40's - Hop to it!

fitover40

Cathlete
Starting off thread, hope everyone has a good day.

Jody, I totally screwed up my eats yesterday, really bad painful day and I caved. Yea, on your 125, hope everything goes ok for your Mom. Did she have heart pains and go to ER and now they are doing the stress test?

Happy Easter! Quick hello. Jody, prayers to your mom. I will be thinking of you and your family. Lisa, enjoy that Mexican food! I love it! Roxie, hope you feel better and GS is better. Murphy, hope the kids found their baskets! I will be back on Tuesday. Mary

realized previous post was Backward with lackof fforeground
issue lotsofback ground. painfrom fall last week suddenly escalated. she wad sobbing with it. er visit and pain meds.test show enlarged heart. may e released today. maybe cath? depending on test. ugh have to chang input on texting
this started friday.

Jody, prayers for your Mom. My Mom went thru many stress/caths/stents, not fun! worst part for her was hving to lay flat for x hrs after cath only to repeat again when stent put in. One time while visiting here, same thing happened, only this time, immediate stent even with transport to another hospital. I really do have to say our medical care here was soooo much better than she got in FL and she was very impressed. I hope all works out with no more issues with your Mom and that her pain subsides (I totally understand being reduced to tears with pain, albeit a bit different situation)

home, want to work out....what will i choose?
35 min of assorted step. mood pretty much effed from the get go.

Last edited:
Did an AT premix today. I think I am going to try something new this week/month. I am going to try some of the premixes and focus on one dvd at a time. This week will be AT. I am hoping that since I slacked off last week and got up late (b/c the kids had break) this will help me to get back into the early morning groove. I was supposed to do MM this morning but kept hitting the snooze button... Anyway, let's see how this goes. Today was legs so tomorrow will be upper body.

Jody - prayers out to all of you.

Waves to all

Murphy

Good Morning,

It was a good weekend both DDs came down with their DH and BF and GS was in a really good mood even though he still isn't feeling well he does great with his breathing treatments. I am not feeling well at all I should have told everyone to stay home but I wanted to see them. I have a horrible cough my throat still hurts and I have to sleep in a chair to be able to breathe and keep from coughing. I am planning on doing KCM this month so if I get up the energy it will be TLC Circuit Burn 1.

Jody-sorry to hear about your mom hope she is feeling better.

Hope all had a nice Easter. We had nice time but I was exhausted and ready for my ice pack after they left....then took a nap. HAd a rough night hurting last night, not sure what I did yesterday to make my neck unhappy, this morning feels a sharp pain (like the actual nerve pinched) in my neck...maybe the meds are helping to not feel the pain travel up and down my neck. I did do AOLI and felt my neck the whole time. Tomorrow MRI.

Jody, I hide some reece's eggs aroudn the house like I used to do when my kids were small (and what I used to do for the dog...but using little dog treats). I thought the kids would think it lame, but they enjoyed it :) How's your mom?

Roxie, I bet it's awesome having a grandchild. I just love my granddog (and she loves me too, kinda knows I'm her grandma :) )and I can only imagine how it will feel when it's a child :)

Murphy, that's an interesting strategy. I've slacked off last few days (with w/o and really bad with eats). And now I have too much sweets in the house!

Mary, kids back at schoool this week?

Ronne, when do you get back?

Did the UB premix of AT. It started off like yesterday and I started feeling like I should have thought this out more, but then it went to the UB portion, which I like, and it got better. Yesterday I saw this month's rotation and it looks pretty good. Of course I am now rethinking my strategy. Hmm. Anyone else doing the rotation?

Roxie-glad to hear that gs is on the mend. Feeling better?

Lisa-how are you feeling?

Jody- how is your mom?

Waves to Mary and Ronne.

Murphy

Good morning! Jody, how's your mom? I hope all went well. Lisa, hope the MRI went well. You see the doctor tomorrow? Hope you are feeling ok. Roxie, how are you feeling? Is the cold getting any better? Murphy, I have to go look at the rotation! I did my preorder on saturday! Waterpark was fun, crowded! I love to people watch, there was lots to watch! Kids were exhausted! I did SC today, went quickly. Kids are off the rest of the week, I feel bad cuz we have to work. Well, what are you going to do? Have to run into work, do lots of wash and we have a wake to go to. Hope everyone is well, Mary

Good Morning,

I feel worse today then I did yesterday my face and head hurt and the cough is awful. I didn't workout yesterday and I really want to today but anytime I move it makes the cough worse.

Mary-good job with your workout. Waterparks are interesting places to people watch.

Lisa-you will have a blast with a grandbaby.

Been awake since 3am, woke up, a little numb on left---that's when I can't get comfie (especially knowing I had to bet up in a couple hrs.) Had MRI, wasn't so bad! Worst was I had to lay in that thing for 30 min. I got the MRI and films on disc and have been looking at it and trying to see what is what based on info I found on internet. My guess, disc herniation at C5/c6 and C6/c7, don't think they've damaged spinal cord yet. then 2 bone spurs impinging on some nerve roots. Will see if I'm close tomorrow at dr appt. :)

Roxie, hope you feel better, no w/o for me either.

