****<<<-----6 Monther Alumni---->>>>**** week of Feburary 20, 2011

Congratulations Kim! I read the article! WOW! I'm so glad for you it's over and so glad for the family that they'll get some closure. Are you doing okay? You must be feeling a lot of emotions of finally getting this over but also having been involved in this. What an experience.

Cendrine, I'm laughing about the haircut. When DH and I were first married, I used to cut his hair and had NO idea what I was doing. Please understand that I'm one that doesn't even like to cut my own bangs for fear of screwing them up! The funny thing is one time somebody told DH that they were very impressed with his haircut and wanted to know where he went! LOL!

Rachel, you are a rock star with those workouts! You are my hero!!! I wanted to get up and spin today but body said noway, stay in bed! LOL! I'm so proud of you! Ibo is undoubtly DH's boy but I take a good second place! It's okay with me though, because DH makes a gread alpha dog! LOL!

So I was up until midnight last night studying. Did Statistics all day and then decided to get the test overwith. So, one down, but I started right after I posted yesterday morning and went ALL day. So, I'll take a little break here and go get started on my mgmt class. The stat test was hard. I have 3.5 hours to take it but I was down to the last 40 seconds completing it and didn't have time to go back and check my answers. I feel good about it, but since I didn't get to check...we'll see. I should still do well in the class over all unless I blew this. The final is worth 25% of the overall grade.

So with that said, I'm going to go get some breakfast and off to the shower.

Just popping in again for a minute. I had to get a few things done around here so I could get focused again; so changed sheets, did a little vacuuming, got the laundry going, called my mom, etc. DH made a stew in the crock pot last night so just had a bit of that and now am ready to go get studying again.

It's a beautiful day here but very cold. I should be out on the trail! ;)

Okay, back to studying. Hope you all get to enjoy the 3 day weekend!

Okay okay, I'm having a really hard time getting focused. I tried to get started studying and I keep distracting myself. I went and cleaned out a drawer and then went outside while DH was washing my SUV and now I'm back again. I just wasted 90 minutes. So I thought I'd sit down, write this post to you guys and get at IT! My mind is everywhere BUT here! LOL! Okay, here I go. I won't be back again until I've finished studying and taken the dang test! :eek::cool:;):confused::eek::):(:p:rolleyes::D

Get back to studying Jo!!;)

Thanks for the support over the last few weeks! What a emotional few days its been. I've had tons of support from family and friends this weekend which has been great. I got home very late Friday night and was unable to sleep. Actually I hadn't been able to sleep well in days. Yesterday I was extremely emotional still and overtired, I laid down at about 8:30 pm and slept for 12 hours straight. I feel much better today but I think it will be awhile before I feel back to normal. It was definitely a life changing event.

The other 11 jurors were amazing people and we plan to keep in touch. We had some intense moments during those 3 days together but we came out friends. Being sequestered is quite the experience, no outside contact at all. Locked in a small room from 8am till 10 pm, then taken by van to a hotel where we each got a hotel room (with no phone or tv) and guards outside.

The moment we had to walk into the court room to give the verdict, I was shaking like a leaf. Everyone was either shaking or crying. I only allowed myself to stare at the judge as I knew my emotions were so shaky. It was standing room only in the courtroom even at 9pm on a Friday of a long weekend. This was such a high profile case. Even with all those people, you could hear a pin drop.
As we were being led out of the court, I glanced at the family once and saw the biggest smile on Mrs. Derksen's face which made it all worth while.

So nice to be home with family. I'm taking week of holidays!! So will have this week to catch up with posts, finish unpacking , start a workout rotation, etc

Oh Kim! You just gave me a good chuckle! Yes, it's true, I'm taking another break! LOL! But I've been at this for 5 hours (doing laundry inbetween!). I decided to take my test tomorrow since I don't have to go to work and I think I wore my brain and my eyes out yesterday! So though I wanted to be done today, I'm going to make sure I do my best! So I've been going back through my notes, assignments, rereading important chapters, etc. Sigh...did I really sign up for two classes again? Oh and DH gave me some encouragement by saying I should treat myself to something from lululemon! :D

Kim, I'm glad you got some rest and get some time to recoup! I can only imagine what a life changing event this was for you. Hopefully you won't get called for jury duty again anytime soon! ;) You should have permanent immunity from the courts system! You've more than done your duty! Enjoy getting back to your routine, family, and workouts.

TTYL!

Happy Presidents Day! Happy Family Day to Kim!

