A good belly lotion?

melimcn

Cathlete
OK I realize that this is somewhat futile in my efforts, but I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good lotion to put on your belly?

I know stretch marks are most hereditary and also have to do with how fast you gain weight in pregnancy. I am certainly working hard to keep the latter in check. But if I can add lubing my bump to the list of things that may be preventative...I'm gonna give it a try!

I have Aveeno at home, but I'm not sure if there is something better.

Any suggestions?

Hello! I am 29 weeks and have had good luck so far with Beautiful Belly Balm I got from Whole Foods. You can also find it on the internet. It is made by Wiseways. I also mix the balm with Emu oil and slather it on. If you aren't familiar with Emu oil, you really should try it. It's great for all sorts of skin issues. I get mine from uniquelyemu.com. Hope this helps!
~Ann

Vitamin E oil is what I used, of course it didn't help. :(
~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

I used vit E oil also with the palmers cocoa butter. I cant say that it worked at all. If anything else your baby will appreciate the rub down. : ) goodluck

melissa

I used Palmers cocoa butter with my first child and it worked wonders. I got lazy with my second child and didn't keep it up. However, be forewarned, that when I used it, I craved cocoa pebbles.

I am due in a few days and have been using Burts Bee's belly rub. I have not one stretch mark and my belly is big. My mother and sister both got them, so i swear by this stuff. It is thick and creamy and i use it about 3 times a day.

I have been really enjoying layering a body oil followed by a lotion. Two of my fav's in each catagory are Burt's Bees baby oil and Clarins tonic oil. For lotions I love,the brand "Fresh" Sugar Lychee lotion and Ole Henricksen has a new Red Tea Warming Body Souffle that is awesome(just be careful not to get it too close to certain areas,LOL). I also love to start off with a salt or sugar scrub in the shower because it leaves the skin smooth and soft.They can be pricey but Trader Joe's actually has both for like 6.99 for a big jar and honestly ,they feel just as great as the 20.00 bottle of salt scrub.Keep yourself well hydrated and good luck and have fun pampering your self as I am sure you so deserve :)

I used Johnson's Baby Oil GEL with Vitamin E every night and I have absolutely no stretch marks after three pregnancies! I have told my pregnant friends to use this and they have no stretch marks either! I agree that stretch marks are mainly genetic, but this stuff is super cheap and worked for me and my friends! :)

I used Palmer's body butter, or whatever it was called! It worked great for me, and I didn't get any stretch marks. I also drank a lot of water to keep hydrated and flush toxins. I think any lotion will help, and keep the itching down!

I also use Burt's bees mamma bee belly rub. I'm 37 weeks and so far (crossing fingers) I don't have any stretch marks. Up until about a month ago I used it once a day and now most days I use it twice a day. Good luck.

Amy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.