5'3" weight? UPDATE

RE: 5'3

I know what I said about the article. I still don't see what it has to do w/giving medical advice.

Just b/c something comes from the Mayo Clinic doesn't mean it's gospel. I've heard other qualified physicians endorsing Atkins. There are a ton of opinions out there (valid & not) about which diet is best. It's up to the individual to experiment & find what works for them.

Truthfully I'm not saying anything's right or wrong about any diet. But your response to me came off as judgemental and condescending. I'm sure (or at least I hope) this was not your intent. No one in these forums knows everything about anything. If I disagree w/someone I've found the best response is to ignore it rather than insult them.

hmmm...i don't think i could ever stick to atkins. for me it's because i know that when peple go off atkins they gain it back twice as fast as other diet drop outs. why? because (according to the version of atkins i've heard of) the foods with atkins are no carbs, but can be high fat. then when carbs are added back in it actually adds up to a really bad diet.

personally, i applaud those that can stick with atkins, i see the benefits in it, my mother in law did this and lost 90 pounds. i just can't cut my carbs x(

so congratulations to all those who can take a plan and make it their own and make it work!!

maddie

But your response to me came off as judgemental and condescending.

I am sorry you took it that way. I wasn't judging you. I was thowing out caution that is all. No I don't know everything, that is why I provided links and suggested she talk to her doctor. A lay person quite frankly can not give advice like someone who has been in school for 8 years (minimum) and has had 4 to 6 years of residency training on top of practicing after residency. If you wanted to disagree with me you could have ingored it, but seeing as you took my comment personally I understand why you said something. Sorry you felt offended, as I said several times that was not my intent.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.