Mary, It's spitting snow here. I have a slight headache in addition to the neck pain now, nice. Also think the advil has caused me some stomach upset so trying to lay off that. Hope I get some good drugs tomorrow and a fix to this problem!!!!

Lisa, I'd be doing the same thing, looking at my test and trying to see what I can figure out. Good luck tomorrow.
Roxie, still feeling crappy? Ugh!
Mary, did you order most of the set?
Murphy I haven't looked at the new rotation- I don't think I've ever really stuck to one, but I am thinking about doing STS or some version of it after my xtend is done and I'm at a lean weight. I think the results would be cool if I stick to it.

Mom is OK, well, considering overweight, high cholesterol, diabetic, smoker x 60 years, and so on. Pain was from the fall, but it escalated wildly for some reason (personally I think it had a lot to do with me telling her I wasn't sure if I was going to make Easter day). Once in ER with chest pain, one gets evaluated for cardiac. Her stress test was negative, but she has mild heart enlargement and a lot of ectopy - irregular beats including trigeminy and bigeminy, multifocal pvcs. I was watching her monitor- it was a delight from a learning arrhythmia's point of view but disconcerting from a dtr point of view. I don't think she is going to change her lifestyle, but I hope she can stay as healthy as possible and feel better.

also, if you give a senior citizen an iphone and texting, be prepared to receive texts about constipation, lol.

My workouts today included a triple tabata from TTM and Xtend class.

Lisa, so glad you will get some answers tomorrow. I don't know how you figured out the pictures! I never know what I'm looking at! Jody, what a relief about your mom. I have noticed the correlation between age and obsessing about bowels! I hope that doesn't happen to us! Roxie, I hope you are on the mend. Jody, I ordered everything but the spin DVD. I just can't resist! No will power, plus I want those leg workouts! Love working legs! Have a good night! Mary

Mary, I never would have known what to look for, but stumbled onto a site explaining how to read cervical MRIs. Between that and figuring out how to make the software give me the horizontal slice with the vertical slice at same time I think I'm close on my guess. Good thing I'm a computer programmer so that I can stumble around software and figure out how to get it to show what I want. I never thought I'd be wanting surgery on my neck so bad. I'm so ready for this to be fixed.

Jody, oooh, does that mean I can text you about my constipation? ahahah DH is tired of hearing about my neck and my constipation :) I so take after my Mom in that area, tension = tight bowels .... TMI :) add pain killers and it's a recipe for disaster. Glad your mom is ok, at least you got to entertain yourself with medical equip info. Wanna look at my MRI :)

If you all are interested, here are some pics I captured from the software, first is cross section (looking down from top of spine), I believe this section is showing bone spur impinging on nerve root on right of pic (which is my left on body), see how in middle there is white (spinal canal), and a branch of white off to left, but none off to right?, second is of spine, see the black discs that bulge out into spinal canal and breaks the white around the spinal canal (the 4th and 5th black space (ie. disc) ? Hope no troll comes in to see this! and hope there isn't too much personal info on here....

Attachments

• LisaNerveRoot.jpg
    LisaNerveRoot.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 3
  • LisaLateralMRI.jpg
    LisaLateralMRI.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Lisa, you are amazing! I see what you are saying! People go to school for years to do that! Ok, little nursing trick, the brown bomb! Prune juice mixed with one ounce of milk of mag, warm. It usually works!

Lisa, yes you can text me as well. I txt back to mom. Hi Mom I hope you make a big doo doo today. xoxox.
Mary, brown bomb, lol. Also less potent but still effective, hot coffee and prune juice?
I looked at pics but not long enough to see what was what, I have to regroup for Wed long day starting early.

Good Evening,

Still feeling like crap whicb seems to be a big topic here lol. My MIL is always talkng about her bowels.

Lisa-when I worked in the nursing home we gave people fruitball whicb was prunes and milk of mag mixed together.

Mary-you are crazy for liking leg workouts I strongley dislike leg day.

Speaking of constipation - DH was "backed up" over the holiday. I wish I had known about the prune juice remedies!
Today I did HiiT 30/30. It sounded like a good idea at the time and I almost chickened out but then changed my mind and went for it. I did some subbing (jogged hard for the high knees) and slowed down some moves and skipped the tuck jumps (just did not have it in me). Overall I was pleased. I feel like I am getting better.

Mary - I like leg workouts too, but that is b/c I need lots of work on my legs (actually the whole body)
Roxie - sorry to hear you still feel like crap. I hope you feel better soon.
Lisa - I too never know what I am looking at but I can follow your descriptions. I hope you feel better soon too.
Jody - glad your mom is feeling better.
Ronne - I hope you are having fun (she went on vacation right?)

Murphy

Oh my what has this w/o checkin come to? Ronne's going to come back and think she's in the wrong group! lol See what you started Jody? :) Mary, I think it's funny you love to work legs yet you have hip problems, I love to work UB and I have neck problem.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.