A Leak Problem

hoyle

problem leaking

I often wondered whether I was the only one with this problem. I found that by drinking water at least 1/2 hour before working out and then starting a little slower I was able to control this problem with good results. I also wear a pantyliner at the gym to avoid any embarrassing spots. I have just started a running program on the treadmill and too my surprize I haven't had any problem. Keep doing your pelvic exercises and good luck!

Good Housekeeping and Redbook

The November 1998 issue of Good Housekeeping had an in depth article that talks about this problem. The article was titled "The embarrassing problem we dont like to talk about. Don't suffer in slience: cures of incontinence" I guess this problem is more common then what we all realize.
Also I just got the January of 1999 issue of Redbook because a person on the VF posted a message that the Firm instructor of vol 2 was featured in this issue. I just noticed that on page 28 Redbook talks about urinary incontinence in the embarrasing question of the month column. It also shows a picture of some vaginal weights by Fem-Tone that allows you to add weight training with graduated weights. I guess you have to flex the right muscle to hold the weights in. They look just like a plastic tampon. (Sorry to be so descriptive but I could not think of any other way to describe what they look like) It also says For more info about incontinence call the American Urological Associations new toll-free hotline at 1-877-DRY-LIFE.
Hope this info helps.

Wendy

Rebounder or mini trampoline

My pelvic muscles have had lot's of wear and tear with 6 kids. I found the Firm workout 6 to be helpful but nothing has helped more than jumping on a mini trampoline. When I first started doing all high impact on the trampoline, I leaked heavily. But with everytime I jumped, my pelvic floor muscles got stronger and stronger. There is something about the way the gravity works to make your pelvic muscles stronger when you jump. Doing kegals helps but with jumping on the mini trampoline, this works the muscle without doing a kegal. Now I have strong pelvic floor muscles thanks to the mini trampline. They are about $30 so it's not too expensive. Thought I would share with you my secret.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.