~~~6 month alumni~~~ Week of Jan 23

Rest day for me today. Time just seems to be flying lately, I can't believe it's already a new week again! I hope intensity goes well for you today, Kim!
hi Jo and Rachel!

Good Sunday.
I have to agree this month is just about gone. I can not believe it.
It was a rest day for me too so I am doing just that, when it comes to working out. DH and I are supposed to go eat dinner at my FIL's so that is what is on the agenda today.

How was Intensity , Kim?
I hope yall are all having a great day.

Not much to say this morning. Will do 4DS KB Cardio and LBB this evening. I was going to do the KB this morning but somehow that didn't happen.:eek:

Really lazy day yesterday, the cold makes you so lazy! Went to ds's hockey game in the evening and did Intensity in the morning and that was about it. Rachael, I find Intensity hard but doable with the different sections. Are you doing it today?

Have to be in court earlier today so going to drop kids off at MIL's and she will take them to school. After school they will take the bus to my sister's and I"ll pick them up from there. So lots of driving today. DH has taken Thurs/Friday off work to pack ( and all of next week) so I only have till Wed. to worry about driving:D That's going to be such a relief.

Did everyone have a good weekend?

I just finished disk 4 for the second time. Previously I chickened out on the pushups early and went to modified but this time I did half of all of them on my toes...remember, this is the disk that has like a hundred somthing pushups...lol, at least it feels that way.

I spent some time yesterday researching how to cut hair... my own that is...lol I think I'm gonna give it a try. My hair is naturally a bit wavy, so it's pretty forgiving...

Kim, i'm glad you got to be lazy yesterday, and happy for you that you are going to get some help soon with the driving!

Rachel, are you doing a job this week? I can't remember...

Jo, how was your weekend, and how's your tooth?

Late post for me today. We have had a really interesting day. We have had several calls about work. It is really unusual for a regular time much less the slow times like it is now. Now we just have to see if any of it pans out. We do have a little job to do tomorrow. It is just a small little thing though so nothing to brag about. LOL Work's work, though!

This morning I did LLB and 4DS kickbox cardio. I must have written something down wrong because that is what was on my schedule for today, Kim. I will have to go look and see what I did. Oh well I have a full week written down so there is no telling what I did.

So I will either be really busy pretty soon or I will still be on the fence looking at the pasture. Just have to wait and see.

Cendrine-Well how forgiving is that hair cut... I am terrible at that. DH used to always want me to try and give him a haircut and I would almost cry , I hated it that much! Even though he would just shave it anyway so it is not like if I messed something up it would be a big deal.
Way to go on all those push-ups. You must be feeling pretty good.

Kim-Sorry about the driving and the cold Kim! At least you aren't getting icky weather on top of the cold too. I was watching the news this morning and they were talking about hypothermia and how quickly it can happen in those kinds of temps. I can imagine that kind of weather. In -40's in can happen in 60 secs. That is amazing. I guess that means you have to be super careful!

Jo-Did Ibo miss you? I hope you are having an easier week.

Better go. I am poaching chicken for chicken pot pie.

Just finished my workout as planned, Rachael I double checked, week 4 was to start off with Intensity.
No court tomorrow, they didn't tell us why. I'm going to go into work and help out. They told me I didn't have too but I thought I might as well and then if we get another day off around the move I won't feel guilty not going in. Going to be kind of hard, to change my mindset I think.

Cendrien WTG on those pushups! How will you cut the back of your hair, just by using a mirror?

Rachael Hope those phone calls work out to be something good for you!

Kim, how nice that you get tomorrow off! I'm sure your coworkers are going to appreciate you helping out! Here's hoping you do get another day or two off during the move time!

I did cut my hair this morning after shower....;) Turned out well, I think, although I might trim some more off the ends of the bottom layer. I thought it would be better to be a bit conservative the first time and then I can always go back and take off more... LOL! It's a fun technique that gives long layers to your hair. All you do is brush your hair into a ponytail on the very top of your head, then you twist the pony tail one way and trim, then twist it the other way and trim. Then you let down your hair, tie away the hair below the ear or whatever landmark you want, tie up the rest of your hair the same way again as before but cut off about 1 or 2 more inches. I repeated this four times. The shortest layer comes to about below the cheekbone/jaw, and because my hair is a bit wavy, I just work in some curl encouraging spray and let it dry. Because there are layers, it adds a nice amount of volume without any work, and the waves cover up any imperfections there might be in the quality of the cut....:p

I might blow dry my hair straight one day to see just how it looks when you can tell the details...:eek: But it went well enough I now don't have to go figure out a time to get my hair cut....LOL!

Rachel, I'm happy for you guys to get calls! That's a great sign and hopefully it will result in some good jobs!

Quick post before breakfast but I will be back later.

Cendrine-I just had to comment when I saw how you cut your hair. My bf and I in high school did something similar to this and I loved my hair afterward. Mine was split in the middle with a pony tail to the front and back then just cut. We cut the front a little shorter than the back and I loved it. It turned out to be kind of a wedge in back and then a reverse wedge in front. I forgot all about that until you posted. I am glad you are liking how yours turned out too.

