6 Monthers STS Alumni, Week of Dec. 6

cendrine

Cathlete
Hi Girls,

not that I have a workout to report, but I'm just checking in and getting us started for this new week. My back is still doing funny things off and on, I feel well long enough that I think I can start lifting things and then it acts up again telling me it wasn't ready.... So still taking it easy but trying to do something tomorrow. I don't want to go more than a week with now weights, but may have to do light weights instead, but that's ok.

How are you all doing?

Cendrine...I for one am so glad you are listening to your body! I want you to be ready to go when we start sts in January:D

I have been super busy these two days and still have managed to not really finish my christmas shopping...Just call me Mrs. Last Minute!
I do have to confess that I had choco cake, vanilla ice cream, popcorn and wine for dinner last night:eek: I know...not good! But the good news is that it did not leave me wanting more...like the old days before all this clean eating. When I used to eat like that I would never get enough junk, whatever it might have been, but a little goes a long way! Oh well what is done is done and no need to fret about it now!

I know you have not been able to join us for the last week, Cendrine, but I think Jo would agree that it was a pretty intense week of exercise and next week looks equally as hard! So I will have to make sure I clean up my diet so I have plenty of energy to press through it!

I think we might have a pretty tough week at work this week. We are having to attend the office Christmas party on Thursday and due to the location of our job and the location of the shop, we really can not go to work and attend so we will lose a day there but we are tough and will make it up with extra hrs here and there!

OK I think I have ADD'd yall to death so I am going to go and check on my chili...mmm mmm good!

Have a great day!
Rachel

Forgive me as I only have a minute! I'm having a very busy weekend with my company...shopping, dinner with other friends, etc. (having tons of fun though!). With that said, I was supposed to do Body Max 2 today but because of my company only had time to do the cardio and power circuits (and I actually had the enrgy to do the whole thing!!). So I'll try and finish it tomorrow with Imax 3 or some variation since Boot Camp is Tuesday.

Hopefully I can get back and post a little more later....but I'll be back with you all tomorrow! Hope you're having a great weekend!! Oh, and yes, Cendrine, last week WIPED me OUT! I was thankful to have yesterday off even though I was on the go all day. Glad you're feeling better Cendrine!

Rachel, love your new diet! LOL!!! Wine, cake, ice cream and popcorn! WOOO Girl, that's a combo!!

Okay, got to go.

Hi Everyone!
Well my company just left this morning so didn't get to work out. I'll be going home tonight and doing Imax 3.

I got up to 19 degree weather this morning. It is sunshining and "oh so cold!" I have on fur-lined boots with my jeans tucked in...fur-lined vest with a turtleneck and definitely had on gloves!

Good news! - NOT A SINGLE HOT FLASH TODAY (so far!)! (Otherwise I wouldn't have on a turtleneck! LOL!)

Okay, back to work. I had some delicous tomato/kale/cod soup for lunch! Kind of a "Jo's fish stew" of sorts.

Hope everyone is having a good beginning of the week!

Hi Everyone!

It is pouring rain here and that is quite a sensation for us here... The kids insisted they wanted to go out in the rain and run through the streams of water on the street....LOL! They got a good soaking, felt really cold and are now all warm and cozy inside...

I decided to try gym style legs chest and triceps today. I went lighter than I normally would and did all pushups on my knees to be careful. It felt good to be working out again, but am extremely cautious... Tomorrow will be some step workout.

Jo, did you see they changed the dates for San Diego trip to spring? I am on the fence about it. I'd love to go, but I'm not sure yet. What are you leaning towards?

Rachel, your dinner sounds fun, we had some popcorn at an art winter festival this weekend as well...
I'll be trying the spicey cod with orange and cherry ... sounded so different I just had to give it a try. I will let you know if we liked it...

Sorry yall but this is definitely going to be a short one...I was up at 3:30 this morning and decided since I was awake I might as well get up since I had a 90 min workout to get to! I did really well and got a 80 min one in but then was out of time and had to shut it down. But needless to say I am tired tonight so I am off to relax.

