A funny thing about meso 2 legs (trisets)...

michefit

Cathlete
This is my second time through STS. The first time I did the trisets for legs in meso 2 I stopped after week 2 because my legs were actually getting thicker and bulkier. I thought I would stick with this time around. I have really noticed DOMS with these workouts. Again my legs have seemed "swollen" by week two. Now that I am almost finished week four a funny thing has happened - my legs have actually leaned out and gotten some nice definition. A very big accomplishment for my short legs!

I guess my point is that maybe the initial "extra blood flow" caused the thickness until the muscle could grow and create the new definition? I am not sure - but another reason for me to love this program. Just thought I'd share...

Good to hear! I just started Meso 2, and I could only do the first 2 sets of trisets in the first leg workout with my workout card weights (about the first 30 min.). I went upstairs right after and barely made it up, and I really almost fell down the stairs on the way down b/c my legs were just completely spent. I don't know how anyone does the whole thing...that was several days ago and I still have a little soreness left (the next day my quads were more sore than they've every been in my life...every inch of them).

Good to hear! I just started Meso 2, and I could only do the first 2 sets of trisets in the first leg workout with my workout card weights (about the first 30 min.). I went upstairs right after and barely made it up, and I really almost fell down the stairs on the way down b/c my legs were just completely spent. I don't know how anyone does the whole thing...that was several days ago and I still have a little soreness left (the next day my quads were more sore than they've every been in my life...every inch of them).

Your mention of almost falling down the stairs made me chuckle... yes those are the days I wonder why I torture myself. I think Cathe actually said somewhere on twitter "sore today...stronger tomorrow" that and the hope for results helps me hang in there. But sometimes I really hate leg day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.