I'm up and poor Ibo has to stay home with me today. DH had a Dr appt this morning so I'll wait to start my test until he gets home since it's 3.5 hours I can't leave my computer. I don't want to have to deal with taking Ibo out in the middle of my test! :p Anyway, he said he'll be back around noon so that gives me time to get some things done.

Anyway, off to get some breakfast. Hope you all have a good day!

Okay, here I go! DH is not home yet but should be any minute. I'm as ready as I'm going to be to take this last test. But first, I'm going to go make myself a delicious kale lemonade to give me a boost. Ibo has been behaving himself so that's good!

I'll check back with you guys later!

Can I have a kale lemonade too? ;) Sounds sooo good right now!

I am so happy for you that you are done! Jo, and you too Kim! Wow, both of you have had an intense time!

I did disk 10 today, and I decided since I am not going to up the weights any time soon, I will just do each disk once for the time being. I hope to be able to push myself again soon without having to worry about my back, but it's just not smart right now. Anyway, it felt good to work out, but I sure don't feel like hitting the treadmill tomorrow....

I don't know if I told you, I found this great PE program for the kids that is local. They meet at the same park every week and target one type of sport per month, right now it's dodge ball, before it was basketball, then it will be volleyball etc. It's only 20.- a month!!!! I am so happy I found this program and the other kids that are in it are all really nice kids. Very good find. The reason I'm telling you about it is because I just came back from it. Dd was befriending a muslim girl that was too little to be in the program. They played nicely together the whole time even though neither of them spoke the other ones language...;) They still managed to figure out how to play duck duck goose and ring around the rosy etc. Pretty cute.

I'm on holidays! I never take a week of holidays without the rest of the family so this is sort of weird. I think I might find it sort of lonely but I do have lots of little projects that I'm going to try and get done.This was the week off that I was supposed to have for moving. I'm feeling way better about things.

On the news last night, I heard that the defence lawyer has already announced an appeal.

I have a few appointments booked this week for little things that they still need to do around the house This morning, the alarm company is coming to activate the alarm and show me how to use it.

I think I'll do the CTX series this week then check out the March rotation this week.

Jo Congrats on finishing up this difficult session! Do you have some time off before the new session?

Rachael I'm so impressed with you doing this Feb rotation. I bet you will need a recovery week afterwards. I can tell that I'm feeling back to normal as I'm itching to do a workout. Last night I was talking about what workouts to do this week, and ds said "welcome back Mom":cool: What a smart aleck! He said I finally seemed like myself.

Cendrine The gym group sounds like a great idea! I bet the kids really enjoy it! The haircutting sounds like it was a success! You are doing a wonderful job of pacing yourself through STS! Did you try the tm today?

We had DH's family over for lunch yesterday and that was a nice relaxing afternoon. Most of them hadn't seen the house so it was nice to show it off and spend some family time.

Last edited:
I'm on holidays! I never take a week of holidays without the rest of the family so this is sort of weird. I think I might find it sort of lonely but I do have lots of little projects that I'm going to try and get done.This was the week off that I was supposed to have for moving. I'm feeling way better about things.

On the news last night, I heard that the defence lawyer has already announced an appeal.

I have a few appointments booked this week for little things that they still need to do around the house. This morning, the alarm company is coming to activate the alarm and show me how to use it.

I think I'll do the CTX series this week then check out the March rotation this week.

Jo Congrats on finishing up this difficult session! Do you have some time off before the new session?

Rachael I'm so impressed with you doing this Feb rotation. I bet you will need a recovery week afterwards. I can tell that I'm feeling back to normal as I'm itching to do a workout. Last night I was talking about what workouts to do this week, and ds said "welcome back Mom":cool: What a smart aleck! He said I finally seemed like myself.

Cendrine The gym group sounds like a great idea! I bet the kids really enjoy it! The haircutting sounds like it was a success! You are doing a wonderful job of pacing yourself through STS! Did you try the tm today?

We had DH's family over for lunch yesterday and that was a nice relaxing afternoon. Most of them hadn't seen the house so it was nice to show it off and spend some family time.

Kim, I hope you enjoy your downtime this week, you certainly deserve it! You seem to be bouncing back quickly, nice that the workout bug is back, too! LOL about your ds's comment:rolleyes:
I did make myself go on the treadmill this morning. Nothing intense, but at least I did it. I addad on no equip abs.

Oh my goodness! I have missed so much! It looks like you are back to your old posty self Jo!;):p:D I love IT!!!

Well We got bust and have been busy since Sunday. Sunday was house stuff but the rest of the week has been work. This week is extra long workouts so I have had no time in the morning. Mon was BM2 and today was Intensity with the BBW then in was supposed to be abs but I ran out of time. Tomorrow is a double workout day and it might be the first time I really deviate. I am not much for working out late and we might have a pretty long day tomorrow. I really hate to miss it altogether but I just might have to.