Jo-Burrr...That is cold! I am glad you had a good time with you friends! Isn't it funny that your hot flashes are not happening now that the weather is super cold! You might could have used a good hot flash this morning:D

Cendrine-It must not rain too often. The kids sound like they get excited about rain like I get excited about snow. Can you imagine what they would do if it snowed:eek:. I am so glad you are keeping me posted on the recipes. This way if there are some I was on the fence about, and you give it a good review, I can go ahead and try it!

OK gals...I have to get off to bed, at least to just do a little reading or something.

Tomorrow is IMAX3 for me...I hope I can get it better that the first time!

Rachel

Hi Guys,

DOMS are setting in...LOL! Feels good after a week of nothing!

just posting to tell you Rachel, that the Cod with spicy orange and cherry sauce was a hit. I didn't put as much cayenne in as the recipe called for because of the kids and not as much cinnamon because too much gives me a headache, but other than that I stuck to it and it was surprisingly good and the kids and dh thought so too!

Hi All!!!

Well, I ended up working late so no working out yesterday! Whah! No worries though, I think I needed the extra rest day! :p So I got up and did Imax 3 today. FELT OH SO GOOD! Have we ever talked about the intervals we have trouble with? #4 is the worst for me! So I actually do my own interval of jumping jacks/plyo jacks...I just cannot do those horizontal jumps! Oh, I just remembered Rachel you're just new to that workout. Let me know your thoughts!

Anyway, got up to 15 degrees this morning - it is FROSTY out! Kim is probably going home to some VERY cold weather!

Cendrine, yeah for the DOMS! Feels good huh? :D

Rachel, you stun me getting up at 3:30 and doing BM2! You are a rocket! ;)

Okay, off to the shower. I keep sneezing because of the cold, dry air...I'll catch ya all later! Oh and tonight is the finale of TBL - I can't wait!

Cendrine,
I forgot to respond about San Diego....OH I WANT TO GO!!!! But, I don't think I can with my reduced hours. I am going to talk to DH...but I'm leaning not to go. Even if you and I share a room, I have to pay airfare which still isn't that cheap. Not money I want to spend right now. Boohoo! I'll let you know for sure though in the next day or so. BUT I WANT TO!

Jo, I hear you, and I don't even have air fare to worry about. Maybe next time. I hope there is a next time!

I planned on doing Step Jam and got about half of it done and then decided I just needed to stop and be careful :( It seems that an high impact is really coming back to bite me. I am feeling worse today after the workout which is a bummer. I have a chiro appt tomorrow, and I hope they can help me. I'm kind of bracing myself for news I don't want to hear: that I might have to lay off the weights and high impact for a season. At least I could still walk, but I have gotten to like my muscles.... Oh well, no use worrying about what hasn't been said yet.

Imax 3 intervals, I can't remember the numbers, but there is that one that has plie jumps plyos or something with criss cross recovery in between sets, I do my own version there too! I would have to watch it to see what 4 is I'm not sure which one. But they are fun even if you have to modify, aren't they?

Oh I forget the numbers too but anything with a tuck jump never resembles a tuck jump...if you know what I mean. SO on the one with a plie then an air jack and then a tuck...well usually the tuck and the air jack look very similar...almost like two airs:p
I am sure there are some other ones too but I can not remember them. Isn't that sad! I just did it this morning. Oh well I do not think I can eat anymore berries than I already eat so i do not know how I will fix this memory thing!

Jo-I feel for you and that cold weather. So now are you on the same day as me. Is tomorrow bootcamp for you? I love IMAX3! I was not sure if I would but I have no idea why I thought I wouldn't. I guess because I already had IMAX2 and noone really says anything about #3 too much on the boards so I thought it would not live up to 2! It really does though.

Cendrine-Is it still raining? I saw it on the national news this morning so it really is a big deal! Of course I did not have to tell you that. You are blazing through those recipes! I know you wish that mag came out every month!
I am sorry about your back issues but I know they will get straightened out so don't rush!

Ok I am going to try and and get dinner and a shower and do nothing for a minute:D

Have a great day tomorrow!

