A little worried...

Spinin28

Cathlete
Over the last 3-4 months I have noticed a steady decline in my ability to get through my Cathe workouts, previous I could go the entire 60-90 minutes and even beyond without stopping or anything. Now when I workout I have to stop and catch my breath and then begin again...Highly unusal! So I figured that is must be thyroid related and I went to my doctor and had some blood work done, and my TSH was elevated and my T4 was a bit higher than it was last time I had it checked..I have been feeling depressed, no sex drive, hair falling out like no tomorrow, tired all the time, fatigue, insomnia, can't lose weight, strange pressure in my throat..etc..One day last week I got on my Elliptical and just had got started and checked my Heart rate with my pulse monitor and..like I said I had just got started and my pulse was like 185 bpm already...I was like WTH? weird. So ever since I have been wearing a heart rate monitor to see what my pulse has been when exercising, for the most part it has been pretty normal..but it does seem to rise fairly quickly but returns to normal.

My doctor put me on Levoxyl 50 mcg last week... as we have been watching my TSH levels rise in the last 6 months. I had a full physical(if we get a full physical every year we save a lot of money on our health insurance) and all things were within normal limits.

So yesterday I was doing the 26 minute premix of HSTA and I started to have a mild chest pain when I was almost done..it was in the top ledf upper portion of my chest. The pain did not radiate to my back, neck or jaw and it was very mild and went away after about 10 minutes. I am not sure if it was true chest pain or maybe I just pulled a pec muscle slightly.

I am an RN.. but I was wondering what the rest of you think about my weird symptoms. Overall I am feeling a lot more energenic and happy since starting the medication...

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

:)

I think that one of the side effects of thyroid meds can be increased HR/palpitations. I would most definintely mention this to your doc and go have it checked out!

>How old are ya, what are your risks for heart disease? Was
>it sore to touch- usually a good sign it's not cardiac. I'd
>certainly discuss it with your primary care provider esp if it
>happens again.
>
>Catherine
>
>http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

I am 35 and I have no risks for heart disease..I don't drink or smoke and I have been exercising regularly for the last 12 years. I am 5'4 and I weigh about 140 lbs..my cholesterol was normal.

That must have been very frightening for you! I would certainly go back to the doc and be a squeaky wheel until you get some grease.

Heart disease is nothing to fool around with - even if you have no risk factors!

Let us know how it goes!

Susan L.G.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.