40's this week

scubagirl

Cathlete
Hi girls! Hope everyone had a good weekend. Busy running around, basketball, Pampered Chef party, i even made pea soup! Just finished mma kb, did circuit blast on Sun, and boxing on Sat. Ronne, did you get your dvd's yet? I hope so! Lisa, how is work and Maddy? Murphy, I wish I was superwoman! I liked the 1 min breaks in 40/20! And my step is lower than theirs! Have a good day everyone! Mary

Hey everyone!

Busy day today, just doing "stuff", I only managed to work 5 hrs, oh well. Let's see I did 40/20 Sat, OMG, I had a feeling this one would be hard but then Mary said it was better than 30/30, well, I about DIED! I think next time I'll have to lower my step! And now I see Mary did it with a lowered step, I feel better now, I was beginning to think I was showing my age :) Sunday I did Legs/Glutes, it's been a while since I've done that one and I've made gains....until I get to the last 2 floor exercises, I was ready for it to be over! Today I took it easy and did 4DS back/bicep premix...I've never done that one, but it's good, short, sweet, to the point!

Mary, Maddy is doing great! I hope she just continues with my slop regime of food. I think our main problem has been her tummy issues. She's always had some reflux and now I think it's a lot, lot worse. Age, kidneys to blame. She' getting blinder by the day, poor girl! She's the senior in our family and she gets treated like a queen as it should be!

Ronne, I think the bands injure an already sensitive neck from a car accident when I was 5. I think I'll just use the old green band, I'm not a fan of the new bands, not enough give. How was London?

Hi Murphy! Hope you are well and not sick!

Gotta run and get Maddy's binder in her now that she just finished her slop (she hates me for it and hides).

Hey, I'm getting ready to go do MMA Boxing, then it's time for another busy day, sigh. I won't be around tomorrow because I have to go into work for a stupid class. Hope everyone has a good day!

Hello everyone

London was work so not very exciting! But the meeting went well.
The snow finally cleared this weekend which is a huge relief as I was heartily sick of it! Apparently more is forecast though :confused:.
No sign of the DVDs yet. I'm giving it another week before chasing.
Yesterday I did a premix from In the Ring and today I did GSBSB and Pilates abs. Really enjoyed both. Have decided to revisit the Gym Styles as I've not used them for ages.

Mary - What is a Pampered Chef party? I'm intrigued!

Lisa - Hope tomorrow's not too much of a bind. I like those premixes of 4DS, there are so many good ones.
Glad to hear Maddy is doing well.

Right, back to work!

Hi everyone! Just finished chest and tri's, from meso 2, I was shaking! I go back to work next week, so i am trying to work out heavy this week, I won't have as much time with work! Lisa, I love the boxing w/o! It is so much fun! Hope work goes ok. Ronne, those dvd's will come soon. I will say a little prayer for you. Pampered Chef is a home show party, this one is for cooking utensils and such, My SIL had it so I couldn't say no! Now this week my other SIL is having a jewelry party, can't say no to her either! Murphy, how are you? You aren't sick are you? Everyone have a good day. Off to the shower. Mary

Hi All,

No, I am not sick, lazy, but not sick. I was on a roll w/ exercise and then we visited my parents and I could not get any exercise in. I did manage to keep up w/ my push-ups but I had to hide (kids try to sit on my back as I do the push-ups!). I really get frustrated when they "help" me exercise. It is my only me time and... Anyway, I hope to get something in tonight and get out of this slump; you are all putting me to shame! :)

Murph

Hi everyone

Just a quickie today! Did LIS from 4DS. Did it on 2 risers and it was pretty effective!

Murph - cut yourself some slack! Anyway, push-ups with extra kids sounds really hard! :p

Mary - Oh, I understand now. I always try and get out of those sort of things. I never want to buy anything anyway!

Bye for now.

