6 Monthers, STS Monday the 6th

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning!

I just wanted to get us started real quick. I have to go dry my hair before it stands up straight! :)

This morning's workout...iTread set 1, 40 minutes. It was actually 35ish minutes of running and 5 minutes of stretch, with a HUGE hill int he beginning a few small in between. I logged 3.71 miles and at the end, I thought it felt easy. Made me want to jump back on the TM and do it AGAIN! :eek: Then I tacked on core and stretch from LIS from 4DS (got all those abbreviations???)!

OK.....be back in a bit, promise! There were a few things I wanted to comment on from the past few days' posts that you all shared!

Gayle

Good morning everyone.

Gayle I can't believe how early you get up and exercise. I was still sleeping when you posted. I noticed you posted early last night and your kids were in bed already!! My kids (8 and 10) dont go to bed until 9pm. And since they are on vacation this week and my nephew slept over they were up until 10. You must exhaust your kids during the day to get them in bed so early-like making them walk 4 miles to get ice cream-LOL!!!

Mary- Don't be jealous of me. I don't have too much control over the weekends. I'm like you, I work my but off, have something I shouldn't have and end up bingeing for the rest of the day (maybe sometimes into the next) And I know what its like to take 3-4 days to get back to where you were. It is very frustrating!!:( I happen to have a good weekend, so I have to keep the momentum going. WE CAN DO THIS! WE CAN DO THIS!
I tend to eat more when the kids are home. Which they are off this week for spring break, so we'll see what happens. I am taking them to play laser tag today.

Jo- so are you sore today? I am a little tight in the chest and shoulders but not at all in the triceps. I think next workout I will probably feel it more, when I work out all the kinks. I had to stop the dvd alot to get my squat rack in the right place and adjust weights because I started off too heavy. But I definitely like the pace and style of this meso more than meso 1. I am looking foward to doing legs. I know I will feel these!!

Kim- welcome back. Did you have a good time in vegas? Did you have any -"What happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas" moments-LOL:eek:.

Have a great day everyone
chrissy

OK, I went back and checked on what I wanted to reply about. In other words....PERSONALS for ya:

Cendrine – tempeh….sounds interesting. I’ve bought tofu several times and NEVER, not once, got around to opening it simply because of the appearance of it! LOL Is tempeh similar to that, and how does it actually TASTE? I liked that you shared what it’s MADE OF, which I found very interesting….that puts my opinion on it on a little bit of a better level now! HA! Did you enjoy your rest day yesterday??? GREAT JOB on your clean eating/carb successes! One more thing….those almonds sound good (although I prefer the taste of milk chocolate). I giggled when you said you were ready for Meso 2…”I checked my 1 RMs and printed my cards, I got the Epsom salt”. lol on the Epsom salt!

Mary – how did you end up, weather-wise yesterday/last night??? As for the bench press…I have a bench that fortunately has the rack attached to it. I just wish it weren’t attached. The exact placement is off just a tad for me and it makes it a LITTLE bit uncomfortable. I’m going to play with the height of it to see if I can tweek it. I would not be able to do the bench presses with the weight I’m using, if I didn’t have that rack. And I’ll repeat what I said last night….forget about the SINGLE day of eating…move onward! TODAY! WE CAN DO IT! As for my friends…they all know my ‘addiction’ to working out, as well as my eating. I try to keep it low key and not appear to be high maintenance…but Saturday night for the Pizza Hut thing, I was sort of cranky (which has to do with my boyfriend…which is another story another time) so I was really REALLY biting my tongue to not be rude. Usually, they all are okay with it, and usually I can find several things on a menu to order, but PIZZA HUT??? Everybody around me is supportive for the most part. If we cookout or eat together, I usually do the cooking so I can completely control what goes in/on the food, and if we’re eating at their house, then I bring something along that everyone will eat and is CLEAN!