Yes RACHEL!!! We're going to ride out this week TOGETHER!!! Boot Camp tomorrow! (And then I forgot what happens after that...:confused:) But it's going to be GREAT!!!!

Okay, I'm gearing up for TBL Grand Finale...dinner is done, my makeup is washed off, the fireplace is going and I'm settling in!

Cendrine, I wish you speedy recovery! You don't need any problems! I'm glad you're listening to your body and not pushing yourself beyond what you should (we need you ready for January! :D)! Boy we've all had some body issues this year haven't we? Also, you never know what "one little thing" might tweak your back and make it worse! So yes, be careful with it!

Okay, if not later tonight, I'll defintely catch up with you all tomorrow!

Ok just a quick post before I head out for a long day at work. Not sure if I will be back tonight but I will try my best!

Bootcamp was so much fun this morning. But this is the second morning this week that I have been up really early. 3 am this morning. I have no clue what the deal is. I feel rested and am ready to get up so I am just going with it for now.

I hope you are all having a great day and staying warm. Cendrine, take your time. Jo is right we need for January so I hope the chiro says something good!

Bye for now!

Rachel

We're back!!

Yesterday we left weather of 83 Fahrenheit and arrived to MINUS 31 Fahrenheit. That's a 114 degree difference, we are all in shock. Got in really late, didn't get to bed till 2am. I have today off work so already ran for groceries, and started laundry. Need to unpack. Will hopefully have time to read personals and catch up this afternoon.:D

Boot Camp was GREAT today! (Of course the terminator climbers or suicide climbers or whatever they are called killed me! Oh, and our favorite pushups!) Other than a couple of things I struggle with it was great!

Kim, so glad you are back! Can't wait to hear about your trip! I knew you'd be coming home to really cold weather - we're very cold and I know you are WAY colder than us!

Rachel, you rock girl! So fun we both did Boot Camp today! I had lots of energy too!

Cendrine, hope you're feeling better today and improving, improving, improving! Okay, check back with all of you later!

Kim, TBL WAS AWESOME!!!! Danny lost 239 lbs and won and Rudy lost 234 lbs! INCREDIBLE! Rebecca won the at-home $100,000.

I had a chance to catch up with the posts I missed. You have been busy ladies!!

Jo The only tv I watched on holiday was TBL! I managed to catch last week's episode because of the presidential speech, it was delayed so was broadcasted late so we were back in the hotel room. Yesteray I caught the finale(replay) on the plane except we landed with 15 minutes left :rolleyes: but I googled it this morning to see who won. I was totally blown away by Tracey, Rebecca and Danny. Rebecca almost looked too thin to me.

You're so great at working out even with your company around! So do you think the HRT is helping?? How is your friend doing that is losing the weight??

Rachael Glad you enjoyed the GS series so much! It seems like you've had quite the month of DOMS! How are you enjoying the cold??? Our kids would swim every night in the pool so temps would be high 4o's/low 50's and so many people would ask weren't they cold. I always just said no, we're Canadian, that seem to answer their questions, LOL. Walking around Disney you can definitely tell who is from the warm climates and who is from the north. When we were fine in shorts/tshirts, I would see people in winter jackets/mittens. It is all so much what you are used to.
(Okay, and the 3:30 is just crazy;);))

Cendrine I'm so glad that you're being smart about your back and take the time you need. Take the break and hopefully we'll have you back for STS. I didn't realize that rain was so unusual for your area?? I would be very frustrated about the fireworks too! I found that Disney changed things on us as well. Because we had free dining (which means the restaurants are really busy) I made reservations ahead of time which means I need to know when the fireworks/parades are and the park hours. Of course, they changed things at the last minute and messed up my plans at times.:rolleyes: At Disney's Hollywood Studios they have a big display of Christmas lights which they cancelled due to rain. I thought that was very weird, everyone here has Christmas lights up for months at a time through rain, snow, etc. The park was open but they didn't turn the Christmas lights on?? Weird?

Has anyone got their Cathe calendar yet??