Hi everyone! Just finished tri-set legs, by the last tri-set I was DONE! Murphy, glad to see you back. I know the frustration you feel! It does get easier. How old are they now? Ronne, I really enjoy LIS! Especially the warm-up. Lisa, how are you? Maddy? Well, I need to get to Target, (love that store) and do some running around. Hope everyone has a good day. Mary

Hello

Today was GS CT and no equipment abs. Couldn't really feel my arms after that lot! I'm going to try to do the two upper body GS every week for the next few weeks to rebuild a bit of strength.

Murph - so how many are you up to on the push-up challenge?

Mary - is the tri-set the one without weights? Still no sign of those flippin' DVDs!

Lisa - hope all is well.

See you all tomorrow.

Hi All,

Nothing to report on the exercise front. DH promised that he would take the kids so that I could get something in tonight- I will report in tomorrow (insert sarcasm).

Mary - my little, little one just turned 2 and my "big" little one will be turning 5. Yes, :-0

Ronne - I think I am to 23 or 25 on the push-ups. I skipped week 2 by accident and could not figure out why they were so hard, the previous week was "easy". I am on week 4 and it is a little tough but being a superwoman... :)

Murphy

Murphy, I'm joining you in the 'exercise' slackers club. Somehow there just aren't enough hours in the day these last couple of days (work is killing me). I thought i may do some 4DS UB weights tonight, will see.

Ronne, I just came off a GS week, I had DOMS like you wouldn't believe...I'm amazed at how weak I feel when I've been away from GS for awhile. I can't believe still no dvds :(

Hi Mary, can you exercise enough for all of us? Maddy is good, she missed me yesterday when I was at work all day, I still walked her when I got home (she loved it). I'm not sure how I'm going to do it all when I have to start going into the office everyday....now I remember why I gained all that weight I did before I got into cathe. :( I MUST NOT GO THERE AGAIN!

Hi everyone! Today was back and biceps, went heavy, it was hard! Lisa, I know I am dreading going back to work! Sometimes I just don't like to leave the house! I have been meaning to ask you, have you tried Amy's slo-mo legs yet? Glad to hear about Maddy. Ronne, how frustrating for you with the dvd's, you have been more than patient! how do you go about tracking them? Does it normally take this long? I will send good vibes to your postman to get on the ball! Murphy, your kids are still very needy! Mine talk to me the whole time, (sometimes not much reciprication on my part), but they can do for them-selves, it will get easier! 25 on the push-ups is really impressive! Well, i might not get back tomorrow, the kids don't have school. So, hope you all have a good weekend. Mary

Hi all

Murph - I'm so glad I'm past those stages with small children. They look cute but they're flippin' hard work! Well done on the pushups - 16 is my max!

Lisa - Don't forget you've already banked loads of workouts so you can rest on your laurels a while yet! :) I know what you mean about trying to fit workouts round an office job though. It's really difficult.

Mary - Hope the day at home is good. I'm going to send an email to Cathe's CS first and take it from there.

Well today I did BC cardio and lower body premix followed by a stretch max segment. Burned over 300 calories on the premix according to my HRM! Should make up for the chocolate bar and cake I had yesterday!

Got a night out with DH tomorrow night as DD is at a sleepover. Haven't decided what we're doing yet.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Back in the saddle with exercise! Feels good! Ran 4 miles with CC6. My right knee is really bothering me I think from all the high impact STS cardio....I know running is impact, but it's a forward motion vs side to side.

Murphy, are you back in the saddle? Are you doing those pushups on toes or knees? I think the rest of us here are in the knee category. My hat is off to you for doing it!

Ronne, my body probably needs even more of a break than it was forced to take....I'll try not to beat myself up too much, especially since I walk 2 miles a day with Maddy. Enjoy your night out with DH!

Mary, I love being at home, I manage to keep myself entertained, I guess there are some that prefer going out. I'm just like my Mom, a homebody. Enjoy your day. I never got the slo-mo legs (they got me something else for Christmas) which was fine since I had the STS Cardio!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Still nothing to report. Let's hope I get it in gear for the weekend!

Lisa - I do the push-ups on my toes.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Murphy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.