Jo – Did you get that trail walk in? How ya feeling today after starting MESO 2, BABY??????? I agree with you that I love this style of lifting much better than endurance work!!! Did ya wear a hat today??? You did FANTASTIC with DH’s BDay dinner, girl! WOO HOO! Oh, and I WISH I didn’t like cheesecake! LOL (and thanks on the reminder about Belinda….I’ll PM her right now). As for iTread workouts. I actually prefer them over the CC workouts, to be quite honest. I am so anal sometimes…LOL….I like the iTreads simply because the trainer (Grace) gives you specific numbers to run at or hills to run up (or a range of numbers) in different categories (walkers, joggers and runners). It’s more of a specific workout, as opposed to the perceived exertion. Know what I mean? I love them and have almost every one of them. Having said that, I like CC very much too! :)

Chrissy – Wanna know my secret to doing bench presses alone (meaning there’s no spotter in case I can’t get the barbell back up on the rack)? lol DON’T LAUGH! When I load my weight on the barbell, I don’t put the clips on either end. This way, if I get the bar down but can’t get it back up, I can tilt it to one side and allow the plates to slide off, and then I can stand the bar up. lol Luckily, I haven’t had to do that, but I’ve gotten close once or twice! LOL BE CAREFUL! On a note on that…I noticed on disc 13 that Cathe’s rack is pretty low, which means she doesn’t have to lift the barbell up too high if she is struggling to get it back up. GREAT JOB ON THE 3# LOSS, girl!!! As for my kids and bedtime. They are 8 and 11 and on school nights it’s 8pm bedtime. By the time I turn the hall light out and walk down stairs, they’re asleep! LOL They get up around 7:10am, and that’s with me waking them, so I know they need that sleep. Now, break starts Wednesday so they’ll be up later. Still, my older DS will say “can I go to bed now” around 10:30 or so. LOL Younger DS will stay up to welcome the sunrise. Tonight…even though it’s a school night, the NCAA final game is on at 9pm and I am letting them stay up to watch that….it will make an interesting morning tomorrow, that’s for sure! LOL

KIM’S BACK from Vegas!!! How was it???? Fill us in when you get a minute! And I agree with the eating out…..it’s just so HEAVY and different than our normal at-home fare! And yeah….STS Legs (no matter what disc #) just sticks with you for a few days, doesn’t it???

Gayle

Gayle- I like your idea about the bench press. It would have come in handy yesterday! My kids get up between 6 -6:30 am- no matter what time they go to bed. They are usually up before me.

chrissy

Happy Monday ladies!! I started Meso 2 this morning with disc 13. It was completely different and this is a completely new style of lifting for me. I really liked it. It will take me a little while to get used to the longer breaks, but it was great. I dropped the soap twice in the shower afterwards b/c my upper body was spent. :p So I'll let you know how I feel tomorrow...LOL! I'm gonna have to modify this week a little bit b/c I'm going to the mountains this weekend with DH's family so I'll do STS disc 14 on Wed and disc 15 on Thurs since we are leaving Thurs evening and I can't take all the equipment for STS with me and I'll do my cardio while on the trip.

Sorry i missed the weekend. I dont always get online on the weekends, plus my home laptop died, but I did get in my "long run" on Sat - around 4.5 miles!

Sounds like everyone had a great weekend! And glad to hear the vegas trip was great Kim!

Chrissy, I love the Beck book so far. I'm around day 12/13, but I'm not doing a new one everyday. I wanted to track my hunger more than one day before moving on so I'm going at a different pace. I am an emotional eater as well....rough day....I crave all sorts of foods for no reason so I think this book is really going to help me. I love the advantages cards so far. I keep them in my food journal in my purse to read whenever I need them. I still have a ways to go in conquering the eating, but I'm definitely improving. Baby steps...LOL! I hope the book helps you too. I am still working on eating more slowly as well....for some reason, that is really hard for me.....

