6 Monthers...GRADUATES, Friday

banslug

Cathlete
So, are we all OFFICIALLY graduates of STS now? I wasn't sure, but posted it in our title anyway. :)

The girls and I are up early and going to Cathe's gym for a spin class.

Cendrine, my time for yesterday's 10 miles was 96 minutes. I was SUPER happy with that. I can run and maintain a faster speed at shorter distances, but for my long runs I shoot for a 10 minute mile because of the distance. So I came in under that 10 min mark and was pleased.....must have been the adrenaline of being there! LOL

OK...just had my egg whites and Arnold flat bread. YUMMY! Plan is to keep it CLEAN again today, one meal at a time. RT officially starts around 4pm today so we're going to workout, clean up, have lunch in the suite, enjoy a few hours of hanging out before the madness begins!

Gayle

Good Morning Gayle and Everyone!

I am up early as we still have no relief from the heat - it's still 90 degrees in my bedroom! Whah! Today it's supposed to drop into the low 90's.

I'm so glad it's Friday! WooHOO!

Gayle, hope you are having a great time already! I would love to be spinning with you today!

Everyone have a great day!

Good morning everyone,
Gayle way to go on your run. Wow, the RT is actually here. I hope you and & everyone there has a great time. I'm going to experience it vicariously through you. Can't wait for details if & when you have time. :)
We actually got a little rain here yesterday but it's still going to be a scorcher in the upper 90s. We need a good downpour. I guess we should be grateful for what we get. Water restrictions are getting pretty serious.
Today I took it really easy. I did a balance ball workout; didn't even break a sweat or get the heart rate up, but that's all I could manage today. Next week I'll hit it hard again.
Hope everyone has a great day.

Hi Guys,

I just finished Body Max2 and feel great! Portion sizes in the eating department have been going well the last few days, so I'm happy about that and trying to keep it that way....

Jo, sorry it's still so hot! You must be getting impatient to start working out again. To think that heat would stop our workout routine! Usually it's rain that stops me from doing a run outside... but heat... Man, things are whacky...

Gayle, that is an awesome time you did on your run yesterday. I do better at a steady slower for longer runs, like you. Under 10 for that long is great! Nice job! Sounds like you guys are already having a great time and the RT hasn't even started officially.... And you guys are working out before adding 7 more workouts to your weekend! Wow! Are you seriously planning on doing all even? I guess if I was there, I couldn't stand the thought of not doing everything! LOL!

Measuredoak, I commend you for listening to your body and doing a gentler workout when you need it! This is what is going to help your body recover and work harder again when you are ready. I have one more cardio workout before I begin my June rotation. That will be harder for me again, the circuits have been lighter in weight, so I'm sure I'll be feeling it during the workouts and after!

Have a great day you all!

Hey guys! We're packing our bags for the official start of the RT!!! Tonight is step/upper body sculpt, the Meet N Greet dinner, then the goodnight Stretch class! SPin this morning was awesome.....HRM says 500 calories in 50 minutes! I'll take that, thank you very much!!!

I'm going to call Chrissy to find out where she is and if I can hang next to her for the step workout tonight!!! We're taking pictures, but I don't have a way to upload them with my laptop, so you'll have to wait till I get home Monday.

OK....gotta pack my stuff!

Gayle

hey hey hey! I am here. I did not flake out on yall!! We have been dumped on by the rain here and I could not get our other computer to connect to the net so I though since we are on sat. internet that our connection got messed up but apparently windows has downloaded something and now it has messed up our dns connection and since I know nothing about computers, dh had to try and fix it but could not so I am here on the laptop. I have not been able to get on for a few days though because he has been too busy and then he got sick and of course work is crazy as usual...

Anyway. I have been following a program like gayle this week. Since last week I did meso one this week I did meso 2 and masn let me tell you I was so sore from meso 1 last week and this week I am equally sore from meso 2. I got my new dvds in yesterday and did a combo of step blast and step jump and pump this morning and I am glad I was alone because it would have been embarrassing.

So that brings me to a good question for you two road trippers...When you go on the road trip and do a step class how do you keep up when you do not know what is coming next? I would be lost in a cathe class the first time if I did not know. I wanted to see the live broadcast but I guess I was too late.

Jo-I have been seeing about the record heat you are having up there and have been telling dh that I feel for you so much. At least down here we are used to it getting hot. I know I have to go back and catch up but what is a normal summer temp for up there?

Can't WAIT to hear the details and see the pics of the road trip.!!!Keep us posted girls on those live butt kickings Cathe is giving yall!!!

I will be back tomorrow after work.

Rachel

Hello girls!!!!

Rachael, I went on the 2007 road trip. Unfortunately I had just had hernia surgery and my mom had died the week before so needless to say I was not up to working out. However I did watch at the back of the class. Gayle, maybe you will remember seeing me standing there class after class? Cathe was calling out steps or names of moves and all the women were following along. It was amazing to watch from the back of the class because everyone was doing ( for the most part) the same thing. There were some that the timing was off or they would miss a call here or there, but for the most part the women were getting it, even though the fitnes level range was a big spread amongst all the women. I sent you a pm.

My gf brought her weights over! It was awesome to use them. For the first time I was able to use 2 dumbells with the same weight at the same time, with out my wrists weights dangling off of them! I am out of the ghetto. I was also able to use a barbell. I did front squats with 50 pounds and it felt great. I was only able to do rear squats with 35 on the bar because that is all I couyld lift over my head, but I also had the weighted vest on. This was the first time in sts that I actully felt challeneged by the weights. Maybe now that I have the adequate weights I will see more results. Now if I can just get my gf working out that would be great.

Okay now don't laugh, but I was watching and infomercial on learning how to pole dance. It looked like an awesome workout, plus I do need a job. LOL. Okay maybe not an awesome workout but you do have to be really strong to do it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.