40's in '10

scubagirl

Cathlete
Hi girls! How is everyone? Cold and snowing here, and I am all alone in the house and it is wonderful! I was sad that everyone left, now I remember how beautiful the quiet is! Today was GS C&T, my arms are still shaking, contemplating restarting STS with the new cardio. Lisa, how is Maddy? Murphy, you have been busy with your w/o's! Hi to you Ronne! Tomorrow I am going to attempt the cardio core circuit, I am still scared, but I will conquer my fears! Have a good day. Mary

Hey everyone! Ready for the new year?!?!?

I did Athletic Step today....OMG, that was HARD! My face was RED and I had to pause it once. Has anyone done that one yet? I didn't think it'd be so "steppy' (fine by me because I like step, although my plantar fasciatis doesn't). there were some parts I didn't master and in the beginning just stared at the TV. I never preview (my bad) but I got a good workout even staring sometimes. I swear it was harder than Hiit 30/30.

I also have done the MMA Boxing and Kickbox. For someone who hasn't liked kickbox, I REALLY like those! Has anyone done MMA Fusion? Is it hard, or along the same lines?

Mary, My son doesn't go back to school until Wed. DH went to Chicago today. When do you go back to work? Maddy is doing good, but still a very picky eater. Not sure why now....sometimes I think she is holding out for GOOD stuff (but she needs to stay on her kidney diet food or else she won't feel good). I have to watch that she doesn't eat the snow or she gets sick, she isn't drinking any water out of her bowl but readily accepts from a syringe. Go figure! Other than that she is doing really well, even barking for her food (hasn't done that in MONTHS, probably because we are always begging her to eat). I'm so ready for WARM weather! The sun came out for a bit yesterday, it was heaven, but then the flurries rolled in. I never thought just getting out of freezing (32f, 0c) would be heaven, but it is! We have another arctic front coming tomorrow but hopefully the cold won't stick around and this snow can melt! It is unusual for snow to stay around for a month like it has! I want do the new STS rotation but I'm waiting to get through all the STS cardios on my own once.

Hi Murphy, Ronne, Leisa, anyone else?

I just had to post these photos, Maddy and I were snuggling on the couch and she just looked too cute and content.

Attachments

• Photo on 2010-01-04 at 14.11.jpg
    Photo on 2010-01-04 at 14.11.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Photo on 2010-01-04 at 14.08 #3.jpg
    Photo on 2010-01-04 at 14.08 #3.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Photo on 2010-01-04 at 14.10 #2.jpg
    Photo on 2010-01-04 at 14.10 #2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1
Hi all,

Today I am going to do MMA. I am not sure if I will do boxing or fusion. I think I did the boxing already but now cannot remember. I must have blocked it out. :)

Lisa - Athletic Step is harder than 30/30? I have not done 30/30, but I did 40/20 and could not believe how crazy that was. I am beginning to wonder if Cathe was mad at us when she created these!!! Glad to hear Maddy is doing well.

Hi to everyone and see you soon!

Murph

Okay, ended up doing some Wii Sports stuff yesterday. It was okay. I did the MMA boxing this morning. I still think Cathe was upset w/ someone when she made these, I feel like I got a good workout. I don't have much of her high impact stuff so maybe this is what she is normally like. Someone please tell me, is she always like this?

Hi to all who follow.

Murph

Hi all

I've cut and pasted my post from another thread that I started because I am a MORON and didn't know this was here. Sorry for lack of personals as I've got to go and pick DD up from school. Will be back tomorrow to talk properly!

By the way, did I say I am a MORON?!! :confused:

Hi everyone

Happy New Year! Yes, I'm back, coughing and spluttering my way into 2010. Got a lovely soft belly to go with it as well. We had a great Christmas and New Year despite various illnesses hanging around. Ate too much, watched telly, played on DD's new Wii, the usual sort of stuff!

No exercise for me as yet as I'm a bit ill at the moment. I'm off to the doctor's tomorrow morning for help with a cough that just won't go.

I'm still waiting for my STS cardio as well - in some ways it's good it's not here yet as I'd feel even worse about not being able to do anything.

