a summary of the series on this page. Good luck and keep us posted .

The original Ice series would be perfect to get back into the groove. I also think the new series might interest you. Workouts are going to be shorter and low impact. With Premix options for longer workouts. You can read a summary of the series on this page. Good luck and keep us posted .

Thank you Chele! I just pre-ordered the new series. It sounds like it's what I'm looking for. I think before it arrives I'm going to try the Ice series. It's always hard for me to get back into working out after taking a break. Never taken a break this long though, so I feel a little intimidated.

I am so happy your life has turned around! Yay! I would try Cathe streaming service. Or, just stick to your oldies. Body Blast series was great! Intensity Series was great! CTX series was great!

I love Rockout Knockout for boxing. I love Intensity.., great add ons! Cathes STS Cardio Series is also great! I also love Low Impact Circuit..where Cathe wears the sash belt.
Maybe just treat yourself to a dvd every couple of weeks.
Hope this helps!

Welcome back! Definitely give Cathe on Demand a try for a month. At least it will give you an idea of what workouts you might want to do/buy. Or you may even keep the on demand going. Have fun!
Sherry

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.