Gayle/Mary, my weight isn't too heavy yet, but I am on edge waiting on Cathe's tower to come out to assist me with the bench press and pullup/chinups. I was okay today b/c my barbell isn't too loaded yet, but since I store my wo stuff in my sunroom and wo in the living room, I need something light like her tower to move and store easily. Be careful with your heavy weights! and WTG on your amazing strength! :D

Have a great day everyone and I'll try to catch up more later in the day! I have to get some work done first so I can play.....hehe!

Hi All!

Recovery week has officially started. I did ccv4 and stability ball abs circuit. Tomorrow I am going to brave ccv5!

I feel good after my run today, I finally figured out my heartrate numbers so I can work at the right levels. First I did the one where they do the 220 minus age or something and that just felt too easy. So I took my resting heartrate (before getting up yesterday) it was 51 and that adjusted my target heartrates up a bit which I felt on the treadmill this morning, working harder and acutally loving it. I never ever thought I would hear myself saying that, even 10 years ago I would have cringed at it... But now I just love it!

Gayle, LOL on your trick for the bench presses, my husband would so yell at me if I did that :) He even calls me on dropping the dumbells on the carpet from half an inch above the ground....
As far as Tempeh goes, I think it is actually more clean than tofu, meaning, it takes more processing to make tofu than it does tempeh, but I'm not an expert.... Tofu, in my opinion you really have to marinate well in order for it to be yummy, I like the baked kind at the stores because it already has some added flavor. But tofu makes a great base for blended sauces and such. Tempeh's taste is a little hard to describe. If you are going to try it I would suggest you try one that has some addes stuff, like veggies or something and then cook it with garlic and soy sauce to make sure it is salty enough for you (I'm a huge salt lover... I hope my bloodpressure stays low so I can keep doing it.... :)

Jo, never mind the misread on t he bodyfat % you will reach that goal quickly regardless. Great job on your eating so well for the weekend. and yeah, I wish I hated cheesecake!
You and Chrissy both mentioned weak arms after disk 13, that will so be me! I will not be drying my hair that day! :)

Mary, how is your back on the wagon eating going today? I know it is frustrating how many days it takes to get back to where you were after one day or so of not watching it. I get that too. And that is why, like Gayle said, I try not to go there anymore, it just doesn't seem worth it. On the other hand, I have a tendency to overreact to binges where I feel like I have to make up for it by eating less and working out more the following week which is a bad thing for me. So I try to focus on staying moderate and when I do let loose one day, I just get back to normal eating the next day instead of trying to make up for it. I always defeat myself if I try, so just getting back to a normal plan is my plan and ignore the guilt and frustration demon...

Asudaisy, I hope you get all your workouts done as planned so you can enjoy your weekend in the mountains. Sounds nice!

Ok, that's it for now from me! Have a great day!

Good Morning All! I'm running a little late so will post more later. I did Body Max 2 TimeSaver Cardio this morning along with Weights and Plates. I didn't work my abs last week either and I did the plate exercises better than I had previously (rest really WORKS! Who'd thought?? :eek:) :D

Good Morning Gayle, I did get on the Trail last night (drug DH out with me) and we walked 4 miles (this is hilly horse/gravel trail - hardly any flat). It actually got up to 70 here yesterday and it's supposed to be 70 AGAIN today so it was a beautiful walk!

Good Morning Crystal, I forgot you were starting this week with Chrissy and me! YEAH! So that puts 4 of us in Meso 2!

Good Morning Cendrine and Chrissy! My shoulders are actually not as bad as they were yesterday but they are pretty tight...it'll be a short shampoo today! :D (The real test will be putting on my makeup!) My chest is really feeling it - my triceps a tad, but not like my chest and shoulders. I slept really good last night!

One thing I notice about clean eating is I have so much more energy for my morning workouts. Do you guys notice this too?

Anyway, I'll check back later - hello Mary, Julie, Maggie, Tracy, and Kim! Hope I didn't miss anyone! :eek::eek::eek:

Jo

HAPPY MONDAY EVERYBODY!!!