I had a quick peek and caught up with the thread last week. It sounds like you all had good Christmases (for the most part, anyway :confused:). Hit me with your news, ladies! :p

ps - thanks Murph for alerting me!

Hi everyone1 Ronne, you are too funny! I'm sorry to hear your sick! Hope it goes away soon. We missed you. I hope you get your dvd's soon, so you can be tortured with the rest of us! I just finished cardio core circuit, I thought it would never, ever end! But it is over, until the next time! Murphy, did you like the boxing? I love that one! haven't tried the Fusion one yet, or Travel Fit, (not a big band fan) Lisa, I previewed Athletic Step, it looks HARD! I will save that one for another day! I go back to work in a couple weeks, will give me a chance to clean up and organize around here. How is work for you? Picking up? Maddy looks adorable! Have a good day everyone! See ya tomorrow. Mary

Hi ladies!

No exercise for me so far...busy, busy, busy.....time to go to vet again, but this time for the CAT! She has some sores she's been licking at (she's hardly ever outside and if so only in her backyard so don't know what she picked up)...I'm concerned it needs more medication than just ointment and that it could be contagious to Maddy. Plus my PF is really flaring up (heel hurts when walking initially). That athletic step did a number on me! It was fun though! Yes Murphy, these are harder than her others in my opinion. I thought the boxing and kickbox were the easiest so far. I hate band work too Mary, was hoping DH would do travel fit while in Chicago but he's waaaay too lazy (shhhh, don't tell him I said that). Hope you feel better soon Ronne, you'll need all your energy for STS cardio!

I hope to get some abs in later, if not, then oh well, actually as I type this I don't think I will, I definitely will walk Maddy before the next arctic front hits tomorrow, Thurs and Friday.

Later!

Hi all

Sorry, busy and fed-up. Went to the doctor's this morning and, good news, I don't have a chest infection. Bad news, I've just got to ride this cough out. Also, I've got hives!! which is a nice winter bonus. Would like to cut my head off, frankly! :confused:

STS has started to appear on these shores but we got 20cm of snow last night so I think it might be further delayed. Oh well.

Apologies for lack of personals, promise to be back to my chipper self tomorrow! ;)

Hi Ronne, can I join you in the grumble club? I have a headache and cramps....yep, it's my time, lucky me. I did manage to get GS CT done. My head hurts so much I can't even see straight....guess it's time for more pills.
tomorrow will be better, right?

Hi girls! Today was GS legs, hadn't done that in a while, a little ugly with the ball work and band work on the floor. My abs are sore from yesterday's w/o. Lisa, hope you feel better, I haven't had a period since Nov.! Did a pregnancy test (I don't know what I would have done if it came back positive!) I think I am beginning the change! I don't miss it tho! Ronne, hope you feel better too! Do your hives itch? Congested and itchy? What a miserable combination! Hi Murphy, what did you do today? have a good night all1 Mary

Hi All

I took yesterday off, not feeling well. I did manage to do my week 1 100 push-ups thing. Yes, I am starting over my 6 weeks to 100 push-ups program. I fell of the wagon last time so I am trying it again. I hope to squeeze in some abs today and more push-ups. BTW, I did the MMA boxing the other day and really enjoyed it. My shoulders are still sore - is it just me or is anyone else feeling it there too? It must be all the punches b/c I feel it there too w/ my other boxing dvd's but it just seems sore longer.

Murph

Hi yall! Well, I finally tried MMA fusion today. Combo 1...hey this isn't bad, I can do this, Combo 2--oh no, not those rolly thingys, can't do it, a bit discouraged, cardio 2 --- crap, mountain climbers stand up down again....I just can't get up and down so fast, so I pulled out the top of the step to put my hands on so I don't have to go down so far (I'm blaming my pooch belly), combo 3...whoops, pull out the step top, again for moves where you drop to the ground, cardio 3, oh my more rolly things crossing your legs then coming up on your knee, I found if I put my legs folded to the side I got up so did them that way, I'll never be able to do them like Cathe does. So midway through I thought, I'll never do this one again as I can't do a lot of these things, but by the time I got through I thought, not too bad with my modifications, I'll do it again though it won't be one of my favs.

