40's+ December -last mth of 2013!

fitover40

Cathlete
just putting a dec thread, I will be so happy to see 2013 go. No w/o, puppy palooza. DS21 has a bunch of "rules" with the puppy, and I got busted. DH left :( Longing for my quiet house........my old body........

Hi everyone

Apologies for going AWOL. I've had a heck of a work week, flat out for deadlines. Also, my cold turned into a sinus infection and I developed back problems last Monday. I've been having a bit of lower back pain on the left hand side, but was trying to work it out. Not a good idea. I was nearly in tears by the end of Monday cos it hurt so much. I didn't workout at all that day and it was worse than the day before when I had worked out! Anyway, since then I've been really careful, done very gentle stretch workouts, worked up to Karen Voight, then TurboBarre and today did LM. Feeling OK so far.
Sorry to have not been posting, I haven't even been lurking!! I just couldn't face it.
Anyway, I've had a quick read through and pretty much caught up with you all. I won't do personals now, apart from to say hi to Murphy and I'm glad things are going well so far. Will keep everything crossed for good news in 8 weeks.

Good morning! Today did an Ilaria w/o, Atletica 3, it was hard! Just a series of drills, simple, but challenging. Yesterday was YR. Ronne, sorry to hear about your rough week. I'm glad you are on the mend. We missed you! Lisa, I would imagine it would be hard to have so many adults living in the same house. Maybe a few days to work out the kinks and it will all flow better? When will DH be back? Jody, orientation day? Did you get 12 hour shifts? Will it become permanent when you graduate? Lunch was nice, we surprised them at the restaurant they always go to lunch with 50 roses and lunch. They left yesterday to recreate their honeymoon in Niagra Falls. Roxie, how did dinner go yesterday? Murphy, how are you? Yesterday went to see Frozen, very sweet story. Cleaning today and I need to get shopping! Mary

Good Morning,

I decided to do Cathe's Dec Timesaver 2013 Rotation it will make me use the new workouts that I don't seem to want to do so today was X10 X42 and it was a toughie. Question for you all how long should I give old bosses to decide if they want to hire me back its been 2 weeks?

Ronne-sorry to hear you have had a rough time hope things get better.

Mary-the dinner went great but it was exhausting having a 5 year old and 1 year old around they went nonstop.

My school work flows thoughtfully and effortlessly for me. <----that was an affirmation in case you couldn't tell.
Mary, sweet, back to Niagra!
Its more of a seasonal job, probably nights on Fri and Sat and not even a guarantee of a per diem position once season (Jan- to April) is over. Hopefully I will stay on. It is a really nice facility.
The perfect job is coming my way, my world is filled with abundance. <----another affirmation, lol.
Roxie, IDK, a few weeks? Feel free to use my affirmations.
Lisa, you won't be able to make up rules w/ grands either so maybe get used to it.
Ronne, I'm also sorry about your week, I hope you feel better!
Waves to Murphy

things are back to normal in the house right now, DS21 and GF went back to respective colleges. DS21 has short days at college so thinks he can crate puppy while he's gone. He seems to think dogs should just know what commands mean :) I think he now sees what I said when I said dogs are a lot of work! And he has to train his more since it will be so big when grown (70 lbs). I puppy sat this morning, I feel bad but that puppy is just duffy, clumsy, oaf. I guess I'm partial to certain breeds, I sure hope I don't get partial to grands :)

I did walk the dogs today 3 miles, very windy, before the snow comes. Neck feeling better now, guess I pushed too much, heck even my lower back stopped hurting. Guess I can't do as my as I thought/wanted.

Jody, I love your affirmations :)

Roxie, maybe the holidays are slowing them down on making a decision?

Mary, what a nice surprise and honeymoon recreation! DH comes back thursday, thankfully house is now back to normal. Will see what DS21 decides about Christmas time, is it easier training here or in his apartment, now he knows how it is in each place. Stupid puppy only wanted to eat rocks this morning!

Ronne, I'm afraid we are entering a chapter where we have to workout smarter not harder. Really trying to stick to clean eating this week.

Good Evening,

I have a job interview Thursday morning for a CNA job that I didn't even fill out and app for you are just suppose to show up at a certain time kind of weird.

Lisa-you get know say in how your grands are raised so get use to them thinking they know everything and you know nothing.

Jody-I will steal your affirmations.

Hi everyone

Roxie - well, it's good to get an interview anyway. I would get back in touch with them soon, I wouldn't leave it more than 3 weeks, it can't take that long to decide.

Lisa - I bet you're enjoying the peace and quiet! You're right about working smarter. I'm really trying to pay attention to my body and not push it too much.