OK-I did Meso 10 this morning and those drop sets for the shoulders were a killer. I have been able to stick with my 1RM pretty much up to this point, but I swear someone got into my program and altered the #'s. Gayle, I don't know how you did it with those heavy weights for the shoulders. My WC said to start with 20's, then 16's and end with 13's. I barely tweeked out 7 with the 20's. That was really, really tough!! I am feeling it already :eek::eek:. I particularly don't like the barbell curls with the band either. I will look for a lighter weight band when I repeat next week. I struggled with that move also, but I'm going to blame it on a stiff band :p:p:p.

I woke up to about 5" of snow this morning, with another 2-4 forecasted before the end of the day. It's hard having a really nice day where a light jacket would suffice, to having to dig out boots & gloves again. That's Michigan for you!

I have a great attitude today and I am very focused! I am eating my lunch while I post (Tilipia, brown rice and yogurt) and I'm back on the right path. DS in on his spring break, so I get to take a lunch hour all this week, and that really helps break up my day.

If anybody happens to read a post about the Cathe Tower please let me know. I don't always get on the other forums, and I would like to order as soon as it's announced.

Gayle-I may have to try your trick with the barbell move until I get a rack or Cathe's tower. I need a "way out" just in case I can't get the bar off of me. I will be working out in the basement starting with Meso 2, in the early morning, and there would be no way my DH or DS would hear me if I ran into trouble. I err on the side of caution always when lifting, but let's face it, Cathe really has us pushing harder than ever before
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Chrissy-Lazer tag sounds like a fun way to spend the day. My DS could play lazer tag all day, then ask him to clean his room and he is suddenly exhausted. I need to get a motivational sticker to place on my fridge so I think twice before openning. Maybe the sound of a cow MOOING when the fridge door opens (It's a thought!!)

Cystal- 4.5 mile run. WTG - Do you run the roads or treadmill? I haven't hit the road yet, but will when the warmer weather comes our way. We are in a rural area, and our dirt roads have been so muddy for the past month, I would come home covered in mud. A weekend in the mountains sounds fantastic. You may have some really sore legs after doing Disc 15, so trail walking may be a bit of a challenge. Just don't let them see you cringe!!!!!!

Cendrine-My weekend binge is a thing of the past. With you and everyone else discussing clean eating, and body fat ratio's, I have no choice but to follow suit. Someday we may all meet, and I need to be sporting a "Cathe Workout Body" if that time ever comes
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Jo-I am so jealous that you live on/by a walking trail. I have to drive into town about 7 miles away to enjoy our walking path, so it's easy to talk myself out of it. It's nice walking on our dirt road, but the cars drive by so fast and throw up stones. Tends to be a bit dangerous, and people out in the country don't always tie up their dogs, so you never know if doggie is going to be friendly or not when they race out to the road to great you~

Kim-Glad you returned safely. Hope you have some fun stories to share with us! No holding back the good stuff (remember, we won't tell ;););))

OK, my lunch hour is over, so time to get BUSY.... I'll check back later when I have more time. Have a great day!!!

Mary

Gayle,

LOL - I see that you're not going to let anything slip by you!! I have to remember to dot my i's and cross my t's. I guess it could be wishful thinking on the MES0 10, but more like lack of checking my post before sending!!!!:D:eek::):(:confused::mad::p;):p:cool::eek:

Mary

Okay ladies, we're having email trouble so I'm able to sneak back in here....yay for others on the same week as me....this is my 1st week through, you guys too? I'm still working on catching up and who's who, so I apologize.....and are a lot of you guys doing the cardio coach thing? I'm not real sure what that is, guess I need to do some research, but I think that's what the CCV# is right?

Mary, I run both. Mostly in the winter I just did runs on the treadmill, but for the past few weeks I've been doing 2 high intensity interval runs on the TM and then my "long runs" outside. On Sat I ran around my neighborhood and the neighborhood across the street....both are hilly so it's a good wo and needed b/c I think my 10K race has a few decent hills. Last week and hopefully this week my TM runs will be an advanced tempo routine and advanced speed routine. With my trip I might have to push the speed one back a week. Then I believe it's next week I so a hill tm routine....yikes! :eek: We might have to just plan the next 2 weeks by ear b/c of the trip this week and I'm running a 5K the following Sat. But I build in an extra week or so of my 10K training just in case so I should be fine. I'm sorry that it's been so muddy there....unfortunately we've had a ton of rain lately too and I've only done about 4 outdoor runs this year, but hoping that spring shows up soon.....it was here this weekend and then left.....who knows when it'll be back?

