A reason to buy the high step...

wendymin72

Cathlete
I did the floor work from L&G yesterday for the first time ever. I do not have the high step so I had to use the fanny lifter. When I placed my heel on top it kept slipping. How annoying! I just really need to buy the high step but I keep talking myself out of it.

Convince me please! ;)

Wendy

6/13/05 Some new pics added!Check out pics of Joey's room in the "nursery" album!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/wendymin

Wendy, I waited a long time to buy it, but was very glad to have the real thing. It really makes a difference. I used to use the second stair to do leg presses and it is much betta with the High Step. Better to play it safe if the FL is slipping girl!
Judy
AKA "Likes2bfit"
sport-smiley-009.gif
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif

Hi Wendy, I used the FL when I first started doing Cathe, and I was fine with it. When I went home for a visit last year, I took the FL with me and left it there, so I can have something to use for leg presses in my subsequent visits. When I came home, I got the HS. I knew I was hooked because unlike the FL, the HS is very sturdy and can be adjusted in 2-inch increments, so you have a variety of heights. Now that Cathe has workouts that use bands with leg presses, the more I appreciate the HS. Also, the HS risers can be used with the club step, so I can have a higher "bench" when doing weight work.

The only thing I liked about the FL was that it took less storage space, and it was very easy to pack for travel.

Pinky

I invested in a High Step after using the FL for a long time. What a difference. It's so worth the money!

Alright, if you insist... ;) }(

I love my high step so much! I started out with the FL too, and it was "okay". But I didn't like being locked into 3 heights - 6", 8" and 14". 14" is actually a little too high for me for leg press (I'm a shorty), and for other things I like 4" or 10". So, I broke down and ordered the high step topper (I already had the club step with 6 risers). What a great piece of equipment! LOVE IT! So much sturdier than the FL, and the adjustability is awesome. Plus, the black and grey just looks cooler than the FL. ;) You gotta get one!

Cool...I don't have a full size step. I was afraid to invest in one due to the space issue in my room...but I have rearranged my room and have more space length wise now so I will measure it and see if it's doable now...if it is....watch out here I come! I will not only buy the high step but the club step too! How did that happen?? lol }(

Thanks ladies!

Wendy

6/13/05 Some new pics added!Check out pics of Joey's room in the "nursery" album!

Wendy, the best reason to buy the High Step (and a full-sized step) is obvious: High Step workouts!! High Step Challenge and High Step Training Advanced are really fun workouts, and offer great cross-training variety in your rotations.

Cheers,
Sandra

Hey Sandra...If I buy the high step I'm sure I will purchase a high step work out next...ofcourse, I'll have to choose between the 3 of them! Decision decisions....if the beginner one is along the lines of Basic Step/Body Fusion in difficulty I can nixx that one but I'd still have to choose between 2...I hate having choices! lol

Wendy

Thank you, Wendy and everyone who responded. You all convinced ME to buy a High Step asap! ;) lol I did HSC-beg for the first time today and I was annoyed with my FL during a few exercises.

Wendy~ HSC-beginner is really more intermediate than beginner. Harder than Body Fusion- more intense. I'm a solid intermediate and I found it to be a bit on the easy/light day side of the fence. I don't know if that helps or not, lol- but I hope so. ;)

Connie :D

Hi Wendy, I was on the ya yas swap last night and someone had both of Cathes' high step workouts the advanced oneson DVD for $20 apiece, or $35 for both. Sounds like you should check it out!! I have a high step shipping to me right now, and ordered one of those high step dvds (can't remember which one I got) I'm like you, can't wait, but kinda scared at the same time! Good Luck Carolyn

Of course I agree with Emily - get them both LOL! But if you had to choose, I would recommend High Step Challenge simply because the music is better. They're both kicka$$ workouts, and I personally don't mind the music in HSTA, but I think High Step Challenge has the best music of the entire HardCore Series.

I hope that helps,
Sandra

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.