40's April no fooling!

fitover40

Cathlete
Hi ladies! I did 60 min on the reformer then 30 min of horizontal jumping (love it for some reason), I really have to breath on that too! I was bored so did another 60 min reformer w/o. Trying to decide which ones I want to buy and download :) So many on ultimatepilatesworkouts.com are very similar.

Jody, how was MD? I like that one, I think I prefer w/o#2 to #1.

Mary, tentative start date of the 9th. I'm still not real sure of what the job is! Since everything I get is second hand (ie. I can't talk to the mgr until I get on board again with contracting company). I'm a bit concerned it's more of a design job than a doing the work job. Will see....what's the worst that could happen? :)

I forget what everyone else said in the other thread (only takes me a couple of min to forget).

Last edited:
Hello! Today did FT, fun! Lisa, that company is crazy! Just all seems so random? And weird how you can't talk to the boss til your on board, what if it's a job you don't like? Jody, are you not liking what you are doing? Or do you not like the facility you are at? Only 5 weeks! Are you going thru graduation? Ronne, work is busy! That's good! Roxie, I think your wind arrived here! Murphy, hello! Just running around today, have a good evening, Mary

Good Evening,

I did KCM 30 Minutes to Wts 1 before I went to work I wanted to walk after but my head hurt due to storms moving in tonite. My day off got cancelled again this is going to have to stop when its warm enough for us to go out on the boat.

Lisa-good job on your workout.

Mary-you can keep it but along with it comes cold air its 40 here.

Jody-I haven't done Trim Down as made just the Boxing Premix and you feel it everywhere and it gets your hr up.

KCM MD #1 done. First time. I had to unwrap it, hopefully I'll remember to number 2 next time, that one does look good. Anyway, I liked it- good workout.

Lisa,30 min of the horizontal bop sounds fun. ; )

Roxie, it was probably the boxing that put me off from getting Trim down.

Mary, I'm just gloomy and kicking myself. The field is a lot like what I'd projected (that was negative), my current situation not a great fit and the overall employment prospects are poor in an overcrowded field.

Hi Murphy and Ronne (congrats on your pic again).

Jody, Jody, Jody (in the same tone as Marcia, Marcia, Marcia)---get your mind outta the gutter :) So now we know you aren't tight and want to do the horizontal mambo :) Sorry to hear about the negative points on the job. Remember, make lemonaid! :) Worst case, get it all out in a w/o, sometimes kicking and punching help :)

Roxie, I agree about wanting more time off during warmer weather.....another reason why I'm not all that excited to go back to work....but the money and work from home is too good to pass up. Seems funny that I have no idea how I will fit in work! I get up LATE (to sleep by 9:30 and not up until 7:30...not sure why I'm sleeping so much), then I have to have an hour to wake up to coffee, a half hour to finally get to my w/o, an hour to do the w/o, feed the dogs, feed me a snack, take them for a walk (another hr), take a shower, eat lunch (another hr), rest and read( an hr), if I happened to fall asleep, another hr to sleep....you get the picture.....so nice not to have to rush to do anything and to do anything I want :) No being tied to the computer (even if I don't have any work, have to be online and nearby in case someone needs to chat with me (or worse yet give me work ) :)

Mary, the contracting company just wants to me work so that they get their cut of my hourly rate. It is stupid, the only reason I have this job is from previous contacts (ie. contracting company doesn't find me work), but in order to contract to the big blue company you have to go through only this contracting company (they've negotiated cheaper rates they pay contracting company than other contracting companies). I can't be an independant either (that would be ideal....I'd be happy to get the bigger cut of money and pay self employment taxes myself. That's life in big business......most of the contractors are ex-employees with 20 or more (myself 30) yrs of service. So an easy way for the company to cut costs (they don't have to pay for health care for example, or holidays/vacation) and yet they get the good talent that knows the company culture for a dime. So, yes, I feel used, but at the same time, I'm using them back. What's good for the goose is good for the gander (who knows that saying?...I bet Jody does)

Last edited:
Good Afternoon,

I see they finally got the site fixed, I have been trying to get on since 8 am. I did Trim Down Boxing drills with 2lb wtd gloves here at work.

Lisa-that company sounds ridiculous but I think you need to work for Cathe apparently they need someone to fix the website.