Hello Everyone! I am sorry I hav not posted in a few days. Things are a little rough around here with my divorce. I ended up not doing disc 9 last week. Today I spent the day in court and still have not worked out. I have a killer migraine. Bla Bla Bla...

I am hoping to get back on track tomorrow. It is so hard to stay motivated and focused when my STBX (soon to be ex) is drving me nuts.

I saw Galye's ORM on her profile . Girl you are like Superwoman!! So now I am wondering what other people are using for weights. I feel like such a weakling! For my upperbody I pretty much use between 6 and 12.5 pounds. Lower body I am using between 8 and 12.5.

Jo, what do you use to measure your body fat? I got weighed in a tank last summer and it was very very cool! Actually it came up with almost the same number's that I got from using a caliper.

Good luck to everyone!

julie

Hi Again Everybody,

Well the good news is that we didn't get the addt'l snow they were forecasting. The temps got up to 38 degrees, so a lot of the snow we got last night has already melted!!

Just doing a quick post before settling in for the night! Your reviews are driving me absolutely nuts for Meso 2! I'm actually drooling listening to the DOM's stories. I'm ordering the pace weights tomorrow. I wish we had a local store that sold them, but I've checked around and not finding anything. I needed them today, because in some cases my platemates added an addt'l 1/2# over my 70% and it's amazing how heavy an extra 1/2# is when I'm already tapped out. Hopefully I can find a site that offers free shipping. Did any of you purchase a weighted vest, and if so, are you using it? I have one lined up, but haven't had to use it up to this point (and the list keeps getting longer & longer).

Julie-So sorry to hear that you've had a rough couple of days. I hope you have supportive friends/family to help you get through your divorce. Concentrate on the good things, and try not to compare your weight lifting with others. Do the best you can and feel great that we have almost made it through Meso 1. That is a major accomplishment in itself. Every day is a blessing, even with the crap thrown in!!!!!

Jo-Did you actually have to ask Gayle about the i-Tread workouts? Now you know we will have to go online and check it out! Did I happened to mention that the lists keeps getting longer & longer :eek::eek:. I guess there could be worse things. My shoe shopping fetish has been put on hold for awhile so I can buy my workout gear. DH just shakes his head and walks away (Smart Man
icon12.gif
).

Crystal-If you search online for Cardio Coach, there is a lot of information about the volumes available. They are on sale for less than $5.00 and they are downloadable. The workouts really help break up the boredom of most cardio workouts, in my case running. I think you will really enjoy them! I will be checking out the i-Tread workouts that Gayle recommends. I get bored easily, so having a little variety is a good thing.

Well, my DS is bugging me to use the computer, so I'm going to say goodbye. Hi to everybody that checks in tonight. Have a great evening!!!

Gayle, I didn't have a chance to proof my post, be KIND!!!!!

Julie, don't compare yourself to anybody, especially ME! LOL Seriously, we're all different, in so many ways. But thanks for the STRONG comment. GRRRRRRRR! LOL

Mary, I knew you'd appreciate my calling you on that typo! But just imagine.....STS with 10 Mesocycles! LOL

OK, this is my last post of the night. I have disc 14 Legs tomorrow and I need to go to the basement and get my area set up. I'm SOOOOOOOOO looking forward to it! I have loved working legs for a long time now, and STS is just making me happier and happier!!!

