40's August how I love thee

fitover40

Cathlete
starting thread, my birthday month. no wonder I got all these emails this morning about my birthday month and still didn't realize we needed a new thread!

PT went well, 5 new exercises....I, T, Y on ball, and 2 foam roller exercises (one like where in Cathe yoga she threads her arm thru (the one I don't like...of course!)). It's nice getting one on one time getting form better than you can see in a dvd sometimes!

Lisa I was trying to think of a name but since its your birthday month its fitting that you started thread. I did Burlesque jazz and Lowmax this evening. Lowmax was my first Cathe, and one of about 10 dvds I owned. I think I can still do the choreography to that one when I'm 99 but my slam its may not look too pretty by then. Mary, I like AS pretty well and did it without too many miss steps. Roxie how long is the stretch dvd?

Did disc 9 today. I like this one. It has a bit too many lunges, but other than that I really like the exercises in it. I could not do some of the leg work with the paper plates in the extended part at the end, but I still like this one.

Waves to all.

Murphy

Murphy I couldn't do some of those either and they didn't feel effective for me. I noted that I'd do some hamstring ball roll ins to replace that part next time. I liked that dvd too.

Good Morning,

It started storming here at 2 this morning rained for at least 3 hours straigth needless to say I didn't get much sleep. My body is begging for a rest day but since it refuses to drop wt or inches it doesn't get one. I will do KCM's KBXing and a walk on the TM. KCM done and the TM done now its time to get ready to go to the lake.

Jody-it was only 13 mins.

Last edited:
Hi girls! Today did disc 9, I don't think I do the paper plate things at the end right, I don't really feel anything? Anyway, Jody, how is your arm? Any better? I kind of avoid LM, seems endless! Lisa, PT is starting to sound like a job! Yay to birthday month! Roxie, I love when it rains when I'm sleeping. Just lulls me out. Have fun at lake. Murphy, do you sub squats for lunges? Movie was ok, I don't know if it was worth the lost sleep tho! Got home at 11:30, up at 6 for cross country and band. Not much else, have a good day! Mary

Just realized I haven't posted yet today. I did all my physical therapy exercises and some additional lower body stretches. I walked 1.1 1 mile

Been busy doing my home anodyne light therapy on all my sore spots. Tomorrow I get my haircut yay .to shoulder length that's at least 4 inches off. Maybe it'll be easier for me to handle in my limited capacity

Jody. My slams its will have to be steps swishes?

Last edited:
Roxie that sounds like a do able/ good amt of stretching to me- I thought it would be longer.
Lisa, you are going to have to reevaluate everything as you go along and pay attention to what feels right. One day at a time, right? Enjoy the cut and stuff, I'm due too.
Mary, the streaking is fading and arm doesn't hurt. Other than lowmax from ding to dong (oops), I'm trying not to do to much, or stress it too much.
My dance bestie came over and we did Doonya (bolly type dance), it was fun- more so w/ a buddy. I'm going to bed early, I'd go right now but room is a mess from sorting and cleaning actually unpacking stuff from move two years ago- homeschool stuff I haven't really touched or needed.

I did stretches and ab work today. Should have done some yoga but so not feeling it.

Jody - glad the arm is feeling better.
Mary - I subbed some squats for lunges but mostly did not-deep lunges, did less than Cathe, and used no weights at all.

Murphy

Good Morning,

Another storm hit at 2 this morning and it was really loud sharp lightening, loud thunder and alot of rain. I am probably not going to get a workout in we are headed to the lake when DH gets home.

Murphy-good job with your workout.

Good morning! Today did premix from CF. Roxie, you are getting pelted with the rain. Hope you have great weather for the lake. Murphy, I need a yoga day too! Jody, glad to hear you are doing better. Are you back in your dance classes? Lisa, have fun getting your hair done. Heading to the beach house for the day, hopefully no rain. Have a good day! Mary

Hopefully all have fun at lake and beach house! We've had overcast day today all day and I think a monsoon went thru yesterday. Lisa, how did your hair get straight after the cut? Does she blow it out or is that the natural thing it does if you don't encourage the curls? My hair is either straight or super straight!
I'm taking a few more days off while fighting the inflammation-I don't want to overreact but also want to see this resolve positively as rapidly as possible!

Wow what a busy day, I'm exhausted. so, startging with last night, had the anodyne lights on my left side, set phone timer for 45 min, ended up falling asleep and didn't hear the timer? 2 hrs later DH wakes me up, thankfully no burns from the light therapy. so after sleeping an hour, I got up took my medicine and went back to sleep for, 11 hrs! DH had to wake me up at 9am so I wouldn't be late for hair appt. Had too much wine at hair salon, then drink at lunch, then walked around pearl street mall for 1.25 miles, got home, did PT (45 min), LB stretches (15 min). gelatin for my hair, and I still have to wear this bone stimulater for another 2.5 hrs. I want to do light therapy on my lower back and left trap, my back is getting better with it, left trap I have to wait until after the bone stimulater is done. I hope to sleep another 11 hrs tonight!

Jody, my hair is naturally stupid straight. what that means is it's straight but frizzy on the ends unless you really flat iron them. All these years I never knew it was curly wanting to get out. lol hair stylist said my hair was softer this time, I think it's becuse I haven't kept up with the gelatin treatments. Plus she is a great cutter but horrible at styling, so add in my gelatin treatments and products to enhance curling that's when I can get it to curl good. if i just washed, condish, I'd have fine, straight frizzy at ends....or as DH said when it was long and I did nothing and brushed it......WITCHY hair. Glad to hear you are being sensible about taking it easy. We have to be SMARTER in our older age.

Murphy, I want to try Cathe YR, and just sub something if there is something that strains my neck too much (and obviosly not turn it to encourage a streatch, I'm not ready for that), will see what happens for tomorrow, once I add in the PT I have to do, and having this darn bone stimiulator hanging around my neck 4 hrs a day, it limits my time.

Mary, I should post a pic here of all the hair cut off.....doesn't look like a lot since it's fine/thin, but it's long beautiful color hair on the floor.

ROxie, pelting rain here

Good Evening,

I didn't get a workout in we didn't get home in time and I had to fix supper. Its suppose to rain from tonite until next Friday.

also forgot to say, last night I did wake up at 4am, I was afraid I wouldn't get back to sleep, so I turned the bed massager on low, and it rocked me asleep like a little baby, until DH woke me up :) love that bed!

This morning not so lucky. Up at 4am and can't get back to sleep. Not sure if it was the fur ball laying between my legs or my back back to hurting(it's one spot dull deep right to left of spine) or both. At this rate will have to ask NS on the 19th.

Good Morning,

Its pouring down rain this morning and from the looks of radar its not going to stop anytime soon. I will do some stretching today and a walk on the TM.

Lisa-sorry to hear you had a rough night.

Hi everyone! Today did disc 10, this week is going to be tricky due to band camp (haha!) and cross country camp. Beach house was beautiful yesterday. Today we are going to a street festival downtown. Lisa, I hope you will be able to catch a snooze today. Maybe the pain was increased from getting your hair washed at the salon? Hair looks cute! Roxie, I'm sorry about the weather. Saw the weather on the news, looks like it is stuck right over Kansas. Jody, I think I finally caught up to you. Is the redness gone? I saw you guys had a lot of rain too. Wish I had straight hair! Murphy, how are you? Hope everyone has a good Sunday, Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.