Better go. We have that little job this morning.
I'll BBL.

I did a tm walk and no equ. Abs. Now I'm running out the door to get my blood taken, fasting. Just a routine one, haven't had one in two years...
Rachel, how funny that you cut your hair the same way once...

Good Afternoon!

Don't worry it's me. :p I finally downloaded my software for my camera that I got for my birthday and it has all these nifty little things you can do to your pictures. One of them is a resizing option. It gives you several different sizes to choose from so it is easy to see which ones would be good for things such as uploading pictures to websites. My camera takes huge pics so before when I would try to upload them, I would either have to resize them in the camera (which was sort of a pain to remember where I did that each time) or have to wait forever for one to upload. Now it is so easy! I am very excited about this , as if you couldn't tell!

So obviously I changed my avatar which I have been wanting to do and added a few pics of my gym room. I still have some things to do like put the plug covers in and seal the walls but to do the plug covers I have to shim them out since the wood is on the walls and I have to turn the power off to that room and I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But for the most part it is done.

This morning I did IM2. It was super early and I did not sleep that well so I almost fell 3 times! Finally I think I was waking up and started doing better. I really am amazed that I have not fell or twisted my ankle ever.
I am going to try and get up early the rest of the week so I can get back into the habit.

Kim-It is very good of you to go into work today even though they said you didn't have to. I am sure it is hard to switch back and forth from one mind set to the other. I went and looked at the schedule and remembered what I did. When I was writing it in I skipped Monday so instead of scribbling everything out, I just wrote Intensity in at the end of the week.:rolleyes: LOL It seems like every month I do something like that.

Cendrine-I am waiting to see what the next rotation is but if it not a strength one, I might be right behind you on STS. The new avatar I posted was when I was doing it last time, I think and I miss that defintion that only STS gives.
How did the blood test go?

Jo-Hope you're hanging in there!

My alltime favourite workout, IMAX 2 is done. I know this one so well that it's nice not to concentrate on the choreography. Only 3 more workouts on this rotation and at this house!!

The new house looks almost move in ready. The only things left are the basement bathroom vanity/sink, kitchen sink/garbuerator (?sp) and some painting touch ups in the basement. The outside finishing of the house: stone/stucco will be done in the spring.

Rachael I love your workout room!! It looks like a real gym with the wood floors!! Are those hardwood or laminate? What are they like for doing high intensity? I have stumbled trying to do step aerobics before I'm wide awake.

Cendrien Was that fasting blood work for cholesterol?

Court actually doesn't start till after lunch tomorrow so I'm going to run and do some errands tomorrow after dropping the kids off at school.

Rachel, I love that room! It looks amazing! Nice work! I think it's cute that on one of the pics your cat comes walking in...:)

Kim, yes, the fasting was for the cholesterol. When I called the lab they said I didn't need an appt. So I went (luckily I packed work for the kids to keep them busy) The room was packed an I am sure we sat there for an hour! So needless to say, next time we will be making an appointment even though you don't need one....:rolleyes:

I can't believe you are so close to moving!

Late post for me but it looks like I am the first to be in today so everyone must be busy.
We went to visit some of the people at the shop we work out of alot. It was right down the road from another company that wanted to meet with us about doing some of their work.
That turned out to probably be a dud. Although they have gotten alot of the work around this area we found out why today. They are way under bidding. They asked us today if we would be willing to do the jobs they have now at the reduced price with the assurance that they would bid their next jobs closer to a going rate. DH nicely declined because it would be too much of a risk. It kind of seems like they don't know what they are doing so they might not last too long anyway. Oh well. :rolleyes:

This mornings workout was High reps and then I did the step from step jump and pump for my 30 min ss. Its kind of nice getting to use some of the old workouts for all the extra tm cardio Cathe has put in this rotation. Iforgot how much fun kung foo fighting was LOL

Cendrine-I loved the pic with the cat too. I had to post that one. Of course when I tried to get her in one on purpose after that she wasn't having any of that. :rolleyes:

Kim-So are yall moving in next week or are you taking the week off of working out? Like cendrine, I am super surprised it is already time for you to move in! It is going to be so much fun for us to see the pics you are going to post after yall start moving in!

Jo-Giving you a shout out!

Hope you are all having a great day!

Coming up for air again! Rachel! Love the new avatar!!! LOVE your workout room pictures! You're styling my friend!

Working hard again this week. Okay, so finished writing all my employee reviews last week and just finished "giving" the last one. So I got that pressure off me. Got my boss coming from Toronto next week along with the President from our parent company so now I have a big presentation to put together for them.

Okay, so got the tooth fixed. Turn out it wasn't a crown but a filling that came out. Then my belly button is infected at the surgery site. That started last week and got into see the Dr yesterday. (off course it was finally starting to get better.) I can't believe that happened! So they have me on antibiotics but I think I don't need them. Anyway, if it isn't WAY better by next week I have to go back to the surgeon. I truly think this is a surface issue and not an inside issue. I don't have a fever or anything like that...but my bb hurt like (well you know... :p).

