A "good" blow dryer?

The 3500 or 3600 was actually my first choice from Misikko, but it was backordered so they substituted the FHI for it. After spending money to ship the FHI back I was hesitant to try another one I couldn't return locally. Ulta here carried the SuperSolano and the one I got. That's really the only reason. I do really like it and definitely feel the wattage feels more manageable with my fine hair. I probably would have gone with the one from Misikko but I figured if I kept spending $11 to ship dryers back an expensive dryer would be that much more expensive! I think the most valuable thing I learned is to keep my wattage 1875 or a bit lower. Do wish it came with a diffuser but think it's a keeper. It doesn't have the heavy duty motor some have (is it AC?) and that's what makes it lighter. I haven't accidentally pushed the buttons while drying so they must be in the right place!

Jen

Thanks for responding, Jen.

I got the basic Solano from Folica (excellent dryer) but decided to return it for something ionic. I hear you on the shipping--it was almost $13 to send it back (but I was glad that I could). I had already sent in my old dryer for the $40 rebate (which was really a $30 rebate because of the cost of shipping the old dryer--but still a good deal). So I wanted to stay with Folica, and they didn't have the 3300. I also made myself crazy researching. It really makes me feel better that you did so much research and decided on similar models of the same brand.;) Folica really pushes the Sedu 4000i, but I was nervous about it because while most reviews were great, there were a few terrible ones (plus it was $30 more). I needed to make a decision because my 30 days were running out. I'm hoping the 3500 fits the bill. 1800 watts should be plenty for my and DD's hair--2200 watts would blow our hair to Oz.:eek:

Elsie - when you use it you'll either have to get on this thread or PM me to let me know how you like it! Part of my problem was also impatience waiting for all the shipping. Just received a credit notification from Misikko so that's good. Never did I guess I'd stress myself out so much researching hair dryer brands and models. I will say though - I've had some good hair days and today was particularly good ;)

Elsie - when you use it you'll either have to get on this thread or PM me to let me know how you like it! Part of my problem was also impatience waiting for all the shipping. Just received a credit notification from Misikko so that's good. Never did I guess I'd stress myself out so much researching hair dryer brands and models. I will say though - I've had some good hair days and today was particularly good ;)

I'm definitely getting impatient with the shipping thing. I sent my return parcel post, so it's not even going to get back to Folica until the 12th. Having seen what a good hairdryer can do for my hair, it's super hard not to have one now. The regular Solano left my hair so soft but there were still flyaways, so that's why I decided to go with an ion one. I justified that as long as I was taking the plunge, I would always regret not spending a bit more and getting exactly what I wanted. I've got a Helen of Troy hand-me-down right now. Powerful and fast drying, but leaves my hair looking and feeling like straw.:eek:

I've been using the 3300 Xtralite for about a year now and have had no problems with it. My hair is fine and dries very fast anyway but this one does the job for me and I like the lighter weight.

I have and love the Chi Rocket, I bought it because my stylist uses it. Once I upgraded from Conair style dryers, it's impossible to ever go back. I had a T3 but it broke in a couple of years. I have had and used my Chi for many years, now, the price has gone up quite a bit, so it was definitely worth it at 125. If this one breaks, I may just have to check out this Solana brand next time though.

Buy CHI Rocket Professional Hair Dryer #GF2100 & More | drugstore.com

I used my Solano 3500 for the first time today. Actually, DD was the first to use it, and I didn't even know because it is so quiet. She has tons of gorgeous hair that is down to the small of her back. It looked really soft and shiny. I was really pressed for time, so I didn't even try to 'style' my hair with the dryer. I used a brush only on my bangs so they wouldn't stick up. My hair was dry in 5 minutes and was straight. It was a bit frizzy on the ends in one spot because I didn't blow it out (and because I need a trim). I would have run over it quickly with a curling iron just to smooth it out--but no time. An hour later, though, it was silky smooth and perfectly straight. My hair is so soft that I keep running my fingers through it because it feels so good.

The dryer is much lighter than my old one. The only negative reviews I could find on it was that a few people thought it didn't get hot enough. That wasn't an issue for me, so I didn't care. Well, it gets PLENTY hot. I was using the highest heat setting to start with, but had to turn it down because it was too hot on my scalp. It is 1800 watts, but plenty powerful. Any more air speed would be too much for my hair.

How great is it that I can do my hair in 5 minutes? Before, I was having to blow dry it and then section and straighten it with an iron--very time consuming. And the back never laid like it was supposed to. I'm very happy.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.