Jody-the boxing is the part I like about that workout.

Hello! Today did CB, felt like forever the last time I did it. Lisa, how awesome would it be to work for Cathe!? I know when I'm off I'm not as organized, I get more done when I work. I putter too much when I'm off! Jody I'm sorry about how your feeling. I do understand your frustration tho. Maybe when you are done and just working and not going to school you might feel better? I don't think I would re-choose nursing, probably computers. BIL makes a boatload designing programs. I don't know if I'm smart enough for that tho? Roxie, did anyone interrupt you? Ronne, you must be working hard! Murphy, if you get a chance, let us know how you are. Cleaning day! Better get busy! Mary

So some pieces of the job are coming together (I had to go to the grapevine), yes, the job I'm going to is not the same job (same area). Not sure I really want to do this job, will just see how it goes. Maybe it's just a placeholder job anyway (ie. I'm an easy laid off if they don't meet 2nd qtr numbers). I think next time I'm laid off, I may need to tell them I don't want to come back so they don't ask for me back so that I can continue to get my unemployment (I know one guy who has done this). So, I get a new computer to set up, but for this job I shouldn't need many userids (although I have no idea how they do things for this job). Honestly I'm not very thrilled with going back (except for the paycheck).

Mary, um, I wouldn't want my kids going into computers....maybe I'm jaded. My original job back in 2002 went to off shore people, since then I was in a series of jobs to try to stay employed and when I had enough I took a leave (that's when they laid me off as an employee), 3 yrs later they were calling me back as contractor because they couldn't find the skills since they run old, antiquated programs. All the offshore and new US hire people, come to just get IBM on their resume and then leave. Wow, I'm Mary sunshine about the industry. Funny how you wouldn't choose nursing and instead computers :) I wouldn't choose computers but would choose something else, though I don't know what that would be. I can't do the ick part of nursing though I'd love to help people (but only the NICE people), but yet I'm a home body. Ah, I just need that careless, abandon I had when I was young! You are right, when you are off, you do putter around!

Good Morning,

I didn't get up and workout this morning I was sleeping to good which doesn't happen often. I am down 3lbs since going to the doctors office so that started my day off well. Dh brought me to work today and then he is going to go hang out with DD and GS until I get off work then I will join them so I am sure I will be chasing him around the house so somewhat of a workout. My boss man under goes valve replacement surgery this afternoon so we will see what happens.

Lisa-sounds like a royal pain in the butt. I am a CNA and was a CMA and started nursing school but both girls came down with the chicken pox my first two weeks of school so I wasn't able to finish and now I am glad I didn't I don't like dealing with doctors. My DH started to go to school for computers but that was when they were first coming out and he isn't very good at school work.

Hi all

Roxie - have a nice time with DD and GS, playing with a toddler, that certainly counts as a workout!

Lisa - I loved your description of your day, no wonder you don't want to work. How will you fit it in?! :p

Mary - I just can't imagine you puttering - you're far too organised for that. I'm sure you'd find something to clean!! :D

Jody - sorry to hear you're feeling blue. Sometimes, that's just the way things make us feel. I'm sure things will get better for you. Re the picture, no our house isn't exactly like that!! We live on an ordinary suburban street, though there are fields at the end of the road.
I prefer MD 2 to 1 as well. It's a goody tho'.

Yesterday, I did 4DS HIS step only and today did the up only premix of PUB. That felt like enough! I thought with only doing half I might manage the ball planks at the end, but no, I just sat watching Cathe in amazement. I can manage them normally, just not after an UB workout!! Sticking to my 30-40 mins max and managing to get my work done (but not the cleaning, the bathroom is horrible!!)
DH away for a couple of days, back on Sat. So it's just me and DD. I'll have to leave my desk!

Hello! Today did LL&A. Ronne, enjoy the quiet time! Thank you for your kind words! I do get distracted tho! I start something, in the middle of it I see something else, etc! Lisa, well maybe not computers. I really have always wanted to be ........a cashier! I don't know why, just talking to people for short amounts of time, no poop, no pee, no sputum! So, next week you start? Roxie, are you going to be working full time for awhile? Enjoy GS! Hello to Murphy & Jody! Damp, chilly and raining here, would love to curl up for a nap, but then I wouldn't be able to sleep tonite. Oh well, gonna go do wash instead! Mary

Did 60 min on the reformer then had lunch and shopped (didn't buy anything) with DIL. DH is going to help me wipe his old ipad and get it set up, gotta run! sorry no personals!

