A first...

jozi1980

I remember recently reading a thread about the pikes on the ball in KPC, and having never attempted them myself thinking..."those don't look too hard!" Well, was I WRONG!!! I had my first near death pike experience last night while finishing up KPC. I guess I got a little too enthusiastic and proceeded to end up in a handstand and subsequently crashed into my coffe table. I think I laughed for 2 solid minutes (that's an ab workout, right?) Scared the hell out of my cats too!
So, now that I have been humbled by the pike, I understand that thread all to well!!!

Josie:eek:

These are nearly impossible to do if you're on carpet!

I do mine in the kitchen (linoleum), sometimes when the kids are eating, lol.

Marie

LOL....I did my second attempt at pikes at the end of PUB yesterday.
Yes it is definitely humbling. While I haven't "crashed" yet, I can do about 1 to every 2 of Cathe's! I am concentrating so hard so I don't crash it's not even funny. Then I burn out before the one legged lifts at the end. I hope to get to those by the third time!

Paula

LOL! When I first seen that move, I did not attempt it. I thought Cathe was a crazed woman for doing that and I got use to the ball with other moves as the ball just seem to move all over the place for me in the beginning...got my core alittle more stable before I attempted that daring move....worked my way up to it. First time around was hard, but I do them all the time now without a problem.

I can kinda do them when I'm not flailing over the coffee table, but not on my toes like Cathe does. Does that room they're in have less gravity than my living room or something? I'll just blame my carpet...good idea...BAD CARPET!!!
x(

>I can kinda do them when I'm not flailing over the coffee
>table, but not on my toes like Cathe does. Does that room
>they're in have less gravity than my living room or something?
>I'll just blame my carpet...good idea...BAD CARPET!!!
>x(

I only do pikes on my yoga mat, it is sticky enough that it keeps the ball from rolling away and keeps my hands from slipping

Thanks to everyone for your advice! I'm sure I'll be back on the ball (hee hee hee pun intended!!!) in no time :p

Josie

I can relate to this well. The first time I saw the pike I said "nooooo way"! I can do them but like someone else said, I do one for every two Cathe does. And last week I was wearing a baggy t-shirt while working out and the darn thing fell down over my face while I was in pike position. Gotta watch what you're wearing when you're going almost upsidedown! ;-)

>These are nearly impossible to do if you're on carpet!
>
>I do mine in the kitchen (linoleum), sometimes when the kids
>are eating, lol.
>
>Marie

So in reality I can do them! I workout on carpet is this a good excuse.

beth6395

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.