>>> 6 month STS Alumni August 2012<<<

cendrine

Cathlete
Hi All!

I thought I started an august thread earlier but I guess I only intended to.... lol!

Hot day today, here, we're opting to stay home, since we have no access to a public pool... I decided since there are mostly only indoor pools around here I am shifting swim lessons to winter and spend the time inside when the weather isn't nice anyway.... We are, or I should say, I am feeling like needing a lot of just down, quiet time, so I don't much feel like going places, exploring and all that, because I'm just needing to rest from the past few months of business...

Workout yesterday was Step Fit, I couldn't remember it from last time I did it, I think I had only done it once before when I first got my bundle. It was good and felt like it was much shorter than it actually was.
Today was the Gauntlet from terminator, I got the terminator a while ago but never did any of the workouts until today, so finally I did one! lol

off to do nothing....:p

Wow, that's a hard workout Cendrine! I love the Terminator workouts!
Your back seems to be handling more these days.

Yesterday I attempted To The Max extreme premix, didn't quite finish, that's a difficult workout! Didn't feel so good afterwards:eek:

Today I never got a workout in, busy with errands, groceries, baking a birthday cake for dd as we are leaving tomorrow to go to the cottage for a few days probably back around Wednesday.

What cake are you making? I broke down and had a little chocolate today, it's been a long time... lol
When I post my workouts it's a bit deceptive, because I don't do them as they are, I have to modify all the jumps, so it's not as hard a workout as if I actually jumped for everything, but I do raise the step extra to compensate some. I'm getting up there to lift similar weights to Catherine though, and I'm really happy about that but need to be careful not to get carried away and increase too much too soon...

We are trying to do multnomah falls tomorrow, it's supposed to be really hot though...

Enjoy the cottage and stay away from the poison ivy....if you can help it...;)

DD has been spending too much watching Cake Boss:roll eyes: She wanted to make her own birthday cake and had big decorating ideas. We made a 3 layer red velvet cake with cream cheese icing, I bought her some decorating gels/sprinkles and she decorated it. Looks good! She is turning 12 in a couple of weeks and her cousin is turning 9 the same week so we will have a birthday cake at the lake with my family this weekend. Then she will have her girlfriends over for a sleepover in a few weeks.

Going to the cottage today but it's actually rainy/cool for a change so not rushing out. Supposed to hot/sunny again tomorrow. No hurry since I'm off all week. DH has to be back to work Tuesday but my sister is also off for the week so if the kids are having fun we'll stay longer.

You guys forgive me for not posting. I can't even begin to tell you what's going on. But know that I'm here and maybe more busy than ever! Oh, and on top of this, we have a new baby! Meet Emma! I'll go post a picture.

For some reason I can't post her picture. I'll try something else! Anyway, DH surprised me with her and she's 10 weeks old (we've had her two weeks!). I have so much to tell you guys I don't know where to begin. Good news! I've lost 4 lbs though I can't believe it based on everything else going on. I'll get a picture to post but Emma is a sable german shepherd like Ibo! She is the cutest thing ever and also a tasmanian devil! LOL! We have to get her into training right away. She was tested and certified to be a police dog which means she has no fear of anything. I have scratches, brusies and torn pants and a skirt! LOL! Not really funny but the point is she is a FANTASTIC puppy! I haven't slept through the night since we got her but I will never be able to give her up!

Very Cute Jo! Congratulations!!

I'm continuing with the August rotation, Thursday was LowMax and yesterday was Pyramid Upper Body. Also took the kids to do lap swimming and a long bike ride so lots of exercise the last couple of days. Today is Slide and glide. Last weekend before back to work Monday.

Thank you Kim! I love her! I just posted another picture of her and me so you can see how big she is at 10 weeks! :) I'm working on a paper so will write an update post as soon as I finish. Having this wonderful new puppy and school and work is not working well for my schedule! LOL! Good news though, beside all my scratches and bruises, I'm getting tons of exercise! LOL!

Jo, what a cutie! I can understand that you are heads over heals! How fun!