I'm glad you're all getting your workouts in cause I sure AIN'T! :D

Kim, I'm still hoping your trial goes fast! I'm excited for your move! You'll have to most more pictures!

Cendrine, I love your hair cutting technique! Are you another curly hair girl? I have the straightest hair in the whole world! People always ask me what I use to get my hair this straight? LOL! I say really? I have noodle hair!

Rachel, I have to laugh about you almost falling while doing IM2. That's why I had started drinking a cup of coffee before I worked out. If I'm not more awake - I HAVE fallen MANY times. Glad I had those mats or would have really been hurt. I little caffeine goes a long way... :p

By the way, I only have my coffee in the morning and then I'm water all day! So I wasn't going to say anything...but I got full points on my giant paper. This paper was worth an entire grade! So it was important... ;) Rounding out week 4...3 more really hard and then finals. Next session I'll have writing so maybe I'll be able to work out again!

It's been such a looong time

Hello Girls! I am not sure if you will remember me or not, hopefully you will. I went MIA about a year and a half a ago. Much has happened within that time and I am just getting back to Cathe. It took me a few times of clicking around on the site to find you all and I am so glad I did. Anyway I hope you all have been well.

Julie

Well, I'm another late check in... I did disk 5 and had my chirp appt today. It's great to have back work and. Chiro on the same day :) she thinks it's the t pulls and us that get me all tight... so I will have to skip them next time to see if it helps... part of my bloodtest results from yesterday were already in! I was amazed!

Jo more congrats for you!you rock! Sorry about your bellybutton,yikes!
I wouldn't call myself a curly girl, more of a neither nor... lol if I brush my hair after washing,it tends to want to be straightish, but if I put in some curl enhancing product it gives me soft waves... no curls though...

Rachel it sounds like you guys have good work boundaries and I'm glad you can choose and aren't in a desperate place.

Kim how was id today? I hope you are doing well!

Hi julie! I remember you checking in with us! What are you doing for workouts?

Glad to see you Jo! It seems like there is just stress after another in your life right now! I'm glad you're on antibiotics, just to be on the safe side! It seems like a long time after surgery to be getting infected! Did the wound take a long time to close? Was it dissolvable sutures? Do you only have one course next session? (don't worry about answering all these questions if you don't have time,LOL, I'm just excited to hear from you)

I do remember you Julie. Are you doing STS again?

Well court wasn't supposed to start till 1:30 but I got a call at just after noon and told not to come in. Of course we don't get told what's going on. I don't really like the whole not knowing what my schedule is each day. I didn't go to work since it was only going to be a half day then I didn't go to court at all. So I got the day off. Got tons of errands done with regards to the move (5 more sleeps!) and did my workout.

Did 30 min on the tm, did a cardiocoach workout which I hadn't done in forever, forgot how much fun they are. Then did HIgh Reps which felt really hard today.

Rachael I love the cardio from SJP! Sounds like you guys did the right thing in turning down that job. I should finish up the Jan rotation on Sat. and then we move Mon/Tues so I figure I won't stress about working out when I'm organized in the new house I"ll get going again hopefully a week or so after we move?

Cendrine So are you going to cut the kids' hair as well? How's the dance and basketball going?

We stopped by the house and there was a cleaning lady there. Unfortunately she doesn't come with the house;), it's looking great. I don't think there will be any more pics till after we move as I packed the camera.

Kim, I wouldn't like the not knowing my schedule either, but when it means you can get some errands done that you didn't know you could fit in, then it's not so bad....;) Too bad that the cleaning lady doesn't come with the house ! lol
Sounds like you had a good workout even though it felt hard.
I have been cutting the kid's hair ever since they were born, so now I have a few new tricks up my sleeve. Dd has only had two hair cuts since she was born, because we all like her hair long, but ds has had his first hair cut when he was two weeks old.... LOL! He was born with so much hair, he had it long all the way down his ears! So him being a boy, I decided it was just time to cut...;)
I've been doing clipper cuts on him for a long time, but I have learned some tricks online last weekend that I will try out next time for a fancier cut;)

Hi just a quick pop in to say Good night! I'm actually getting to bed before 12! (It's 11:45!)

Julie, I absolutely remember you! You popped into my head the other day and I was wondering whatever happened to you! Nice of you to drop by. What are you up to? I believe last we heard from you, you were getting ready to move (I think :confused:) :D.

Cendrine, you're just cruising on STS aren't you! Is your back doing okay?

Kim, I forgot to tell you a friend offered to loan me her Insanity. She just offered it and I didn't even know she did DVD's. It's a gal at my work that knows I like fitness. Anyway, I said, yeah, sure I'd love to take a look at it (not that I have time to do it right now!)

Rachel, I really really really want to do high reps! Actually reading about all your workouts are killing me! LOL! I think I might be able to get to spinning tomorrow night if I can leave work by 4.

Talk to you all soon!!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.