Jodie - good job with the affirmations. I read something interesting recently that chimed with me. Instead of saying I mustn't or I shouldn't (I mustn't have that bar of chocolate/I shouldn't have that glass of wine/I mustn't fall out with my mum) it's better to say I don't (I don't eat chocolate every day/I don't drink 3 glasses of wine a night/I don't argue with my family!). I have tried it a couple of times and it did help a bit. It's a bit like your affirmations, instead of forbidding yourself or criticising, you're reminding yourself of your behaviour.

Mary - That's a lovely thing to do. I hope they have a great time. I've never tried Ilaria, I'm always looking at her clips but they scare me!

Did Xtrain Bis and Tris. Went a bit lighter in places but I was pleasantly surprised. Also, was very cautious about how I stood and tried to be hyper aware of my back.
I won't be around tomorrow. I'm meeting my mum for a shopping day with lunch and a visit to a Christmas market.

Hello! Today did a Jari w/o, extremely ripped and chisled. Was ok. I did get a few new ones last week, couldn't stop my fingers! Also, on my ipad, I have an app called fitnessclass, and they gave me a week of free w/o's. Trying to mix things up. Ronne, have fun with your mom, that sounds like a great day! Roxie, do you have to take the CNA class or do they train you? Or are you all ready a CNA? Jody, I think affirmations do work, we just have to keep it positive and keep the negative thoughts from creeping in. (something I'm guilty of!) They will love you and want to keep you always! Lisa, glad your life is back to normal! Now, listening to you and Roxie, I'm getting scared for them to grow up! I know they think I'm stupid now, (they don't tell me, I can see it! LOL) when they leave and come back they will know I'm stupid! But they'll tell me! Ahhhhh! Well, have to get some shopping in, I wander around, can't pull the trigger! Have a good day! Mary

Good Morning,

I dis Great Glutes Timesaver #2 and let me tell you those hydrants and pizza presses at the end are killer I got my HR all the way up to 208. The old bosses got back to me today and they are offering 2 days a week I am trying to negotiate 3 days so we will see.

Ronne-I couldn't wait I had to text her yesterday to ask if they had made a decision.

Mary-I already am a CNA at one time I was a CMA but my liscense expired and its been so long I would have to retake the class and there are alot of new drugs out there.

Lisa-enjoy the peace and quiet.

Today I did ME UB only, decided to make sure to do 1/2 the amt of weights I usually do. Well, for the chest press, 1/2 of 8 is 4, so I thought, surely 5 is good, uh, I could feel it in the neck and was too lazy to change out to 3's, hope I didn't anger it too much! Tricep KB I went with 5's (same wt.) I think it was alright. I think I'll ask massage lady which muscle group tends to work neck in addition. She is a wealth of knowledge! Then took dogs for 3.25 walk before our storm rolls in at noon. It's going to be c-c-c-old, 15F for a high!

Roxie, I hope you get what you want (3 days), I was a bit lost this morning as to what to do with myself. I should clean something, but didn't want to. Ceiling fans really need cleaned and I talked myself out of it because it would be hard on my neck looking up (excuses?).

Mary, as DH and I was being told how to do things and the rules with the new puppy, I said to DH (after kids left), it's amazing we were able to raise 2 successful kids being as dumb as they make us sound! My DS21 is such a perfectionist (must have got it from my Mom and oldest sister because I didn't get that gene!)

Ronne, good job going lighter were needed, I NEED to remember and not feel like I'm 20 still (especially my neck, it's more like 80 :) )

WAves to Jody and Murphy, hope your day is going great!

No w/o probably for a few days, DS21 dropped his puppy off for me to watch. He's trying to study for finals and the puppy is just too active and he says he can't walk it because it pulls on the leash and that the puppy needs to play with my puppy for exercise. I'm no expert on puppies but I hope he starts being more realistic on what they know and can learn at 9 wks. I have some DOMS in my chest from yesterdays w/o, my neck isn't too bad, I head for a massage today. It's cold and snowy, yuck! Tomorrow morning I drop off my puppy to get spayed. Not sure how that's going to work since DS puppy won't be able to play with her (sounds like more work for me :) ) I sure hope DH plane isn't delayed thursday by all the polar weather moving in across the US.

Good Morning,

I did RK Timesaver 1 today and I believe my hr monitor has and issue because it said my max hr was 203 thats two days in a row its been high so I don't believe it. I haven't heard back from the old bosses about adding another day or starting this week so I guess I have to hope things go well tomarrow.

Lisa-I hope ds soon realizes that you know what you are talking about.