Hi everyone

Hey it's Friday!

Lisa - enjoy the iPad, they're great!

Mary - see what I mean - free time opportunity there and you do the washing! :p

My DVDs arrived. I was hanging on all morning hoping to do a new workout, had to go ahead in the end, and they arrived while I was in the shower! Got 8, 5 KCMs, Rumble, Susan Chung and Mindy Mylrea. Looking forward to trying them out.
Also got my new camera, I ordered a replacement for my camera that I've had for years. It's so small! Smaller than a mobile, I feel like a butterfingers holding it!
Oh yea, did the Triple Tabata Premix from TTM, short, tough and sweet!
Have a good weekend everyone!

Good Morning,

I had a blast with GS last night he is so much fun to watch discover new things. We got home late and I went to bed with a headache and still have it TGIF. Boss man made it through surgery now he is ICU. I did KCM's Body Training Standing Legs this morning even though I wasn't really into working out just didn't sleep well.

Mary-Don't know about full time for a while boss man knew before scheduling his surgery that I have been called up for jury duty Monday first time since I turned 18.

Ronne-have fun with your new workouts.

I did RK today, this is only the second time I've done it (1st time all the way thru). I had a little soreness (the good kind) where it normally would hurt, so yea! I'm getting closer to the new normal! I decided on RK because i thought it would loosen it up and it did. Took 1.5 mile walk. Took 2 naps too!

Roxie, I've had a hard time getting to sleep last couple nights, I guess that's why I needed 2 naps :) One night I took Execdrin before bed for a headache, I haven't taken that or advil for months so I think the caffeine in Execdrin kept me up. Glad you had fun with GS :)

Ronne, Will you be using your new dvds this weekend?

Mary, I am sleeping a lot still, not sure why. I decided to take more Vit D (I had stopped that pill when I couldn't swallow pills and thought my calcium/mag liquid had more Vit D in it, maybe not). Was finally a nice day here today, sooooo ready for spring to come and STAY!

Hi, I did KCM cardio blast the other day plus a wal mart grocery haul. I was tired and didn't feel like working out, so even that felt challenging. I skipped today, visited mom in hospital- she's got a intestinal prob after taking abx for a week for resistant uti. Yes I've been frowsy lately. Identifying my feelings and acknowledging the situation is part of my process of moving through. It is looking better. It helps to have a few good days to fall back on.

Lisa, I take excederine mostly for the caffiene. I could see that keeping you awake.

Roxie, my dd just had jury duty, she was excused but nearly had to do a big case with capital punishment. I'm glad you got to have fun w/ gs. Best wishes to boss, I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Ronne, congrats on those new workouts and camara. I look forward to hearing how you like them.

Mary, I hope so about school, i am looking forward to finishing up. Its really here, anyway. At clinicals everyone goes on about how we'll be lucky to get jobs, etc. I just have to make the best of the situation and keep my eye out for opportunity. And no, I don't plan to walk with class. I'm just not into ceremony-pomp or circumstance or fuss. Not for holidays, not for funerals, barely for weddings and, well, you see. But since I've gotten academic honors, and rec'd financial aid for my classes, I don't want to be rude or disrespectful. But that being said, our very own professor talked about what torture it was for the faculty to attend grad and how they make bets/fun of students in order to pass the time. I don't exactly blame them, but I don't need to provide entertainment either. So, we will see.

Hi Murphy!

Sat- KCM bodytraining premix done

Last edited:
Good Afternoon,

It was a nice enough day that DH and I went for a 6 mile bike ride and no smoke hanging in the air today.

Jody-did you enjoy that workout Body Training is pretty tough? Things will get better just hang in there.

Good Afternoon,

I walked on the TM for 35 minutes then did Turbo Fire Stretch 10 which I really needed. My sit bones are hurting from the bike ride. I still have to do jury duty tomarrow but hoping I will get dismissed.

Hi all! Sorry to have missed past few days. Busy with kids and time gets away from me. Today did YR, yesterday GG, Friday did a Mike Donavanick w/o. Hope all is well with everyone! Will have more time tomorrow! Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.