A-Jock's Blast From The Past Rotation

Aquajock

Cathlete
Hello again, sportsfans:

The following is a suggested 4-week rotation after completing the HC "Faux CTX Hard Core Rotation" previously posted. The emphasis on this rotation is to return to your fave Cathes from previous years, to really build upper-end cardiovascular endurance, and to build total body muscle mass and strength. It is not for the impact-averse, and it emphasized cardio and weight usage in each workout, or most workouts. I'll leave it to the individual exerciser to select the appropriate cooldowns; time available you can pick one from one of Cathe's traditional cooldowns or use one of the Stretch Max routines, time permitting.

WEEK 1: PREGAME TAILGATE PARTY

Monday:
Body Max warm-up and traditional step segment
Boot Camp lower body premix
Boot Camp core only premix

Tuesday:
Cardio Kicks floor routine (power drills optional, time permitting)
PUB Pyramid Up premix

Wednesday:
MIC warm-up and hi/lo; EITHER CTX 10-10-10 hi/lo segment OR Boot Camp cardio only premix
Muscle Endurance ab/core routine
Muscle Endurance upper body segments only

Thursday:
Step Jump Pump step segment
PLB Pyramid UP premix

Friday:
KPC warm-up + high intensity drills; Cardio Kicks power drills
Body Max Ab segment
Body Max upper body segment

Saturday:
CTX Power Circuit warm-up through end of hi/lo segment
Hard Core Stretch Max of choice

WEEK 2: THE KICK-OFF (Circuit-Style)

Monday:
Cardio + Weights as produced, including ab segment

Tuesday:
Circuit Max warm-up until beginning of hi/lo segment; Step Jump Pump hi/lo + circuit segment
Step Jump ab segment

Wednesday:
Boot Camp as produced
Stretch Max of choice

Thursday:
High Step Advanced as produced
Slow And Heavy traditional ab routine

Friday:
Terminator's The Viper as produced
Power Hour ab segment

Saturday:
CTX Leaner Legs leg and ab routine
CTX Upper Body Split

WEEK 3: THE GAME'S AFOOT

Monday:
I-Max 2 warm up and step and blast segments, omitting recoveries by advancing to the next chapter immediately after the blast is done
Maximum Intensity Strength (MIS) ab routine
PUB Pyramid Down premix

Tuesday:
Circuit Max warm-up and hi/lo segments, fast-forwarding thru first resistance cycle; 10-10-10 hi/lo segment OR Boot Camp cardio only segment (whichever one you didn't do in week 1)
Muscle Endurance leg circuits only

Wednesday:
Step Blast (Step Blast Challenge optional, time premitting)
Slow And Heavy Core (Plank) and Ab routine
Push-Pull upper body premix

Thursday:
I-Max 1warm-up; HSTA cardio-only premix TWICE
PLB Pyramid Down premix

Friday:
CTX Power Circuit warm-up and hi/lo segment; Step Jump Pump hi/lo add-on premix
KPC ab/core routine on stability Ball
Legs & Glutes short-duration premix (not too familiar with those, so take your pick)

Saturday:
Rhythmic Step warm-up only
Stretch Max of choice

WEEK 4: THE HAIL-MARY PASS

Monday:
Circuit Max heavy barbell leg squats, plie squats and lunges ONLY (instead of compound upper/lower body resistance cycles with dumbbells); optional to add on Cardio Kicks power drills with final squat/lunge sequence
CTX Kickbox core/ab routine
CTX Upper Body Split chest

Tuesday:
The Oh-My Mish-Mosh: I-max 1 warm-up; CTX Power Circuit circuit segment; Boot Camp cardio+lower body segment
CTX Leaner Legs ab routine
CTX Upper Body Split triceps (warm-up with a set of push-ups)

Wednesday:
Body Max step warm-up; Body Max Power Circuit segment
Cardio+Weights ab segment
CTX Upper Body Split Back

Thursday:
The Terminator's Viper as produced
CTX Upper Body Split Shoulders

Friday:
Circuit Max warm-up; Step Jump Pump Hi/Lo Circuit segment (as produced)
PUB ab routine
CTX Upper Body Split Biceps

SATURDAY:
GAUNTLET RE-IMAGINED (search for this in the Open Discussion Forums "Advanced Search" feature with "Gauntlet Re-Imagined" subject only)
CTX Power Circuit plank / ab routine

Enjoy! Let me know if you have questions!

Love,

A-Jock

Wow A-Jock! You've been biiizzzy! It's so kind of you to put these together. I'm one that needs these. Today was a day I didn't have anything planned and I stood and looked at my DVD's for 15 minutes, running out of time before I finally grabbed Imax 3! I don't always follow a rotation, but having some kind of structure sure helps!

Thanks a bunch! :) :)
Jo

Thanks Aquajock! You really came through with another quality rotation. Now I am more motivated to finish the first!

Thanks again,

Hilarie

WOW Aquajock! This looks great. Thank you!! I will have to print it out and put in the the binder that I have just for your rotations and mish-moshes.

Okay A.J. I got to Wednesday, first week & I'm sold. I just think Cathe, needs to put you on her payroll!

Marl

I wanted to bump and thank A-Jock for doing this. I am currently doing this rotation and really enjoying it!

Annette:

Now the ultimate would be a rotation that includes ALL the DVDs; sort of a blast from the past crossed with HC rotation. I know in your spare (;) ) time you'll get to that.

I keep thinking Cathe will post one, but I bet you'll do it first!

Foodie Sue - The Ultimate Rotation you're suggesting would require five hours each day eight days a week, and last for six months.

Hmmmmm . . . sounds "cherce" to me!

Thanks again for your good thoughts! Glad you're enjoying it! Consider, after Blast From The Past, the Plyo-Lunge-Plie-Jack rotation I posted a couple of months ago. I'll bump that one for you.

A-jock

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.