Welcome back , Kim!
I would be the one with the winter jackets...LOL! The lights off because of rain is just odd... And no, no calendar yet, almost forgot about it in fact... Maybe it will be sent with shock cardio? Of course not everyone who ordered a calendar also ordered shock cardio. What's next for you workout wise, I can't remember. Sorry about Disney changing things on you too, us planners just can't handle that so well, huh?

Rachel, I think it's not a bad idea to just get up if you feel rested instead of trying to get back to sleep. Usually when I do that, it makes me super groggy when the actual alarm time comes around. Glad you enjoyed Bootcamp. This is one I used to do a lot before I had other workouts and I think I still prefer almost any other workout to this one....LOL!

Jo, I'm glad you got to enjoy the finale! I will check out the show on the internet, I love seeing befores and afters!

The Chiropractor's verdict is in: it's fixable but I need to lay off the workouts and once I feel better, start up with walking first. So I guess I get to enjoy the flannels....LOL! Got some good therapy today and am going back for more Friday, and hopefully I'll be much better after that. I'm not sure how long it will take, but I'm going to take it easy cause I want to be ready for STS in January. I'm gonna have to adjust the weights, I'm sure, but that's ok.
I did Gymstyle legs without any weights this morning (before I was told not to work out any more...) and I think this is a great workout! I was kind of doing the no weights as an experiment, to see if I would still feel it tomorrow... ;)

I'm going to get my last few things for christmas this afternoon. Then I'll start the wrapping.

Well, I have 15 minutes till the kids get home. (Mean mom is making them walk home even though it's like minus a zillion:rolleyes:) so I'll do a quick trip report for anyone interested.

We went from Nov 29- Dec 8 so had 9 nights. We stayed at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. This was the fourth Disney resort we have stayed in, not my favourite. It had beautiful landscaping but it was so large! It took forever to walk anywhere and the housekeeping wasn't that great. I preferred some of the other hotels we have tried. We have done Disney many times ( I think this was my 9th visit) and so we really know our way around.

Our plane ride was great! Just recently an airline added direct flights from our city to Orlando so for the first time ever we could fly directly! We have many stories to tell of cancelled flights, being in the wrong cities, snowstorm in, snow stormed out etc (I joke that my kids think it's a 36 hour flight from here to Florida) so to arrive in under 4 hours was something for us!

We used Disney' s Magical Express in which you mark you suitcases with special tags and after you checked them in at the airport they magically appear in your hotel room. No need to pick them up at the airport, we've used it before and it works great. We got on the Magical Express bus and were at the hotel about 9 pm. (Our flight left at 4!) My sister, BIL and their 2 kids had gone down the day before and so we had a visit then took a look around the hotel and had some supper.

In the offseason, to attract people Disney will occasional offer free dining which if your staying at one of their resorts you eat for free! We were able to get this deal which was great! We had one snack item, one fast food meal and one sit down meal for each day. Disney has some great (Expensive ) restaurants that we never did before and se we ate at a different fancy meal everyday! Dessert was included at lunch and supper! I ate way too much. Lots of very neat restaurants!

We spent 2 days at EPCOT, 2 days at the Magic Kingdom, 1 day at Hollywood Studios and 2 days at Animal Kingdom. The 4 kids had a blast together with the 3 older ones going off by themselves occasional (with a walkie talkie and with the 3 together). We have been there so many times it makes it so much more pleasant to navigate, plan where to go ,etc. SOme people look so lost as it's such a huge place. We didn't rent a car but just used the Disney transport around. SOme afternoons when it was hot we came back to the hotel to swim in the afternoon and the kids swam most evening late at night. We had 2 days of rainy/colder weather.

We also had one day at a waterpark and another day at Disney Quest (5 stories of interactive/virtual reality video games)/Downtown Disney shopping. The 4 boys rented a car and drove into Tampa to watch the hockey game which was the highlight of the trip for them!!

My sister and her famliy returned 2 days earlier than us and it was nice to have some family time.

Okay, that's the highlights.

Wow, Kim, sounds like you had an amazing time! How fun! If we ever go there I'll be asking you for your expertise in planning! It sounds like it is at least twice as big as Disney land and California Adventure together.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.