I am sorry that I have been gone so long. I guess I got distracted... About midweek last week I started getting major stomach issues every time I ate. I would stop eating, then after a while I would feel fine and hungry and have an appetite, so I would eat, then I felt bad again, and it went like that over and over and I kept thinking, oh, I'm over it by now, I can eat again, besides, I'm hungry... So finally that didn't seem to work I decided to just try juicing for a few days to see if that would help me get over it. I'm on day three. thinking of easing into the world of regular foods tomorrow. I seem to do ok with the smoothies and juices, but I just don't know what this is. Dh had issues too but he seems to have recovered faster. I'm not feeling sick and am able to go about my day, although I did not have much energy to do the sjp circuit workout well this morning, but that might be because of not getting enough energy through food... I almost didn't go on the scales this week because I felt so big from being so bloated that I thought it would just be disappointing but it turns out at least if nothing else I have lost more weight. I'm almost at goal, so even though I have this food digestion issue, at least there is a silver lining... Hopefully all will ease back to normal, if not, I think it will be time for some allergy testing of foods or something....

Jo, I'm super excited about your weight loss too! so glad that your busy life has not prevented you from making progress!

Kim, how is your skind doing this week? Have you fully recovered?

Rachel, I bet you are busy planning your trip!

Just two weeks to go until our cruise, it's coming up fast! I'm really looking forward to it and I hope everyone will have a great time!

How are you feeling now, Cendrine?? Is your stomach back to normal? I still have a little rash left on my stomach but it's not really itchy anymore. So finished with the poison ivy for this summer:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Busy week back at work, haven't been too good about keeping to workouts. DH has been home on holidays so when I get home from the hospital everyone is in vacation mode so hard to get motivated. Monday night was PLB, then Tuesday we had a family tennis game, last night I took ds to buy new glasses. Maybe tonight I'll get a workout in but I doubt it, DH and I went for a walk after supper. I'm tired and need to pack/organize. We are leaving tomorrow for a 5 day trip down to Minneapolis. We want to get on the road early, 5:30 maybe. It's about a 7 hr drive.

I will really have to get back on track after Labour Day with food/exercise. I always find that I get total off a routine in the summer time.

So Cendrine and Rachael both have big trips coming up! Is everyone getting excited??

Im doing better, thanks for checking! I don't think I'm totally over it but I'm eating again and have also been drinking coconut water before workouts to help build up my electrolyte stores that were really low and I was feeling weak and dizzy because of it. So I'm working out and loving my increasing definition. I also picked up some probiotics and am trying to help my stomach recover with them as well. I have tried a new enzyme supplement, it's very pricey, but it was supposed to help reduce inflammation in the body if taken on an empty stomach. Well, I'm super excited to tell you that it has made a big difference! I have to take it about three times a day for good results, but I have been able to work out with some impact! Of course now my heart rate needs to get used to it... Lol!
We are all getting excited about our upcoming trip, it sure is coming up! Better start checking if I need to get anything for the trip before I run out of time...

Kim, have fun on your trip and enjoy the summer, you'll easily get back into your workout routine when your schedule is normal again! Is this your shopping trip? If so, what are some of the things you are hoping to find this year?

Rachel, I'm going to pm you so you have my number, in case you have time to meet up while you are here :)

OK I am alive !:rolleyes:
It has been busy around here. We have been trying to get everything buttoned up so that there will be no loose ends when we go and I also had the yoga workshop in Dallas last week. FUN!
It seems like I have so much to share and have no idea where to start!
It looks like you are all doing great on keeping up with Cathe! I did not preorder the new dvds. I have so many expenses right now with the teacher training coming up that I just could not justify another dime. LOL
I have some errands to run but I will be back later to try and fill you all in on everything!

Nice puppy JO!:D

Glad you are feeling better Cendrine!

We were down in Minneapolis for 3 nights, spent some time at Mall of America and then at a outlet mall and bought lots of clothes! Then we stopped in Grand Forks, North Dakota for one night. THe hotel there has a good water park and dd wanted to go there. DD's birthday is today, she is 12!

Back to work tomorrow for me, DH has the rest of the week off.

Rachael and Jo, would love to hear a bit more about your busy lives when you get a chance!

Im glad you had a good time on your shopping trip, Kim, and it sounds like you found lots of good stuff!

