"A big Hug & Thanks to Cathe & her Team (reposted)

cocob1

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,
I posted this over in the Open Discussion and Kathryn suggested I re-post my note over here where you might actually see it. :)

I tore my supraspunatus tendon last spring and had surgery last May to repair the tendon, remove a bone spur and debrided my labrum. I sat in a mechanical chair for 6 weeks and had to wear a sling for 6 weeks. I couldn't start hands on PT until July 1st. I was given the ok to do any exercise by my PT August 1st and that's when I restarted STS but with 1#,2#,3# & 5# DB's and only a 10# barbell. I used to do 60# BB and up to 22# DB. I was starting all over. I finished a STS 3 1/2 month rotation in late October with up to 12# DB and 30# BB. I now run 3 miles 3x a week. Today my PT asked if I could do some push ups leaning on a wall. I said I can do more than that! I did 20 reps of on my toes full push ups. He was astounded. Oh yea. I'm 56 years old. Thanks Cathe for helping me stay healthy and strong and for teaching me how to work and stay focused even after the disappointment of rehab and starting all over.:D
Love,
Colleen
PS
STS rocks. I got stronger even with little or no weight. I'm now doing the December rotation and loving it. Can't wait until Shock Cardio comes out.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.