Roxie, why not take the two days and keep looking for something local? Sounds like they needed you a lot before so once you are in they might ask if you could please do more and you can be like oh maybe IDK if I want to, lol. Roxie, can you count your pulse and check? What is your highest usually?

Lisa, a large puppy who pulls might not be good for you to walk right now but good luck w/ all that. You've got snow on the ground, my dad just sent me a pic of a gator hanging out by the pond outside his condo. Gators better than cold!

I had 3 aborted attempts to work out yesterday, wasn't feeling it. I did KCM Circuit Blast today. I'm sorta meh about it- maybe b/c the boxing. I look like a back up dancer for the Brady Bunch when I do that stuff. I might try to do a Cathe later CW or SJP, hopefully I'll be feeling it. I need to at least start walking on days when I can't muster.

Attachments

• dads gator.jpg
    dads gator.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Hi girls! Today did Toby Massenburg, Chisled, wow! I really liked it! It was challenging, over an hour, but the time flew! Roxie, be careful! That's high! Do you feel ok when it says it's that high? I think Jody is right, work the two days, the will see how much they missed you and give you more time. Good luck with interview tomorrow. Lisa, funny about him needing you to take care of (train) the dog! Do you think it will end up being your dog now? Your cold is heading our way, 62 today and it will be 19 by the weekend! Jody, I would literally pee my pants if I looked in the backyard and saw that gator!!!! I'll take snow anytime over that! Maybe when you get on break your workout mojo will come back? You won't feel so stressed. Ronne, how was the Christmas lunch? Hi Murphy! Have teacher meeting today, haven't done much in the way of shopping. I only see things I want! I have to get in the giving spirit! Mary

Ha ha Mary, I was wondering same thing, if this was going to end up being Lisa's dog. I'm thinkin' it will be a giftless holiday this year. Maybe New Year's presents? Have fun looking! I want a Fit Bit Force but I would obsess over numbers so prob better to not have!

oh you guys are funny! No, this dog will not become mine! He may be cute as a puppy, but he wears a dopey, dufus, face, when I know he knows what I'm saying. Add in the ears and he's Dumbo. Then his running is more like glomping, this type of dog has no coordination and looks so dopey gloping along (think of a horse trotting with no coordination and not in a forward movement), he looks dopey along side my slick Shiba Inus racing around in the snow. Dumbo is a german shorthair pointer.

Jody, I did not like alligators and crocodiles when I lived down there. I remember water skiing once and wiping out and my friend yelled "hurry up there are crocodilles around here".....you never saw someone get their skiis back on so fast and what the heck was she taking me in an area that had crocodiles.

We don't normally do gifts, I give all year round (to myself) and some to the kids, nuthin' for DH :) lol

Hi everyone

Lisa - like Jody said, be careful that puppy doesn't drag you around. Sounds like you're still working full time but as a puppy trainer!! Well done on the adapted workouts.

Jody - oh wow, the photo! That's amazing. Do you have mosquitoes in Florida?

Mary - what did you buy? I saw that one on Collage - it looked really tough!

Roxie - perhaps you could combine a couple of part time jobs?

Had a really nice day yesterday. I did a little bit of shopping, I've pretty much finished my Christmas shopping now. Just a couple of things to go. We had a great lunch, Spanish tapas and red wine!
Back to work today, it's got a bit quieter and under control thank goodness. Did Xtrain Legs, seemed OK. I skipped a couple of things that didn't feel right. I've decided I don't need to do every exercise or do everything that Cathe does as long as I feel like I'm trying.

Good Afternoon,

No workout yet DH gave me his cold so not feeling very well and its so cold outside. I went to the interview and I am not sure this is a good job its working for and elderly couple he has extreme parkinsons and she is extremely OCD irons everything I never iron. Its only 16 hours a week at 8.50 and hour and 1 weekend every month and so far I was the only CNA applying for the job the rest were personal care assistants but the wife wants a cna. I will make up todays workout tomarrow or if I feel better later.

Ronne-at this point I might have to take both jobs.

Hi all! Today I did a Lisa Watson w/o, Strong Stride, was ok. I needed a lighter day. Ronne, all done? I'm jealous! I think I do better under pressure, if I have too much time, I over think! Roxie, that couple sounds like a challenge, especially the ironing! Not my favorite past time. My mom did teach me to iron a shirt tho! Lisa, I predict that dog will love you more than he loves your son! And then he will be all yours! Jody,fitbit, is that the thing that measures calories and what not? I would become OBSESSED! I dont think that would be a good fit for me! Hi Murphy! Have to pick up the house.a bit and make dinner, have a good evening, Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.