I was working in the schoolroom yesterday to try to get things as ready as i can before our trip. Just seeing everything that we are going to be doing this year made me want to get started! I sure love this curriculum!

Today im working out extra early, because right afterwards we're going to the dmv to take our tests to get oregon licenses... be glad when that's done...
Then i need to start thinking about packing... the kids are getting more and more excited!

Kim I posted a long post yesterday and when I went to submit, it just did not go through. We have had nothing but trouble with our new internet myfi thingy! Very frustrating but there is not much I can do with my limited knowledge so I let DH mess with it. It seems like the last week or so it has just been a madhouse around here.

Cendrine, I put your # in my phone and am hoping that once we get there and we get the lay of the land I will get to ditch DH and our friend for a little to meet up with you. I will txt you when I get in Portland and settled in.
Sorry I have not been more in touch lately!

In the last week a google group was started with all the people I will be in the training with. So far there are 38 so I am thinking it will be a group of 40. I have been scrambling to try to connect with some of the Oregonians to see if they might want to meet up while I am there too to arrange a carpool in Oct.but whatever happens happens. I am really flying by the seat of my pants here and it is a lot of fun!

Cendrine, There are at least 2 Scandinavian people so far, one from Denmark and one from Sweden. Kim, there is one Canadian! I thought I was traveling far:rolleyes: There seems to be a very diverse group. From yoga studio owners to baby yogi's like me:D

We are about to get ready to head to Dallas. I will try to catch up as much as possible though...hope this posts

That's too bad about the post Rachael! Any idea where the Canadian is from??

Went to a coworker's wedding last night, lots of fun, beautiful reception. Did some dancing.

This morning was Crossfire. Tonight dd is having some friends over for a birthday sleepover. 7 preteen girls, going to be a long night. I will put them in the basement so will be 2 floors down in case they stay up late. DS is escaping to his cousin's house for the night.

I borrowed a chocolate fountain from MIL. So the girls are going to make their own pizzas then do fruit dipped in chocolate. We actually have blue chocolate (white chocolate dyed blue)

Did you get everything finished at the DMV Cendrine?? DS is signed up for driver's education in high school this fall:eek::eek: There is still some question whether his vision will be good enough to drive as he borderline but we will start the process and see how it goes.

We are back!
Cendrine, so sorry we did not get to meet. Everything seemed to be a whirlwind with no downtime whatsoever! We were barely in Portland before we headed to the coast.
We started at Astoria before heading down on the 101. We hiked our bottoms off and I need to get organized so I can tell you where.
Not in any particular order...
We hiked around Multnomah Falls. We did the Wakheena trail which was about 3 miles give or take.
Not too far from Pacific city we went to Ecola state park and Cape Lookout (? I am not really remembering that too well right now) I know we were in the general area of Oregon's oldest and biggest Sitca Spruce tree and I think its largest Octopus tree. I am pretty sure it was around Cape Meares. We stayed at Cape Kiwanda and it had this sand dune that was steeeep! That took what felt like forever to climb up and no time to run down! I think your kids would love that Cendrine!
We did another hike too but the name and place are not coming to me right at the moment.
So we spent more time on the coast than anything else. We did get a distant glimpse of the smoke from the wildfires driving back on 18 from Lincoln city. They were far in the distance but the smoke was very definite!

Kim-I will have to go back and look at where the Canadian is from! I will get back to you on that.
I did not do any yoga or anything the whole time I was gone which is kind of ironic since there was a yoga studio on every corner. It was, on the other hand, easy to eat vegetarian and healthy while we were there because even at the smallest little diner there were amazing food choices!
It's Oficial! I loved Oregon!!!
I hope all is well with everyone.

I'm so glad you had a good time, Rachel! We have hiked Multnomah and wakheena falls too and loved them, sounds like you got some good exercise!

We just got back yesterday, and I'm sort of trying to get sorted out. The Cruise was wonderful, we had fantastic weather the entire time and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! I will try to share more later, hopefully post some pictures too!

I'm getting ready to do my cleanse so I am preparing for that by eating clean and juicing some. Since I had more than my share of sweets on the ship, that seems like a good time as any to reset my body! lol

Will catch up with you all later, still got lots of things to get done

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.