Cendrine-How cute the girls were I bet. Fun doesn't have a language, I guess. That is a great price on the class too!

Jo-How did you do on the test? I guess you were not able to fit a Cathe in on the weekend...it sounds like you were super busy!

Kim-I think you are really going to enjoy this week.
Sometimes I wish that appeals were not allowed. I know it is a necessary part of the justice process but when all the evidence points one direction then that should be it...but I am no pro so I will leave that up to them. :rolleyes:

OK yall I am starved and dirty so I am outta here! I hope yall are having a great day.

Alrighty then! Here’s what happened yesterday – here’s my story and here’s why I work my A$$ off to have as many points as possible going into the final. So finally I got in there to take the test. (This is the management test.) Going into the test I’ve lost 6 points for the session - there’s 1000 possible. So basically I could not take the final and have a C for the class. Below 600 is F, 600-700 D, 700-800 C, 800-900 B, 900-1000 an A. So with the 6 points I’ve lost, out of 270 test points, I just have to get 178 to still get an A. But of course I want as perfect a test as possible since I’m not a slacker and why wouldn’t I do my very best?

Okay, so there’s 4 pages – page 1 = 15 multiple choice worth 6 pts each, page 2 = 10 short essay worth 10 points each, page 3 = 4 of 7 essay worth 20 points each and page 4 the last 3 of 7 essay worth 20 points each. I go through it in order ; the first two pages took me 90 minutes so I have 2 hours to do the 7 essay. I do page 3 and then page 4. I hit save after each problem in case something happens. When I finally finish all the essays, I look up and have 12 minutes left. I go back to page 3 and three of the four essays were GONE!!!! They took me approximately 15 minutes apiece to write. I FREAKED OUT! I’m like OMG OMG – my hands start shaking, I have a knot in my stomach and my chest tightened up! So I tried typing as fast as I could to just get a few points into each so I would get some points! And then it was over! Then I sent an email to my instructor knowing she can’t do anything about it but I told her if she wondered why those essays were so CRAPPY what happened. (She had commented earlier on how great my work is!:D) So possibly I’ve lost at least 60 points and if I didn’t screw up anything else I’ll still be okay. But I was just SICK! SICK SICK SICK!!! So if I was only 90 minutes into the test I could have called tech support, but since I was 12 minutes from the 3.5 hours being over, it’s a judgment call as to whether I’m telling the truth or a student that just wants more time. (I hope that makes sense.) Anyway, I did panic then if more of my essays were gone and I did call tech support and they verified I had answers in all my questions. Anyway, I won’t know until next Thursday (the 3rd) so I’m keeping my fingers crossed the rest of the test is okay. BooHOO BOOHoo BOOHOO!!!!

I’m going to move on to another post BEFORE I lose this!!!

Last edited:
Back again. Today then was a super busy day at work. About ½ the staff is off taking vacation this week so I had lots of customers to deal with and spent most of the day on the phone. Tried to get to spinning but couldn’t leave in time so I came home and did a cardio coach on my spin bike! Oh yeah…felt GOOD!

Rachel, you’re right, I didn’t get my Cathe workout in. But looks like I might be snowed in tomorrow morning so I’m going to knock a Cathe workout out no matter what! LOL! You sound like you are super busy and my oh my you are kicking those workouts out of the PARK!!!

Cendrine, the PE program sounds great! Isn’t that fun DD and the other little girl had such a good time! There’s no language barriers with FUN!! LOL!! So tell me how you’re feeling? What’s going on with your back? Are you in constant discomfort or is it just when you workout it gets aggravated? I can feel your frustration.

Kim, you’re sounding better! And I know you like having all the family around but maybe it’s good for you to just have some Kim time this week – maybe you could sneak in a couple extra workouts!! Regarding my session, no I just have this week and my new classes open on Sunday. I just got my syllabus for each class and my books downloaded tonight when I got home. I’ll tell you this, I hope I don’t have another session like what I just went through. If this session is another killer, I'm definitely going to drop to 1 class a session. But I decided I'll give it another shot. After this session I get a full week off. :D

There’s a place in each class where you can see how much time you spent online doing different activities and after week 2 I consistently spent 30ish hours per week on Statistics. That’s just online and doesn’t include all the problems I did offline. So figure I spent a good 40 hours a week just on that class. For my mgmt class it was around 17 hours a week. No wonder I couldn’t post or workout! LOL.

