4DS total body?

Shaz

Cathlete
Has anyone tried the total body premix on the 4-day split yet? Any feedback? I was thinking of trying the total premix but choosing 1-2 rounds from each section to make it shorter and more doable for me. Then, the next time I could choose different rounds. I really like total body workouts and its great to be able to go heavy.

I have not tried it (I've been mixing up the muscles, though, to do a Chest/Shoulders/Triceps and Back/Biceps workout from the premix to avoid switching DVD's). BUT, I like your idea of choosing the rounds of, say, 1 and 2 from each set. AWESOME idea! That would get the full body w/o having the workout extend SOOOO long! Thanks for the idea! I need a full body workout to top this week off... that just may be it!

I have not tried it (I've been mixing up the muscles, though, to do a Chest/Shoulders/Triceps and Back/Biceps workout from the premix to avoid switching DVD's). BUT, I like your idea of choosing the rounds of, say, 1 and 2 from each set. AWESOME idea! That would get the full body w/o having the workout extend SOOOO long! Thanks for the idea! I need a full body workout to top this week off... that just may be it!

Let me know how you get on, you might get to it before me as I have a sore throat/fatigue thing going on at the moment.

I've been through the total body premix and noted down the chapter points, so that I can easily skip forward to the bodypart/round that I want using the premix rather than changing DVDs.

Shaz

I was thinking that this type of a full body workout would be somewhat like the pyramid combo workout on the pyramid DVD that I FINALLY tried out a couple of weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Feel better soon!

I did it this morning. It's long (97 min.) but it goes by pretty quickly, and it is definitely thorough. If one was time crunched, you could easily do just one set of everything. It also helps to have all your weights ready to go, your step set up, etc.

IMO, the weight work on 4DS is perfect. Pretty heavy weights without 8 zillion reps of everything or 300 versions of one exercise. I think this is a great series!

"I was thinking of trying the total premix but choosing 1-2 rounds from each section to make it shorter and more doable for me"

Have you done this and how long did it take?

I may split it up doing the legs and shoulders (since the calves are on this workout)on one day and the rest of the upper body on another. I'll save the core for cardio days.

>"I was thinking of trying the total premix but choosing 1-2
>rounds from each section to make it shorter and more doable
>for me"
>
>
>Have you done this and how long did it take?

I myself haven't done it but I have considered it since someone else mentioned trying it out. I guess the length of time would depend on which circuits you chose... but if it's 97 minutes total body and legs are about 30 minutes, I'd say upper body would run about 60-65, so any skipped sets would save you some time... I haven't marked down the times yet. Maybe I can get that done and let you know.

I have not done the total body, but made it through the 67 minutes upper body TWICE! It is one of my favorites. I feel like an amazon woman after I am done.

Cheryl

Cheryl -

The 67 minutes is the combined upper body segments w/no warmup/cooldown/abs, correct? Did you find you could keep your weights at a solid level ... as in if you've done them separately before, did you keep the same or close to the same weights?

TIA ~
Gibbee

>.. but if it's 97 minutes total body
>and legs are about 30 minutes,

I believe the legs segment is included in the 97 minutes. I was thinking you could get it all in in about 60min. by choosing 1-2 rounds for each body part.

Hi There,
I have done this one 3 times, its great!! 67 minutes just for all upper body, back/chest, shoulders, bi's/tri's. No warmup. I just added BC warmup. the leg section you can add on. Really, a thorough total body workout.
Steph

I did look at it briefly this morning and legs run 37 so it would be around 60+ for upper body. I just might give it a whirl myself! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.