Mary, I'm doing GS series, have legs on tap for the weekend, my triceps are sore from CT yesterday (made the punching hard today). Oh, and I'm jealous that you are skipping cycles already! I'm to the point where they are just coming closer together (like 26-27 days instead of 30-32 days). I do believe a bit of extra sugar in my diet causes all the nasty pms stuff, so I better tighten up my diet....oh joy.

Ronne, feeling better? What do you have hives from? I once got a heat rash from going from CO cold weather to FL warm humid weather --- I was miserable.

Murphy, maybe it's the pushups in combo with boxing causing shoulders to be sore? I don't get sore in the shoulders from boxing, and I've decided that I detest pushups and I'm OK with doing them on my knees, I have nothing to prove anymore :)

Have a good one ladies!

Hi everyone

Slightly less grumbly today, glad I'm not the only one ... :confused:

Lisa - that MMA Fusion sounds tough! And I am so glad to hear you saying you just do push ups on your knees. It's such a relief to not feel like the only wimp in town (there are two of us, right? :D)
I think I got the hives from a chocolate biscuit! A friend brought some back from Barcelona. I had two on Monday and went itchy that night, then one yesterday and came out again. Do you think someone is trying to tell me something?!

Murph - I've always fancied trying that push-up challenge. Keep checking in here and we'll keep you on the straight and narrow!

Mary - Wow! Well, that is good news about your periods. I would be glad never to have another one! They're coming too frequently for my liking (just like you said Lisa!)

Well, today I did 25 mins of Karen Voight yoga. It was good. I was coughing a bit after but it felt nice just to stretch my body out a bit. Think I'm going to do gentle yoga every day until I recover.

DD had a second snow day today so have been busy entertaining her. Now, I've got to catch up with work (after catching up with my Cathe friends first of course!)

See you tomorrow!

Hi everyone! Cursed myself! Guess what arrived today?! I was not missing it at ALL, Well, I did enjoy the last 2 months without it! Haven't gotten a w/o in yet, tomorrow am supposed to do GS BSB, maybe throw in a HIIt one after? Ronne, sorry about the cookies, (a biscuit is a cookie, right?) Maybe it is just the ingredients from Spain? Glad to hear you are feeling better. Murphy, Good for you with the push-ups, I still do my from my knees too! My DH always yells at me to get on my toes. Lisa, haven't tried Fusion yet! Maybe this weekend? Sounds like a challenge. Have to run out, Talk to you tomorrow. Mary

Hi all

Mary - how ironic, hey? Oh, well, it was nice to have a break, I guess. Did you say you're thinking of doing a HIIt straight after a Gym Styles? Wow!

Well, school opened today so DD's back. Managed to catch up with work so won't have to work tonight. Going to the cinema to see The Road tomorrow - might as well make myself more miserable!!

Have a good weekend, everyone.

Happy friday everyone! I did GS BSB...WOW, these GS are tough when you've been away from them for a while! I THOUGHT about doing a HIIT afterward like Mary, but quickly came to my senses!

Ronne, enjoy the Cinema, what is the The Road? Sorry, I just don't keep up with movies. I did see avatar, it's good, want to go see it again (that's unusual for me).

Mary, I had to chuckle that you jinxed yourself, sounds like something I would do. Sounds like you are on your way to skipping here and there, lucky you! I'll probably be 50 before that starts happening to me if I follow my sisters.

Murphy, I've been meaning to say that MMA Kickbox I could NOT get that 3rd combo down! In time.....

Have a good weekend everyone! It's going to get warmer here (50s) YEA! Maddy is doing well, I think making her DRINK a lot of water is helping tremendously! Who knew? Most kidney dogs drink a lot, not her, and I think that the DOWN days have been because she hadn't drank very well the prev 2 days or so. Will see, but feel hopeful, hope is always good.

Hi girls! Happy weekend! Ours started early, no school today. I just finished Hiit Pryamid, made the kids do it with me, taking a break and will go do GS BSB, So many errand yesterday. One good thing, the kids thought the w/o was freakishly hard! Ronne, what is the Road? We just saw The Princess and the Frog, very cute! Lisa, 50's/ I'm jealous, 14 here right now. Can't send the kids out, supposed to get up to 20, then I'll send them out! Hey, Murphy, how are you? Good weekend to you all! Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.