Gayle

Wow, Vegas wiped me out! I just feel exhausted today. I was dragging all day at work and then took dd to piano lessons. I did a quick read of some of the posts but going to head to bed early. Hopefully will catch up tomorrow while watching TBL! Kim

Okay hello again! I wish I was on my way to meet all of you for a healthy dinner and some great fun fitness talk! But alas, some of you are already in bed and I’m just getting home from work! :D

Gayle, back to the trail…I live at the top of a hill and along side a pipeline/horse trail. It runs along the side my house but our house is hidden. It goes all the way to the mountains (about 50 miles or something). I’ve biked a lot of it before but you have to be in great shape! I can’t bike up some of the hills (but maybe after STS!) At the bottom of my hill is a paved bike/running trail it’s about 37 miles. No excuse for not using the TRAILS! So should we BUY iTRAIN? Inquiring minds want to know!

Chrissy, as the day wears on my shoulders and chest are worse and worse! I’m looking forward to doing legs tomorrow so they can hurt worse than the rest of me! How are you feeling?

Crystal, how are you feeling after Disc 13? Are you sore? Sounds like you had similar shower experience I had! Hope your DOMS cooperates with your planned weekend!

Cendrine, enjoy this rest week – think how strong you’ll be and READY to start Meso 2! I can’t wait for you to get started with this! I think you’ll love the change in pace as well. Boy you have a great resting heart rate! I haven’t checked mine in a while but I think last time mine was about 54.

Mary, 5” of snow? Are you kidding me? Glad you’re back on track with your eating! It’s going to be a great week! You would love my trail! I also saw your Meso 10 and almost spit my coffee! But I knew Gayle would have something to say and I was right! :D That was good! So is this your first or second week of week 4? LOL, yes, I HAD to ask Gayle about iTrain…I just had to know…I don’t want to miss out! Ahem, and yes my shoe shopping is on hold along with my books and my…and my…I seem to go through phases! :D

Julie, I’m so sorry, I didn’t know you are going through these trying times at home. I hope everything gets worked out to your satisfaction. Use your workouts to help relieve your stress! (I know easier said than done.) Don’t worry about what you’re lifting! I have posted before about my chicken wings, my inability to do pushups, blah blah. I can go as heavy as 20 for a couple of things, but for the most part my upper is 8, 10, 12, 15 (and still 5’s thrown in). But I do have legs of steel! I’m using one of those Omron handheld BF gadgets to measure my BF.

Kim, can’t wait to hear about your trip! What workout are you doing tomorrow? We missed you!

Talk to you all tomorrow! :D:eek::cool::rolleyes::D:D

Jo

Oops, I forgot a couple of things:

Mary, I bought a weighted vest but haven’t used it yet. I have to look at the Meso 2 legs to see if I need it or not. What I did buy that I have used a lot are those weighted gloves! And I highly recommend them. They have two ½ pound “bags” in each of them which you can remove as needed. These are the same gloves Cathe is wearing in the weights and plates workout. So I’ve been using them for those odd increments like 9 lbs.

Crystal, Cardio Coach is incredible! Mary and I started it about the same time and both got hooked! Actually Kim had a little to do enabling me as well as many others on the forum! Go to www.cardiocoach.com They are all $4.95 each.

The other thing I forgot to tell you guys is that my refrigerator is fixed! The technician came out and it turns out the “reset” the installers were doing had to be done with the door open! Scheesch! Anyway, it is now installed and loaded and DH and I are both happy! :D

EVERYONE EAT CLEAN EAT CLEAN EAT CLEAN EAT CLEAN!!!!!!!!

WE CAN DO THIS WE CAN DO THIS WE CAN DO THIS WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

Jo

Jo, how bad are your DOMS from Disc 13?

Gee, Jo, my chest is so sore my bra straps are hurting me. The bra MUST GO! When DH hugged me, it was painful! My shoulders are so sore they feel like they've both had tetnus shots in multiple places! My triceps could hardly hold me when I squatted down to pick a piece of paper up the from under the kitchen table (leaning on a chair seat with my arm). But other than that and the fact that tomorrow may be worse (remember I did this workout SUNDAY!) I feel great! I sure have been eating clean! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Jo

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.