6 Monthers STS Alumni, Wednesday

cendrine

Cathlete
Hi Guys,

I did pure strength back, biceps,abs today. It's a bit tricky because I don't know what weight to pick. I picked too easy on one and too hard on the other, but I figured it keeps my body guessing. It was not a full hour and I intended to do a little cardio too, but I talked myself out of it with the exuse that I will be walking all day at Disneyland today....LOL!

Rachel, I only wish I was loosing 5 lbs right now... Not that I envy your work stress, but I have had a hard time lately staying in moderation and don't like how it's reflected on my hips... Oh well, I am starting consistent clean eating again next week, just won't happen with my brother here...

Have a great day, all!

Hi Yall (that's for you Rachel! :D)

I really wanted to work arms today so I did Meso 3 Disc 27 which is shoulders, biceps and triceps. It was the right workout for today and I should be feeling it tomorrow!

I did not get my tower out of the box yet as I ended up working late so will probably do that tonight.

Kim, it feels good to get back to working out doesn't it? I know I sure feel better! I also want to know what Insanity is like once you get to it. CLX is 12 weeks right?

Cendrine, you have excellent picks on your wishlist! I'm glad you starred Cardio Fusion as I think you'll really like it! Also, Muscle Max is my favorite total body workout and I think you'll like that too!

Rachel, you are so sweet to say I'm upbeat! I hope you're not killing yourself! Don't stress over the workouts! Do what you can do but don't worry about it! When you are able to pick back up with a rotation or consistent schedule your body will respond quickly!

I'll BBL!

Rachael, don't worry so much about your workouts! I know that's hard as I would be just like you. I'm sure you're getting tons of exercise with all the work you're doing.

CLX is 12 weeks long and I'm on week 8. There is no comparison for me, STS is a much better product. CLX are good solid workouts but kind of boring with only a few dvds. I will finish the rotation but wouldn't do a second rotation.

Cendrine, the body blast timesaver workout dvd is fun because most of the body blast workouts are so much fun. They are a litlle easier and shorter than most Cathe workouts.

Kim

Chapter 5: Pushing Up OUr Settling Points

-"For years I wondered why I was fat. Science seemed to suggest it was my destiny."

-"Set point theory" says that adult weight is destined to remain at a predetermined level and that we will adjust our energy intake and ouput to keep it there. The theory is that if I lose weight, my body tries to get it back, slowing down my metabolism until I return to my predetermined set point. This was a useful way to explain the failure of diets.

-But if the set point worked, it should not only defend me against weight loss, it should protect me from weight gain. but it does not.

-It is more useful to think instead about the body's "settling point"

-The settling point theory makes room for a number of influences on weight. It is built on the idea that weight is not set at a predetermined level, but is determined by a balance of many factors. Factors such as the drive to eat, the capacity to be satisfied, the abilty to oxidize fat and burn calories, and the level of physical activity. The settling point is the place where all this balances.

**The author's hypothesizes that the point where our weight settles is primarily the result of motivation and availability. "how much we want to seek out food and how readily we can obtain and eat it."

-constant access to sugar,fat and salt pushes up the settling point. BUT they assert their control on each of us with varying intensity. Some can eat just a little and then stop. But for millions the drive for reward aggressively asserts dominance over the drive for balance. It is not our biological destiny to return to a set point.

-The reward drive can become an obsession, e.g when someone can stop thinking about a food item.Some pople can feel powerless in the face of certain foods. This is a primary characteristic of emotional or compulsive eating which are a reward-driven response to the sensory stimuli associated with food.

**many thin people have the same impulses they just have found ways to maintain control.

"How do inanimate objects acquire such power over us? Stay tuned!;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.