Oh Rachel, you had me laughing about posty self! That’s like chatty Cathy or posty Patty! LOL!! Yes, I guess when I’m on – I’M ON! LOL! :p:D:cool::eek::D;)

Talk to you tomorrow!

Jo, what a scare on your TEST! I would have freaked out and probably felt like breaking something! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! I hope your original work got through! And, boy, 57ish hrs on top of keeping down a regular job, leaky roof, rat in the house, dr's appts, infected bb and snow....:eek: You are a heroine of extra special caliber!!
I would need several months to come out of that, and you're ready to go again in a week! I sure hope with you that this round won't demand so much of your time!

I did disk 11 It's weird that my back hass been acting up during recovery week :confused: and you are right, I am frustrated and discouraged...:( but thee thing I'm trying to do is to keep doing something, even if it doesn't feel like enough, rather than throwing in the towel. Kind of along the line of fall seven times, get up eight... Thanks so much for your sympathy!

And Rachel, I'm so glad for you that you have work! Your job is so physical, I would not worry about skipping something on your intense rotation, you are amazing!

Kim, how is your week off treating you! Pamper yourself, you deserve it!

Quick in and out for me. So it snowed a tiny bit last night but I guess the bigger snow has now been moved to this afternoon. We're supposed to get about 8 inches where I live. We'll see...I hope not - what little time I have off from school I prefer not to be snowed in. Oh and because of my test frustration, DH asked if something from lululemon would make me feel better! :D I said OF COURSE! But it doesn't help if I can't get there! LOL!

Cendrine, I think you're doing the right thing to at least keep moving! That will help keep your back loosened (is that a word? :confused:) up. And, wow, now that you put everything I've been doing in perspective...yeah! I have had a lot going on! LOL! It's just life right?

Okay, off to a meeting!

Waving Hidy Ho to Kim and Rachel!

Last edited:
I'm enjoying my holidays more than I thought I would! Yesterday I did CTX Power Circuits and today was CTX 10-10-10.
I got out the sewing machine that I got for Christmas that was still in the box and played with it yesterday. DD and I started sewing a little quilt for her room. I spent some time teaching her how to use the sewing machine yesterday and she just loved it!! She's always really enjoyed crafts and I've already taught her how to cross-stitch. She spent the whole evening making little blankets for her dolls out of scrap materials:D:D It was so cute. I had to make her go to bed and promise that I wouldn't finish our quilt without her.

I had company at home yesterday as ds stayed home with a bad cold. He is so focused on school though that he insisted in going for a couple of hours so he could get his work and do it at home. I'm just worrying about his cold because he is no longer on any preventative meds for his asthma and colds have always been a trigger for his asthma. Also he is leaving tomorrow on a school ski trip and exercise, cold air and a head cold just seems like a bad combination for a kid who spent alot of time in hospitals on oxygen when he was young. He tells me not to worry there is a hospital close to the ski hill.

Jo How frustrating on the test!!! It some ways it would be nice to go back to the old paper and pen for writing tests. Is it possible that they did get your original answers?? I could just imagine how sick you felt! So what classes are you taking next session? Can you get home before the snow starts to fall? 8" is alot at one time!

Cendrien Your back bothers you more during recovery week? Is it because it stiffens up when you're not as active? Has your DH's ankle healed well?

Rachael What a super busy and physical week for you! I was just thinking that not only is Feb rotation intense but you just finished the Jan rotation which was also super intense. You must be in great shape right about now! Any plans for after the feb rotation??

Last edited:
Good Thursday to all! I'm working from home today since we got a snow dump last night and my hill is a solid sheet of ice! No worries though, nothing like sitting by the fire on a cold day answering email! LOL!:p Actually I have a presentation to work on so I'll probably make more progress working from home without interruptions!

Kim, you are right about pen and paper! LOL! That's exactly what I was thinking at the time! :( Considering that's the first time I've had a problem out of 7 classes, I guess that's not so bad. I just hate that I still have to wait another week to know my results! My next classes are both management classes from my core: Total Quality Management (which is about the whole business) and Project Management. Again, like my last mgmt class, these are things I do already so I should be able to dive right in - it's just that I don't know all the concepts behind what I do! HA! ;) I hope DS is okay! I can imagine your apprehension about him. I agree with you, head cold and cold air don't seem like a good combination for asthma. I'm glad your holidays are working out well for you! Gosh 10-10-10...I haven't done that in ages! CTX is still one of my favorite series of Cathe's. I love your quilt project with DD.

Cendrine and Rachel, hope you're both having a good day! I better go get going on some work...but first...ta da...I'm going to go do a step workout! Yep, I haven't stepped in ages. I'll report back later what I did!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.